Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Oh, I got it brutha.  From the fact they both learn everything from television to the poorly fitted ties.  It's gotten. 

Then again, they have so much in conflict in that I still like Chance the Gardener.  But yeah, if he were still alive...I'd bet he'd draw some similarities in truth being stranger than fiction.  I wish I could find an online (for proper pay) version of that movie.  

Anyway, 

I've long felt he's the love child of Chance and Ignatius J. Reilly.

• Like 1

Mueller laid out the roadmap to successfully impeach the president in Volume 2.  If the democrats start calling witnesses publicly testifying that Trump instructed them to fire Mueller, lie on his behalf, pressure witnesses, and unrecuse to shut down the Russia investigation, that might work.  You don’t have to convert Trump’s base, you just have to persuade the people not really paying attention to pay attention.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

This whole point in our history is quite fascinating and disturbing.  You cannot have a functioning society when half the population lives in a different reality.  I don't know where we go from here, but I feel like it can't be good.

we're in a simulation. we're just video game characters for some advanced alien life form. 

that actually comforts me. 

13 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Fuck you pussy.  You go at this corrupt motherfucker as hard as possible.  You say the Senate wouldn’t convict?  How do you know that?  Because that’s what everyone says?  Fuck you.  You drive the narrative, you hold hearings, you shape public opinion with facts, evidence, and testimony.  Make the Republicans want to get rid of Trump too.  This is about being an effective salesperson and the democrats clearly have the better product, they just need to persuade a small amount of buyers to get the job done.  Sick of this resistance is futile bullshit. 

They only have a better product in the sense that any product is better than trump. I couldn't even tell you what the democratic product is because they are such shitty salespeople. 

I despise Trump and after the last two years, voting for any R is off the table, but let's not pretend the Democratic party represents any unified platform. My guess is the chaos within the democratic ranks gets worse rather than better between now and 2020, because there is little alignment between the AOC's and the Pelosi's of the party. The 2020 election should be a slam dunk for the Dems, but if anybody can fuck this up, they can. 

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This whole point in our history is quite fascinating and disturbing.  You cannot have a functioning society when half the population lives in a different reality.  I don't know where we go from here, but I feel like it can't be good.

tenor.gif?itemid=12300644

Just now, Blotto said:

They only have a better product in the sense that any product is better than trump. I couldn't even tell you what the democratic product is because they are such shitty salespeople. 

I despise Trump and after the last two years, voting for any R is off the table, but let's not pretend the Democratic party represents any unified platform. My guess is the chaos within the democratic ranks gets worse rather than better between now and 2020, because there is little alignment between the AOC's and the Pelosi's of the party. The 2020 election should be a slam dunk for the Dems, but if anybody can fuck this up, they can. 

The democrats don’t have effective leadership (salespeople) and the people that would be effective leaders are marginalized by both parties simultaneously to keep them from redirecting the Titanic we’re on.  

It’s a tragedy and an indictment on our entire society from the Justice System to the MSM to our political institutions that our president is a dangerous lying criminal no one wants to do anything about.  

20 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Mueller laid out the roadmap to successfully impeach the president in Volume 2.  If the democrats start calling witnesses publicly testifying that Trump instructed them to fire Mueller, lie on his behalf, pressure witnesses, and unrecuse to shut down the Russia investigation, that might work.  You don’t have to convert Trump’s base, you just have to persuade the people not really paying attention to pay attention.

I think as more and more House Democrats read the report, they are going to realize they have to start impeachment proceedings. We have a sitting president of the United States who attempted to thwart an investigation into a foreign government's attack on the 2016 election. That's been established by his own DOJ. Something tells me that as the days go by and the public starts to absorb the facts laid out in the report, pressure will begin to build on House Democrats and they'll have to start impeachment proceedings. The report makes it politically untenable not to. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Thanks to the internet, reality is whatever you want it to be! There is no truth anymore. If you don't like the truth, you can go to another website and find a more convenient truth. 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I dunno.  We got along for centuries with slavery and Jim Crow.   Granted, we had that civil war thingy bobby.   But we lived in two different realities with segregation for almost a century.    I think we gloss over our country's warts and history much to often.   We have always had Know-Nothing America first, hate the browns and foreigners and Catholics in our body politic.   It never gets cut out.   Hell, the Know-Nothings helped get Lincoln elected.    And then there is this:

kkk1926.jpg

The Klan had 2-5 MILLION members in the 1920s.  

Why is part of Pennsylvania Trump country?    This is a good quick read about our history of toleration: https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/273625/pennsylvanias-dark-history-of-hate

I have to say, things today do not look as shitty as almost any decade when your grandfather was alive.  We just have amnesia about how shitty it was.

16 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I dunno.  We got along for centuries with slavery and Jim Crow.   Granted, we had that civil war thingy bobby.   But we lived in two different realities with segregation for almost a century.    I think we gloss over our country's warts and history much to often.   We have always had Know-Nothing America first, hate the browns and foreigners and Catholics in our body politic.   It never gets cut out.   Hell, the Know-Nothings helped get Lincoln elected.    And then there is this:

kkk1926.jpg

The Klan had 2-5 MILLION members in the 1920s.  

Why is part of Pennsylvania Trump country?    This is a good quick read about our history of toleration: https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/273625/pennsylvanias-dark-history-of-hate

I have to say, things today do not look as shitty as almost any decade when your grandfather was alive.  We just have amnesia about how shitty it was.

Well, in those days, there was a fundamental but openly discussed disagreement on policy (i.e., whether black people were people or chattel). This would be the equivalent:

Lincoln: "There's no war, it's all fake news. The Generals in the south are all loyal to me, they love me, they're all very good people. Very respectful of their president."

Crowd Member: "Sir, all the men in my family left several months ago with guns to fight rebels in the south. They have not returned. How can you say there is no war?"

Lincoln: "There's no rebellion. Fake news. I played golf with General Lee last week. He's a great person, very smart. We had a great time. He had nothing but great things to say about me."

Crowd Member: "But my family members, they left to fight in the war."

Lincoln: "The press is the enemy of the people. So unfair. I've created a great economy. Everybody says so."

Crowd Member: "But sir..." [crowd member next to her starts throwing punches]

Lincoln: "That's right, get that crazy bitch out of here!  Fake news!"

Crowd: "Lock her up!  Lock her up!"

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Something tells me that as the days go by and the public starts to absorb the facts laid out in the report, pressure will begin to build on House Democrats and they'll have to start impeachment proceedings.

By breakfast tomorrow, "the public" is going to be back to the Kartrashians and other bullshit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

Sickened I say. Won't do jack shit about it, but know that I'm sickened. 

When Trump is impeached and Romney votes against removing him from office he’ll say something like “I was disgusted by the president’s conduct and found it to be impeachable, but what is even more disgusting is the Dems politicizing it by impeaching him!”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

Earlier he tweeted "bullshit" and know he retweeted about a circle jerk. We might get an F bomb soon. 

Good.  I'm waiting for the first Dem candidate to have the balls to say the simple truth -- "Look, we all know that Donald Trump is a fucking liar.  And we know that his own secretary of state, former head of one of the most important companies in the country, observed that Donald Trump is a fucking moron.  Even if you think that we need to shake things up in this country, you know that we don't need a fucking liar and a fucking moron in charge."

• Like 1

Listened to NPR today and it every bit of restraint not to punch my radio when a Republican came on. “Total waste of time and money; found nothing; butter emails, fake dossier; investigate the investigation; media was completely wrong”

Not one mention of concern that Russia did actually meddle and coordinate -full stop, or a bunch of fuckers in trump’s team going to jail, or all the seized assets, or all the other investigations still on going, or all the shameful behavior.

Complete parroting of Trumps basic rhetoric.

My favorite: “he was just blowing off steam”

Shameful bastards.

We are more divided by the day. Two America’s.

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Good.  I'm waiting for the first Dem candidate to have the balls to say the simple truth -- "Look, we all know that Donald Trump is a fucking liar.  And we know that his own secretary of state, former head of one of the most important companies in the country, observed that Donald Trump is a fucking moron.  Even if you think that we need to shake things up in this country, you know that we don't need a fucking liar and a fucking moron in charge."

ql2DfWK.gif?noredirect

2 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Listened to NPR today and it every bit of restraint not to punch my radio when a Republican came on. “Total waste of time and money; found nothing; butter emails, fake dossier; investigate the investigation; media was completely wrong”

Not one mention of concern that Russia did actually meddle and coordinate -full stop, or a bunch of fuckers in trump’s team going to jail, or all the seized assets, or all the other investigations still on going, or all the shameful behavior.

Complete parroting of Trumps basic rhetoric.

My favorite: “he was just blowing off steam”

Shameful bastards.

We are more divided by the day. Two America’s.

It's wild to me that the president wants to investigate the people he deems his political enemies and we've become numb to it. 

It's tiring at this point, but if Obama had done it Fox News viewers would've had an ulcer.

25 minutes ago, Skyline said:

It's wild to me that the president wants to investigate the people he deems his political enemies and we've become numb to it. 

It's tiring at this point, but if Obama had done it Fox News viewers would've had an ulcer.

Take everything that Donald Trump has done and insert the name Hillary Clinton.

I wonder how the right would react.

Never forget

• Like 1