Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Two things. First, his socks love his posts and post a positive laugh if he posts his spaghetti recipe. 

Two, and much more ingenious, he never goes totally overboard and attempts to maintain a reasonable demeanor. This causes people to not neg him too much so the above number one manages to keep him above board. 

It’s actually quite ingenious. I give him a solid A minus when it comes to trolling message boards such as this one. Its quality work. 

I think when he liked a post calling Bama Girl a bitch recently he should've been negged right out of here. Luckily for him the posts were removed, but I wanted to see who liked it and sure enough it was that clown.

I just don't get how anyone falls for his act. He is a Dotard die-hard to the core. 

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Norks have the hackers.  Trump would probably hand them South Korea if they could secure his victory.  Norks are going to keep developing nukes until China stops them. 

Oh I know that Hugo. My point is what trump would do if offered dirt that would help him personally and the expense of our country, the USA.

4 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I think when he liked a post calling Bama Girl a bitch recently he should've been negged right out of here. Luckily for him the posts were removed, but I wanted to see who liked it and sure enough it was that clown.

I just don't get how anyone falls for his act. He is a Dotard die-hard to the core. 

He’s a troll that has been smart enough to figure out how not to get negged to oblivion here despite it all. I give him props for that. 

Its impossible to eliminate all trolls from a website. Just part of the game. If Chrispy stays along I’ll be ok with that, gives us some idiot to rail against.

#unbantheswam

Edited by JimmyJames

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Norks have the hackers.  Trump would probably hand them South Korea if they could secure his victory.  Norks are going to keep developing nukes until China stops them. 

But, but I thought Dotard guaranteed they were dismantling their nuclear program. Are you trying to tell me that the ghost of Neville Chamberlain may have found its way across the pond and took control of Dotard?

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Not nearly as much as Melania has practiced her Resting Bitch Face.

2 hours ago, RPM said:

I think it's more of a Botox face.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Only a trained doctor can tell the difference.

Resting bitch Botox face.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Well that’s certainly the pessimistic view of things. Not saying you’re wrong, but its wrong to think that is the inevitable outcome.

The future is not knowable. Do what you can to try to make it not so. 

I’m still staying involved in a lot of ways, and I’ll go down trying, but ... Trump just said he would accept assistance from a foreign power, and the Republican traitors just blocked efforts to curb foreign interference in the elections (again).  So yeah, I’m struggling to find a single thing to be optimistic about. In fact, this is the kind of stuff that makes an overthrow, by force if necessary, completely justified.  It’s been justified since Helsinki +1 at the latest point in time.  It’s just amazing to me that no one is doing a damn thing of any consequence about organized treason that’s occurring right out in the open.  

• Like 1

So if passed, that would probably make it to the Supreme Court where it would be ruled unconstitutional.  Excellent use of your time, gentlement.

If the constitution was amended, then a banning statute becomes constitutional.

An Amendment can not be unconstitutional.

It IS a giant waste of time though because it would never get ratified.

36 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I like how Trump’s strategy is now, “I’ll burn this motherfucker to the ground if I lose.”

That should resonate well with his pissed off supporters with zero money in the stock market. 

It’s not a strategy but it is what he plans to try to do when he loses. That has always been the case though.

14 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

This is so true and terrifying at the same time.

Can any Republican defend this bullshit?

One of the best quotes I saw....

”People that voted for Trump did so because he said what he believed.....and now they have spent two years trying to defend what he says”

Fucking traitors.

The only Republicans who would object to this shit are no longer Republicans unless they are elected officials living in abject fear of prosecution and disgrace. 

The ones who are still GOPs are trying to discredit legal authority and are beneath disgrace (shameless).

Trump is just the nastiest blackhead of an increasingly bad case of acne or the worst bubo in a nasty case of plague.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

The sack claims he didn’t vote for trump last time but definitely will in the next election. Its hard to comprehend how someone could be so damn stupid to have that mindset but there it is.

I think it's a poor idea to keep dismissing Trump supporters as stupid. Name-calling that is often resorted to is also, in my opinion, counter-productive for a few reasons.

Trump's band of supporters are not homogenized yokel racists morons. 

I've met otherwise good and mildly thoughtful people who voted Trump and seem to be gritting their teeth under scorn waiting to vote for him again. I don't get it, but there it is. They're not traitors even if their vote is dangerous to the republic.

I prefer to stay engage with Trumpists who are clearly sincere and not blind followers or trolls. Maybe I can figure out where the problem is. Some combination of party-fanaticism, self-interest, and belief that the alternative to Trump/GOP (interchangeable terms now) is far more dangerous surely drives them. 

I'd rather stick to questioning and attacking those pillars of their belief rather than just calling someone an idiot. I mean, yes, there are surely idiots who post here as well as ideologues and trolls who deserve scorn, but that's not everyone.

So, there's my little soapbox speech of the day. I don't want to automatically transfer the seething fury and scorn I have for Trump, his administration, his elected toadies, and the actual deplorables to everyone who votes Trump.

Of course, name-calling and interrupted dinners are fair game for those named above. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, scottsins said:

If the constitution was amended, then a banning statute becomes constitutional.

An Amendment can not be unconstitutional.

Yes, of course you are correct.  My mind read "legislation" even though the tweet said "amendment".  I have things like the Alabama abortion ban on the brain.  My bad.

42 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I think it's a poor idea to keep dismissing Trump supporters as stupid. Name-calling that is often resorted to is also, in my opinion, counter-productive for a few reasons.

I've met otherwise good and mildly thoughtful people who voted Trump and seem to be gritting their teeth under scorn waiting to vote for him again. I don't get it, but there it is. They're not traitors even if their vote is dangerous to the republic.

I prefer to stay engage with Trumpists who are clearly sincere and not blind followers or trolls. Maybe I can figure out where the problem is. Some combination of party-fanaticism, self-interest, and belief that the alternative to Trump/GOP (interchangeable terms now) is far more dangerous surely drives them. 

I'd rather stick to questioning and attacking those pillars of their belief rather than just calling someone an idiot. I mean, yes, there are surely idiots who post here as well as ideologues and trolls who deserve scorn, but that's not everyone.

So, there's my little soapbox speech of the day. I don't want to automatically transfer the seething fury and scorn I have for Trump, his administration, his elected toadies, and the actual deplorables to everyone who votes Trump.

Of course, name-calling and interrupted dinners are fair game for those named above. 

Of course.  There’s decent people that vote for trump.  They watch fox and bury their head in the sand.  Then they go and pull the R lever to save babies or whatever other justification they’ve sold themselves on.  They live in the safe space that they love to accuse those on the far left of hiding in.  Fuck them.  You can be nice all you want, but they should still be forced to understand they’re choosing the side of bigots.  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Of course.  There’s decent people that vote for trump.  They watch fox and bury their head in the sand.  Then they go and pull the R lever to save babies or whatever other justification they’ve sold themselves on.  They live in the safe space that they love to accuse those on the far left of hiding in.  Fuck them.  You can be nice all you want, but they should still be forced to understand they’re choosing the side of bigots.  

Choosing the side of bigotry kind of diminishes the "decent people" label. You are not decent if you choose bigotry. 

• Like 5

So the current theory on why someone in the government decided to leak this to the press is to let the public know when and if Trump decides to shut it down.  

Two administration officials said they believed Mr. Trump had not been briefed in any detail about the steps to place “implants” — software code that can be used for surveillance or attack — inside the Russian grid.

Pentagon and intelligence officials described broad hesitation to go into detail with Mr. Trump about operations against Russia for concern over his reaction — and the possibility that he might countermand it or discuss it with foreign officials, as he did in 2017 when he mentioned a sensitive operation in Syria to the Russian foreign minister.

Because the new law defines the actions in cyberspace as akin to traditional military activity on the ground, in the air or at sea, no such briefing would be necessary, they added.

The intent of the operations was described in different ways by several current and former national security officials. Some called it “signaling” Russia, a sort of digital shot across the bow. Others said the moves were intended to position the United States to respond if Mr. Putin became more aggressive.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I haven't yet seen a Trump supporter that isn't stupid, deplorable, or suffering from deep psychological/emotional problems (or some combination).  And I've seen plenty of Trump supporters, including several in my own family.   My guess is that you think of them as "otherwise good" people because they are good to you, as somebody within their family or social circle.   But they are not good to the targets of Trump's despicable policies, which means they are not actually good people.   Part of the banality of evil is that most of the people who support and enable the most evil of acts seem like "otherwise good" folks in their day to day lives.   It's how they live with themselves and rationalize their support for someone like Trump.

And the reasoned arguments that you think might persuade them someday simply won't.  They didn't arrive at their support of Trump through reason, but rather the basest of their instincts.   The FoxNews-provided rationalizations aren't what persuaded them to take those positions; they're pretext that allows them to justify, to themselves and others, the positions they already wanted to take.   You can't reason them away.   The most you can do is put the worst of what Trump is doing right before their eyes and try to trigger a broader empathy that Republicans generally lack.   It's why the initiation of the child separation policy actually had a tiny, temporary dent in Trump's support, and why that dent disappeared when Trump put a fig leaf over what is still going on. 

• Like 8