Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

You have to believe that putting the tunnels on the tour was a way to show evidence to this dumbass that people do indeed tunnel underneath fencing and walls.

With any other president, they could just show them the tunnel scene in Sicario and they could grasp the situation:

Edited by Francisco 2.0

5 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Check-fucking-mate, libtards.

I like how he appeals to a secret service agent as the authority on whether cars have wheels.  

Trump has such a stunted intellect.  He works through problems the way toddlers do.  And the problems almost always have answers so obvious that no one over three years old would even bother asking them.  And he almost always appeals to the nearest person with even tangential association to the topic, as if the closest guy who’s ever been in a car is some sort of authority on the fundamental characteristics of a car.

“Do buildings have walls?  Let’s ask the guy going into that building!  Surely, he’ll know the answer to this puzzle!”  

• Like 1

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/10/us/politics/michael-cohen-testify-trump-congress.html

Michael D. Cohen, President Trump’s former personal lawyer who implicated him in a scheme to pay hush money to two women claiming to have had affairs with him, has agreed to testify before the House Oversight Committee next month and give “a full and credible account” of his work for Mr. Trump.

Mr. Cohen’s decision to appear before the House Oversight and Reform Committee on Feb. 7 sets the stage for a blockbuster public hearing that threatens to further damage the president’s image and could clarify the depth of his legal woes. Mr. Cohen, a consigliere to Mr. Trump when he was a real estate developer and presidential candidate as well as informally as president, was privy to the machinations of Mr. Trump’s inner circle and key moments under scrutiny by both the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, and federal prosecutors in New York.

He could soon share them on national television under oath.

“In furtherance of my commitment to cooperate and provide the American people with answers, I have accepted the invitation by Chairman Elijah Cummings to appear publicly on February 7,” Mr. Cohen said in a statement. “I look forward to having the privilege of being afforded a platform with which to give a full and credible account of the events which have transpired.”

If there's ever been more eloquent, poignant correspondence than this, I am unaware of it:
Spoiler

My sweet little whorish Nora,

I did as you told me, you dirty little girl, and pulled myself off twice when I read your letter. I am delighted to see that you do like being fucked arseways. Yes, now I can remember that night when I fucked you for so long backwards. It was the dirtiest fucking I ever gave you, darling. My prick was stuck up in you for hours, fucking in and out under your upturned rump. I felt your fat sweaty buttocks under my belly and saw your flushed face and mad eyes. At every fuck I gave you your shameless tongue come bursting out through your lips and if I gave you a bigger stronger fuck than usual fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to fuck a farting woman when every fuck drives one out of her. I think I would know Nora’s fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also.

tenor.gif
  • Like 2

I gotta say, I'm full Brisket at this point.

Everyone is saying "there is no more GOP anymore. There is the party of Trump." I'm going to take it a step further and say it's even worse than that. There are two groups of people that have always been threats to free societies: mobs and zealots. When we think of mobs, most tend to think of the people on top, but societies ruled by mobs are full of ordinary people just like us. The mentality of people among a mob is overtly criminal in nature, i.e. "might makes right," and there are plenty of Trumpists who don't even appear religious who have clearly regressed to a mob mentality. On the other hand, religious fanatics put on a moral public face, but behind the scenes their ranks are so brainwashed that they are committing all kinds of cruelties. Wanna know the point when a religion becomes a cult? The "prosperity" gospel. Preachers extracting every last dime from their "flock." Brainwashing the whole congregation into believing that everybody's personal outcome is their own fault.

So you have the evangelicals, who are really by this point just cult members, generally identifying as Republican but often identifying as Constitution Party when they want to appear above the fray. You also have the Libertarians, who posture themselves as being above the cult but deep down inside haven't grown up enough to understand that their understanding of the world around them is only surface deep. They buy in to schoolboy fantasies about how the invisible hand will fix anything, when all of human history demonstrates that free societies have to keep bad actors in check. Conspiracy theorists outwardly project an image of wanting the "real" truth to come out, but inwardly they're more interested in getting in on the ground floor of whatever new order comes when their side wins. Paranoia about the "new world order" was always a projection: there's no mistake about it, the Q phenomenon is a bunch of amoral pussies who never grew up fantasizing about one day being in power.

Of course, the left is vulnerable, too, but we're less deranged at this point -- which is no consolation, because our trajectory is the same. If there's any hope of getting out with our skins intact, we on the left, plus any defectors from the right, are it. But already our most radical are regressing into a mob mentality just like the right. And social media has been and will continue to be used by bad actors to advance the popularity of more radical liberals and diminish the moderates. In general, the ones with the most social media followers have the most say, and, if you wanted mob rule, who would you make sure had the most twitter followers?

Mobs and zealots have always been threats to free societies, but independent, separate threats. After all, to the devout, mobs are lawless and depraved, and to mobs, the devout are naive fools.

The "party" of Trump is actually way worse than that -- it's an overt political alliance between crooks and zealots forming right before our eyes. I don't know how to overstate the threat of that combination of power.

Buckle the fuck up. Let's rebuild the wall that we lost and now desperately need -- the one that stands between us and stupid. From sea to shining. fucking. sea.

Edited by ndawg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

You have to believe that putting the tunnels on the tour was a way to show evidence to this dumbass that people do indeed tunnel underneath fencing and walls.

With any other president, they could just show them the tunnel scene in Sicario and they could grasp the situation:

Sicario, I loved both of those movies.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-mexico-wall-funding-money-pay-us-border-government-shutdown-trade-deal-a8721341.html?utm_source=reddit.com&fbclid=IwAR1jgjVm82ndFKH7DJABpQy9_VjlCp4KLyGCJkrf06_VCK5a-8GGYQGV2Mk

Jesus Fucking Christ, the video of him saying he never said Mexico would literally pay is too much.  I'm fucking done. I say keep the shutdown indefinitely. Fire everyone, clear every office. Lets start from scratch in 2020. The American experiment as we knew it has failed. Nuke it from orbit and try again.

Pompeo’s speech in Cairo today was fantastic. Complete reputation of Obama’s naive speech of 10 years ago on his global apology tour. Trump is an idiot in many ways but his instincts with respect to the Middle East is spot on. Thank God we have a President who understands that Gen Sisi is far preferable to the alternative of Mohammad Morsi who Obama supported. Egypt was doing the way of Iran after the fall of the Shah until Sisi saved that country.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is how you troll

Despite the President's long list of inane actions and policies, his instincts when it comes to dealing with the Middle East is much more grounded in reality than the naivete of Obama. Obama encouraged the Arab Spring which led to Egypt falling into the hands of Islamists until Gen. Sisi saved it from that hellish future. Does Sisi have warts? Of course, but he is a far preferable option for the secular, Coptic and educated segments of Egypt comprising the majority of that country than Mohammad Morsi was. The truth is that the Arab world lacks the necessary bones to have functioning liberal democracies.

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Pompeo’s speech in Cairo today was fantastic. Complete reputation of Obama’s naive speech of 10 years ago on his global apology tour. Trump is an idiot in many ways but his instincts with respect to the Middle East is spot on. Thank God we have a President who understands that Gen Sisi is far preferable to the alternative of Mohammad Morsi who Obama supported. Egypt was doing the way of Iran after the fall of the Shah until Sisi saved that country.

no way you're not a bot piecing together gop talking points at random.

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

no way you're not a bot piecing together gop talking points at random.

I’m real. I want realistic foreign policy in the Middle East. Supreme Court Justices and his Middle East foreign policy is what Trump has done that has pleased me the most. No matter how many Islamist political prisoners that Sisi has locked up, life is better for women, professionals and anyone other than an Islamic radical in Egypt. I will take secular autocracy any day of the week over an Islamic Republic and so do the majority of Egyptians who went to the streets to overthrow Morsi

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-mexico-wall-funding-money-pay-us-border-government-shutdown-trade-deal-a8721341.html?utm_source=reddit.com&fbclid=IwAR1jgjVm82ndFKH7DJABpQy9_VjlCp4KLyGCJkrf06_VCK5a-8GGYQGV2Mk

Jesus Fucking Christ, the video of him saying he never said Mexico would literally pay is too much.  I'm fucking done. I say keep the shutdown indefinitely. Fire everyone, clear every office. Lets start from scratch in 2020. The American experiment as we knew it has failed. Nuke it from orbit and try again.

I'm cool with this

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-350

Wait... THIS Jim Jordan said that?

Today, Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) and Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC), along with 9 cosponsors, introduced Articles of Impeachment against Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

Hey Jim.  Here's my cordial invitation to go fuck yourself.  You should really read it.  It's engraved.  Has an AMAZING watermark.  And, it says you should go fuck yourself.  And it's a weird one -- you can't decline it.  Go fuck yourself.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Why do they turn left?  Are they always traveling east at the onset of their trip?  And what is it about the color blue that makes this particular tape so powerful?   

Edited by Burt