Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

So we're just not talking about the fact that Jim Bakker dyed his hands to look like Donald Trump?  I mean cons and buckets aside, the man dipped his arms up to the elbows in the same tanning shit the President uses so he could literally be the working hands of the Trump?  We're just skating past this?  

44 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Was Malthus correct?  Kuznets?  Plenty are incorrect.

They weren't 100 percent incorrect.  The flaw they shared is that they failed to predict how technological advances would affect their theories, and their bold predictions at the end of their timelines were wrong. Both can be modified to remain accurate. 

Laffer isn't incorrect in theory either. Using the Laffer curve as justification to push toward 0 tax is wrong however.  We have never even been close to the wrong side of the inflection point. And really, it's only applicable to personal income tax. It would be quite possible to have a 100% corporate tax rate with a deduction for business reinvestment and hiring that would force corporations to reinvest all their potential profit. And they absolutely wouldn't stop growing. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

They weren't 100 percent incorrect.  The flaw they shared is that they failed to predict how technological advances would affect their theories, and their bold predictions at the end of their timelines were wrong. Both can be modified to remain accurate. 

Laffer isn't incorrect in theory either. Using the Laffer curve as justification to push toward 0 tax is wrong however.  We have never even been close to the wrong side of the inflection point. And really, it's only applicable to personal income tax. It would be quite possible to have a 100% corporate tax rate with a deduction for business reinvestment and hiring that would force corporations to reinvest all their potential profit. And they absolutely wouldn't stop growing. 

You could have a 100% tax rate and people would still work too. Laffer is wrong in theory and application. And wasnt his theory anyway.

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

Republicans will believe anything that tells them they're right and "libs" are wrong. And "libs" include everyone who doesn't believe exactly everything they believe.

46 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yep.  That person would vote for Trump if all those things were a complete 180.  It would all be Obama/Soros/Hillary/Pelosi's fault Trump couldn't get anything done.  We must give him more time! 

Lulz, you mean something like this? Boo Biden curing cancer is so stupid! Fuck yeah Donald, cure that cancer! 

Does anybody else just sit in wonder at what that teleprompter feed must look like?

"To many (dramatic pause) 

many (dramatic pause) 

problems...to many 

many (dramatic pause) 

diseases.  lncluding 

Cancer (dramatic pause)" 

9 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Deplorable .

I actually admire the crowd for this.  If any American city is gonna be defecated upon by white trash trumpkins, it might as well be Orlando.  Sure, I might prefer to see the feral horde drag their scouring asses across Tampa or anywhere in Indiana, but Orlando is definitely qualified for the honor.

• Haha 1

That's just how Florida looks regularly.  Don't judge.  

It's not all South Beach, Seaside, and Epcot.  Most of the state looks like the bathroom of a Waffle House, only more humid  

1 hour ago, horncyclist said:

You could have a 100% tax rate and people would still work too. Laffer is wrong in theory and application. And wasnt his theory anyway.

Yes, but people would look for tax shelters which would make the "effective" tax rate less than 100%. With an actual 100% taking, people wouldn't work for income because it would be entirely pointless.  They would "work" on artistic or hobbyish endeavors, however.  And they'd also "work" to qualify for gov't rations or for the purpose of glory and/or the greater good. After all, there were "volunteers" to swim around in radioactive water underneath a melting down reactor in chernobyl. 

Forced corporate reinvestment is more workable. 

But yeah, Laffer didn't come up with it. He's a 0 tax shill. He's the equivalent of one of the scientists who works for RJ Reynolds while studying smoking's effect on health.

Edited by FondrenRoad

30 minutes ago, Lobo said:

That's just how Florida looks regularly.  Don't judge.  

It's not all South Beach, Seaside, and Epcot.  Most of the state looks like the bathroom of a Waffle House, only more humid  

Love how in your example you list South Beach, Seaside, and Epcot as shining examples.  Those are not even close to the most beautiful places in Florida.  Epcot....lulz

Just now, Chooky said:

Each day we are becoming something slightly more repulsive than the last.

How shitty of a person do you have to be to not give detained children soap and toothbrushes?  I'd fucking walk out if I were the attorney asked to make that argument.  Those expenses are practically rounding errors, and they could probably even be procured entirely through donations if they wanted to do that. 

9 minutes ago, Loco said:

Love how in your example you list South Beach, Seaside, and Epcot as shining examples.  Those are not even close to the most beautiful places in Florida.  Epcot....lulz

I never indicated I thought those places were beautiful, it was a list of places that people tend to think of when they are asked to picture a place in Florida.  I lived in Florida for two years, it's an armpit.  Of course a state of that size is going to have a few beautiful places, but I was talking about picturing popular spots in people's minds.  Like if I asked a random Texan to picture three places in Illinois, they'd probably picture Wrigley Field, the Sears Tower, and maybe the Lincoln cabin.  Not necessarily the three most beautiful places, but they'd likely pop into people's heads.  Nevermind.  

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

How shitty of a person do you have to be to not give detained children soap and toothbrushes?  I'd fucking walk out if I were the attorney asked to make that argument.  Those expenses are practically rounding errors, and they could probably even be procured entirely through donations if they wanted to do that. 

Trump also canceled recreational and educational programs aimed at making life bearable for the imprisoned children earlier this month.  This is all part of a broader dehumanization effort. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Maybe all the evangelicals can take their summer mission trips to visit Trump’s Caged Kids and bring them toothbrushes and soap.

Americans can't visit the camps.  It's hurricance season and local governments here have been asking what the emergency plans are for all the children caged down in Homestead.  They can't get an answer or even a count so they can have them in the local plans.  Senators are turned away.

Edited by Loco

1 minute ago, Loco said:

Americans can't visit the camps.  It's hurricance season and local governments here have been asking what the emergency plans are for all the children caged down in Homestead.  They can't get an answer or even a count so they can have them in the local plans.  Senators are turned away.

What could go wrong?

1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Also, it appears, being able to laugh and mock the other side is powerful status and currency. Someday we will have enough distance and time to look objectively at this era and new psychological theories will emerge.

New theories? This type of behavior and political discourse has been occurring within democracies going back to Athens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bojack said:

Right. If you have a tax rate of 100%, tax revenues will drop to $0.  With the Trump tax cut and the Kansas Brownback tax cut, tax revenues decreased dramatically.  Where is the sweet spot in the Laffer Curve?  Do you agree with Laffer that Kansas didn't cut taxes enough?

Honoring Laffer for contributions to economics is like giving the author of Genesis a Nobel Prize in physics because he was right that the universe started somehow.

• Like 1

I can't remember, do you keep the windows of the cage open during a hurricane and closed during a tornado, or other way around?  

I'm starting to think this Donald Trump fellow might be something of an asshole.  

19 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Maybe all the evangelicals can take their summer mission trips to visit Trump’s Caged Kids and bring them toothbrushes and soap.

trump will introduce legislation bringing soap and toothbrushes to all the children!

he is both arsonist and fireman.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Honoring Laffer for contributions to economics is like giving the author of Genesis a Nobel Prize in physics because he was right that the universe started somehow.

Stop giving them ideas!

21 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Trump also canceled recreational and educational programs aimed at making life bearable for the imprisoned children earlier this month.  This is all part of a broader dehumanization effort. 

No doubt. The worst part of it is that it works. If you treat people like animals long enough, they will start to behave like animals, and then you can point the finger and say "look, I told you they were animals."

But I shouldn't be surprised. We come from a culture that celebrates prison rape as a just punishment. 

• Like 1

Mr. Hook should tread lightly.  They're gonna need a fall guy for all this Iran shit, and he does not look like he would do well in federal prison.  

5 hours ago, Loco said:

the government couldn't have drawn a worse panel than Fletcher and Berzon.  good night.  probably the two most liberal judges on the Ninth Circuit now that  Reinhardt is dead.

the Ninth Circuit streams its oral arguments on YouTube.  here's the video.

it starts getting good at the 24:00 minute mark.

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Like 4