Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

5 hours ago, Lurch said:

It’s some sort of sick fetish. It’s the only plausible explanation at this point.

They are Republicans. That means one of two things. 

He is gay and she is his beard.

He is a cuckold who likes to watch other guys run a train on her. 

When you look at it through the lens of these two most common conservative politician marriage scenarios, it makes sense. 

4 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Who gives a shit about melanie, why does she need a standing ovation

You have to give the first lady credit.  She did successfully come to the country illegally and bring in her family through chain migration before we managed to build a wall.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

If I’m at home I almost always watch. Skipping tonight. It’s not because I don’t care. It’s because no matter how terrible he is, he won’t lose a single supporter. What he says has become completely insignificant. 

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I just caught up on True Detective and am now on hold with Chase Card Services.  Much better than watching this nonsense.

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

No fucking way am I watching this.  It would just make me ragey.  I'll wait for the recap.

My criticisms of Trump aside, I can't remember the last time I've watched more than 5 minutes of any State of the Union before changing channels. I'm probably jaded, but it just seems like nothing more than a presidential campaign rally in front of Congress.  It's also annoying that every three sentences people have to clap for 30 seconds. 

Was there anyone surprised by a single thing he said?  Did he say anything he hadn't tweeted 1,000 times already?

1 hour ago, Tom said:

My criticisms of Trump aside, I can't remember the last time I've watched more than 5 minutes of any State of the Union before changing channels. I'm probably jaded, but it just seems like nothing more than a presidential campaign rally in front of Congress.  It's also annoying that every three sentences people have to clap for 30 seconds. 

Was there anyone surprised by a single thing he said?  Did he say anything he hadn't tweeted 1,000 times already?

The Clinton NK war thing was a bit shocking.

And yet you jog with a gun in this country because you are a giant fucking pussy who is terrified. You're a bigger pussy than the President. 
You should also visit the world for once.  In most advanced industrialized countries, trust fund kids jog unarmed. Funny how income equality does that.  

Wait, is this real? Johnny emulates Rick Perry when he runs?

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

It's not a tumah (on his cheek)

Dorian Gray, baby, Dorian Gray.

And he's much, much less gross than the people who voted for him.

Trump is Trump. Can't really blame him for that.

You can blame all the dipshits who voted for him, though. 

And I do.

• Like 1

i will say that I was impressed with the President's dye job and tan job.  I mean it was about as good as you can get for fake hair and skin.

I guess the main take away for me was the never ending inability for the GOP to tell huge lies in order to try and shore up their eroding base.  The abortion extreme mischaracterizations were on point for a President and a party that are terrified on running on the truth of their policies and ideas.  A couple years back I would have likely said, policies and principles, but as far as I can tell the GOP is still completely devoid of any sort of principle, beyond lying.

I also loved Trump trotting out the adorable little girl struck with childhood cancer.  I even applauded the $600 million over 10 years to invest in finding a cure! Then damn it!!! I did some math.. $60 million a year for 10 years for cancer, and $600 million this year to use troops as props along the border.  Applauded the idea of investing to end HIV, but again... math crept in and made me realize the lip service versus action, that is this President and his party's calling card.  At least the dye and tan job were great!

• Like 1

Busiest schedule I’ve seen for Trump

The White House
Office of the Press Secretary
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 6, 2019
DAILY GUIDANCE AND PRESS SCHEDULE FOR
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2019

In-Town Pool
Wires: AP, Reuters, Bloomberg
Wire Photos: AP, Reuters, AFP, NYT
TV Corr & Crew: NBC
Print: Talking Points Memo
Radio: Talk Media News

EST

7:15AM In-Town Pool Call Time

7:50AM The President departs the White House en route to the Washington Hilton

South Portico

In-Town Pool

7:55AM The President arrives at the Washington Hilton

Washington, D.C.

In-Town Pool

8:00AM The President delivers remarks at the 2019 National Prayer Breakfast

Washington, D.C.

In-Town Pool

9:35AM The President departs the Washington Hilton en route to the White House

Washington, D.C.

In-Town Pool

9:40AM The President arrives at the White House

South Portico

Closed Press

11:45AM The President receives his intelligence briefing

Oval Office

Closed Press

12:45PM The President has lunch with the Secretary of State

Private Dining Room

Closed Press

1:45PM The President participates in the National Security Presidential Memorandum Signing to Launch the “Women’s Global Development and Prosperity” Initiative

Oval Office