Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

nah.  i see people saying that a lot, but i don't buy it.  it looks like hillary was supposed to win WI by 6, MI and PA by 4.5.  lost them all.  those aren't really that small of errors in today's political climate where every election is decided by a few percentage points.

but one thing i've wondered is if they will be more accurate this time around.  the 'shy trump supporter' theory doesn't seem to have any real support by people that have looked into the data.  but i think something similar might hold some water.  now, more than in 2016, trump supporters tend to shout from the rooftops their support.  i bet those opinions make their way into the polls more effectively now than in 2016.  so my gut says that a 42% approval rating now probably means a lower real number than a 42% rating in 2016.  it's kinda the 'shy' theory, but just a little tangential to it.

The polls were fairly accurate with the exception of the three states you cite which also just so happened to throw the election to trump. 

In light of what we’ve learned since about Manafort, the Russians and the mystery county in Florida that was hacked, Makes you wonder...

Bottom line is Dotard won't pay unless a court judgment forces him to. Just have him give his 4th of July speech or whatever he's doing from his shitter. Somehow he'd probably find a way to rack up an 8 figure bill doing that.

Edited by UpperWestside

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7141841/Trump-says-Iran-DID-attack-tankers-Gulf-warns-not-taken-lightly.html

'Iran did do it,' Trump said on 'Fox & Friends' when he called in to the morning show for an interview. 

'You saw the boat, one to have mines didn't explode and it has Iran written all over it. Successfully took the mine off the boat and that was exposed. They didn't want the evidence left behind. They don't know that we have things that we can detect in the dark that work very well. We have that. It was them that did it,' Trump said.

But Trump didn't offer details when pressed on how the United States would respond.  

'We're gonna see. We're gonna see how to stop,' he said. 

'We'll see what happens. We don't take it lightly, that I can tell you,' he added.

He also argued U.S. relations were better with Iran than under former President Barack Obama and claimed Irans hadn't shouted 'death to America' lately.

'I don't think they've talked the same way when President Obama signed agreement, they were saying death to America, they were having good time at his expense,' Trump said. 'They haven't screamed death to America lately.'

this fucking guy

13 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

"Whales" is right up there with "smocking" and "boarder" as irrefutable evidence of his dipshittery.  

Oh, and I just remembered Trump in Israel:  "We just got back from the Middle East."

He's demonstrably illiterate and unlearned.  

Edited by Paul Wesley

15 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

"Whales" is right up there with "smocking" and "boarder" as irrefutable evidence of his dipshittery.  

the trouble with spellcheck is that sometimes you misspell a word into another existing word.  they really should put a warning on that thing.

can you imagine what his tweets would be like if there were nothing alerting him to misspellings?

regardless, elevating ocean mammals to royalty is a hefty acchommplessmint.

• Like 1

If they do no harm,  I can easily forgive typos, usage mistakes etc.... from a President.  Lord knows, I make my share of them.

In the hands of a skilled social media operator, mistakes become an opportunity for public humility or contrition, to show one's human side.  Ex:  If, immediately after it being pointed out to him that he   had  tweeted "Prince of Whales,"  Trump tweeted "Good Lord ... Prince of WHALES?  I'd blame it on my voice-recognition software but this was just a plain old brain fart"  or  "Prince of WHALES?  Jeeze, I need more coffee!"  or "Prince of WHALES?  Bring me the head of my social-media accounts!  Oh, that's me? Never mind!"  or any of a thousand other things, people would have laughed because we can all see ourselves doing it and because "Prince of Whales"  brings up a funny image.   But Trump has absolutely no skills when it comes to this, no sense of self-deprecation.  And it's kind of weird because in earlier interviews  when he was younger he did have some of those skills.

Edited by Hornius Emeritus

He doesn’t misspell on purpose. Nor does he tweet just to distract. That’s giving the guy way too much credit.

He’s a mentally ill narcissist in which everything he ever does or says is designed to shield himself from the truth about himself. It’s a 24 hour a day 7 days a week job too. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

They let you do it when you are famous.

But by all means let’s hear more about athletes disrespecting the flag while POTUS sexually assaults it on stage.

he can't help it. he's automatically attracted to beautiful. it’s like a magnet. just hug. i don’t even wait. when you’re a star, they let you do it. you can do anything. grab ’em by the flagpole. you can do anything.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

If they do no harm,  I can easily forgive typos, usage mistakes etc.... from a President.  Lord knows, I make my share of them.

In the hands of a skilled social media operator, mistakes become an opportunity for public humility or contrition, to show one's human side.  Ex:  If, immediately after it being pointed out to him that he   had  tweeted "Prince of Whales,"  Trump tweeted "Good Lord ... Prince of WHALES?  I'd blame it on my voice-recognition software but this was just a plain old brain fart"  or  "Prince of WHALES?  Jeeze, I need more coffee!"  or "Prince of WHALES?  Bring me the head of my social-media accounts!  Oh, that's me? Never mind!"  or any of a thousand other things, people would have laughed because we can all see ourselves doing it and because "Prince of Whales"  brings up a funny image.   But Trump has absolutely no skills when it comes to this, no sense of self-deprecation.  And it's kind of weird because in earlier interviews  when he was younger he did have some of those skills.

I take more care when I send an email to a single person.   He's shockingly the president.  If you're tweeting out something to millions, have a member of the hundreds of people on his staff proofread first.  But they don't give a fuck, and trump's supporters cheer ignorance, including his.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i was told that trump dominated and will continue to dominate among military voters, who always and still love him.

But a number are current or former members of the U.S. military. ProPublica and Frontline have identified three Atomwaffen members or associates who are currently employed by the Army or Navy. Another three served in the armed forces in the past. Pistolis, who remains an active-duty Marine, left Atomwaffen in a dispute late in 2017 and joined up with another white supremacist group. Reporters made the identifications through dozens of interviews, a range of social media and other online posts, and a review of the 250,000 confidential messages obtained earlier this year.

From ProPublica and Frontline. Certainly no indication that anything like a majority of the service is Atomwaffen or other white supremacists, but I've been seeing scattered articles about them joining the military for years. They recruit once they're in.

So Donald has that going for him.

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

From ProPublica and Frontline. Certainly no indication that anything like a majority of the service is Atomwaffen or other white supremacists, but I've been seeing scattered articles about them joining the military for years. They recruit once they're in.

So Donald has that going for him.

ha, yep,  gotta give action to get action.

i know there was a sharp decline in voter participation in active/vets from '12 to '16.  i imagine neither candidate was very appealing to that bloc.  will be interesting to see how certain dems can take advantage in '20.  i also wonder about how the next weeks/months play out with iran, and how military families will feel about that.

3 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

slow morning today, only the three tweets:

all three tweets reference foxnews.

totally normal, totally cool.

“Believe it or not, even when I’m in Washington or New York, I do not watch much television,” Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One. "People that don’t know me, they like to say I watch television — people with fake sources. You know, fake reporters, fake sources.”

“But I don’t get to watch much television. Primarily because of documents. I’m reading documents. A lot,” Trump continued, speaking mainly to print reporters. “I actually read much more — I read you people much more than I watch television.”

In the 2020 presidential election I'll be seeking a candidate who both talks like me and lends quality television recommendations.  Candidates who use fancy, uppity talk who like stupid shows will not be getting my vote nor my attention.  It's time for America to take a stand.  

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

I take more care when I send an email to a single person.   He's shockingly the president.  If you're tweeting out something to millions, have a member of the hundreds of people on his staff proofread first.  But they don't give a fuck, and trump's supporters cheer ignorance, including his.

Being refined is for liberal pussies.

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I look forward to seeing if Melanie can plan a funeral as well as Jackie. 

Not sure about her funeral planning abilities, but I can assure you Melania's rebound marriage game will be on par or better than Jackie's. 

Edited by Lagunamadre

28 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Not sure about her funeral planning abilities, but I can assure you Melania's rebound marriage game will be on par or better than Jackie's. 

I don't know about that. Jackie was a prize, a trophy, an icon. Melanie is just sort of a jumped up stripper whose only prestige are good looks and a her title as former First Lady.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 3

Jackie:  attractive in a reverent and iconic way; strength combined with vulnerability; class; decorum

Melania:  bone zone; fold a dollar into a bowtie; does the splits on a white jaguar; air guitar; might get a black eye from Axl Rose

• Like 1
  • Haha 2