Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I'd love to know how anyone can actually stop him from a practical standpoint. You can get injunctive relief in the courts, but how do you enforce it?

well, it's the executive's job to uphold...oh, shit.

well, it's congress's job to check the exec....oh, shit.

7 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Nobody is reading the Mueller report.   Hopefully people tune in when he testifies.   But I think deep down, most people won't pay close attention and will decide that if the Dems don't impeach, he must not have committed impeachment-worthy offenses. 

We hired the author of 'Black Hawk Down' and an illustrator from 'Archer' to adapt the Mueller report so you'll actually read it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's not like there won't be consequences to being an impeached president running for re-election. Yes, the 40% will scream Deep State Coup as they listen to Rush.

The 40% Ds are already aware of his malfeasance. The middle 20% will have to decide if they want to re-elect someone who did all the things outlined in the impeachment hearings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, retread said:

It's not like there won't be consequences to being an impeached president running for re-election. Yes, the 40% will scream Deep State Coup as they listen to Rush.

The 40% Ds are already aware of his malfeasance. The middle 20% will have to decide if they want to re-elect someone who did all the things outlined in the impeachment hearings.

What are the consequences of an impeached president winning re-election?

30 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

And when they do and Donald Trump is still president?

Then what?

JESUS CHRIST.  Can we stop re-litigating all the pros and cons of impeachment?  We all get it.  It's a crap shoot.  Either side has a valid argument.

• Like 1

Just now, 4th&Five said:

I know I say this all the time but beware of headlines that start with, “Trump expected to...” “Trump is considering...”. “Trump is thinking about...”. 

This is how Trump controls the media narratives with bullshit and stokes his base.  It gives reporters a scoop that often isn’t really a scoop.  It’s just nonsense Trump pushes out to pollute the information space. 

55 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If Trump is re-elected by another fraudulent and undemocratic election without being impeached beforehand, it might be time for a revolution, at least within whatever remains of the Democratic Party.  Their failure will be complete. 

What would that revolution look like?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alvin89 said:

What would that revolution look like?

I have no idea. 

Worst case scenario is nothing happens which is where I’d put my money.  We just accept fascism as the new norm. 

Best case scenario is somewhere between the 2010 Arab Spring and 2013 Euromaidan in Ukraine.

Don’t think we’d get anything like the 1789 French Revolution or the 1917 Russian revolution. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

29 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I have no idea. 

Worst case scenario is nothing happens which is where I’d put my money.  We just accept fascism as the new norm. 

Best case scenario is somewhere between the 2010 Arab Spring and 2013 Euromaidan in Ukraine.

Don’t think we’d get anything like the 1789 French Revolution or the 1917 Russian revolution. 

Hopefully it will be televised

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Aw man.  Perry was able to be the shining star in this admin for being just dumb instead of dumb and corrupt.  But eventually, our incompetence catches up with us all.

Tommy Callahan running the docks for the DOE? 

• Like 1