Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

OK.  When I hear Home Depot i think Arthur Blank, but this dude was a big deal too?

Every once in a while he resurfaces and says something shitty or otherwise embarrassing event and the workers there take it on the chin. He's a bitter old man that can't keep his mouth shut. 

hey, i've got a csb: 

Before I ever heard of Home Depot, we had a warehouse place called "Home Base".  It was a membership deal like costco.  In the early 80's, membership was 20 bucks or so, but in those days, it was unheard of to have a place where you could get windows, roofing, insulation, copper, etc under one roof.  Before that it was the lumberyard for wood, the plumbing supply house, the electrical supply house, etc.  So, if you worked in general construction, it was awesome.

Anyway, I was young, 18 or so.  Working MWFS, taking classes T-TH with the occasional night class mixed in.  College Freshman.  Working for a GC doing remodels, additions, and in those days, 2 or 3 custom homes a year.

So,, after a 6 am start, we roll into Home Base as we're moving from one jobsite to another.   We're hungry, and Home Base had a kickass hotdog stand in the parking lot.  I'm working for a guy,  for our purposes he's named "Jensen".   He and I are in line at the hotdog stand, and, from across the parking lot, one of Jensen's friendly rivals (another GC) hollers at the top of his voice: "Hey Jensen...Tell 'em you like your hotdog with a big gob of mayo right on the end".

TL/DR construction guys are classy.

51 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

OK.  When I hear Home Depot i think Arthur Blank, but this dude was a big deal too?

I'm VERY skilled in the building trades.  I may be shitty in bed, but I know how to build shit better than about anyone I know when it comes to all-around skills.  My buddy Rick is a better finish carpenter, but he can't pour a slab or sweat copper.  I can.  Frank is a better painter, but he can't change a light switch. 

I say this because I own an old house, and I almost never hire anybody to fix shit...I do it myself.  I hire a mexican guy to help me in the yard or other labor-intensive shit, but I do most things myself.   I go to Lowes moreso than Home Depot, because it's closer.  I'm at Lowes at least 2 times a week, HD 2 times a month.   

The mexicans go to HD y'all.   I rarely see a mexican at Lowes, and there's a lot of mexicans in my town (and glorious restaurants to go with them).

If the mexicans boycott HD, HD's gonna feel it. 

Last bit is spot on. My family for some weird reason always Lowe's is for white people. Don't know why and I go to both but home depot more because it's closer

58 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

hey, i've got a csb: 

Reveal hidden contents

Before I ever heard of Home Depot, we had a warehouse place called "Home Base".  It was a membership deal like costco.  In the early 80's, membership was 20 bucks or so, but in those days, it was unheard of to have a place where you could get windows, roofing, insulation, copper, etc under one roof.  Before that it was the lumberyard for wood, the plumbing supply house, the electrical supply house, etc.  So, if you worked in general construction, it was awesome.

Anyway, I was young, 18 or so.  Working MWFS, taking classes T-TH with the occasional night class mixed in.  College Freshman.  Working for a GC doing remodels, additions, and in those days, 2 or 3 custom homes a year.

So,, after a 6 am start, we roll into Home Base as we're moving from one jobsite to another.   We're hungry, and Home Base had a kickass hotdog stand in the parking lot.  I'm working for a guy,  for our purposes he's named "Jensen".   He and I are in line at the hotdog stand, and, from across the parking lot, one of Jensen's friendly rivals (another GC) hollers at the top of his voice: "Hey Jensen...Tell 'em you like your hotdog with a big gob of mayo right on the end".

TL/DR construction guys are classy.

Are you going to share the csb at some point?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Last bit is spot on. My family for some weird reason always Lowe's is for white people. Don't know why and I go to both but home depot more because it's closer

Lowe’s stores are designed for women, and Home Depot for men 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nope said:

Lowe’s stores are designed for women, and Home Depot for men 

I disagree.  I think HD caters to pros, and Lowes moreso to homeowners/do it yourselfers.  I have no stats, but I'd wager that the average HD sells twice as much lumber and drywall than lowes.  They probably sell about the same amount of snail killer and charcoal.  I bet HD sells more stock paint, Lowes more custom mix.  That's not a gender thing.  That's a pro vs. homeowner.  

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

I disagree.  I think HD caters to pros, and Lowes moreso to homeowners/do it yourselfers.  I have no stats, but I'd wager that the average HD sells twice as much lumber and drywall than lowes.  They probably sell about the same amount of snail killer and charcoal.  I bet HD sells more stock paint, Lowes more custom mix.  That's not a gender thing.  That's a pro vs. homeowner.  

Both can be true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

HD has better prices too if you're buying drywall or lumber in my experience from remodeling my parents house

Just now, Captainant said:

HD has better prices too if you're buying drywall or lumber in my experience from remodeling my parents house

I don't buy in enough volume these days to know.  Back when I bought a lot of material, I used 7/16 OSB as my barometer.  Both Lowes and HD have a fucking stack of the shit in the front of the lumber dept, with a big price tag.   You could see the price move up and down by the week.  

To rehash the men/woman argument,  I will say as a guy that flips a house here and there, Lowes SMOKES HD in cabinets and appliances. Also, I have a lowes business card which gets me 5% off on everything, and anything delivered for 25 bucks.  Not bad. 

Really not news, but trumps mental state is deteriorating significantly. His narcissistic mind simply cannot handle the reality of what’s actually happening and as a result, he’s becoming more and more incoherent. 

Hope the owners prevent a catastrophe. It is after all in their interest, so I have some confidence. 

Say whatever happened to al qaeda? 

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Really not news, but trumps mental state is deteriorating significantly. His narcissistic mind simply cannot handle the reality of what’s actually happening and as a result, he’s becoming more and more incoherent. 

Hope the owners prevent a catastrophe. It is after all in their interest, so I have some confidence. 

Say whatever happened to al qaeda? 

I’m waiting on him to really get going on the Epstein stuff.  He probably has a helluva lot to say on the matter.

9 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

AS others have pointed out, that's his tell. Any time he says "I heard..." or "someone said..." he's fucking lying. 100% of the time. Atomic scientists could set their clocks to that shit.

"It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side."  

You're right - I just wouldn't go with 100%.  I'm pretty sure his quote on his homeboy Epstein was spot on. 

16 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

UK ambassador to the United States resigned. Trump will be writing orgasmic style tweets all day. 

Even though he was spot on, there was no way he could keep going on. Someone pulled a world class torpedo job on him. I’ll guess Putin backed hackers 

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

There are still people that hear that guy and think he’s not a complete moron. Amazing. 

Well, he's smarter than most of them.  Not by much, though, let's call it a photo finish.

I think I just came up with the world's most efficient and accurate IQ test.

• Like 1