Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

35 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

we’re in the primary phase still. unfortunately none of this will really matter or come up til the general.  the message will be scrambled for a while. 

But the DNC and big donors should be running those ads now, regardless of the candidates.  Hammer it in.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RPM said:

TRUMP GOLF COUNT: 194*
Cost to Taxpayer: About $105,000,000*

* and counting

Yet Trump thought that collecting data on honeybees was too expensive, so he eliminated it as a cost saving measure.  You know, the same honeybees that are essential for the pollination of crops.  But hey, at least it will help defray the cost of a couple more rounds.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Yet Trump thought that collecting data on honeybees was too expensive, so he eliminated it as a cost saving measure.  You know, the same honeybees that are essential for the pollination of crops.  But hey, at least it will help defray the cost of a couple more rounds.

You mean the crops we’re paying farmers for because they can’t sell due to his tariffs?  Say it ain’t so!

On 7/10/2019 at 3:22 PM, elfenix said:

forcing experts out of government is the plan.

Business leaders are known to replace knowledgeable people under them with sycophants who won’t question them. 

Trump by chance didn’t promise to run the country like a business, did he?  He doesn’t have a history of doing that in his business ventures, does he?

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Business leaders are known to replace knowledgeable people under them with sycophants who won’t question them. 

Trump by chance didn’t promise to run the country like a business, did he?  He doesn’t have a history of doing that in his business ventures, does he?

Dead Duck, out of curiosity who are these "business leaders" you speak of? 

https://www.axios.com/trump-paul-ryan-almost-killed-republican-party-38385861-b565-45c8-95df-8013f16c5eab.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campC

President Trump stepped up his Twitter attacks on former House Speaker Paul Ryan Saturday, accusingconservatives like him of almost killing the Republican Party.

"House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy is a far superior leader than was Lame Duck Speaker Paul Ryan. Tougher, smarter and a far better fundraiser, Kevin is already closing in on 44 Million Dollars. Paul’s final year numbers were, according to Breitbart, 'abysmal.' 

— President Trump's tweet

"People like Paul Ryan almost killed the Republican Party. Weak, ineffective & stupid are not exactly the qualities that Republicans, or the CITIZENS of our Country, were looking for. Right now our spirit is at an all time high, far better than the Radical Left Dems. You’ll see next year!"

4 hours ago, retread said:

In 2019, it's amazing how much trouble the Ds have with messaging. They should be pounding things like this in the media -- all of the media.

Once the primaries work themselves out, hopefully the Ds will have a team as competent as Obama's, that can get that message out there.  Right now, the field is Too Damned Big.

Plus, I have a feeling that the major candidates are stockpiling these kinds of stats to run in their ads once the dust settles and it's down to a couple of candidates (or the primary winner).

Still, it would be nice to have an organization running this kind of stuff, but maybe this is the norm for the Ds - I've only seen the inside of Republican operations.

4 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

But the DNC and big donors should be running those ads now, regardless of the candidates.  Hammer it in.  

oh i agree. the most dangerous time for an incumbent is before he knows who his opponent is. they could be running issue ads for 7-8 months that would be tough to counter. 

yet they aren’t. 

17 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

obviously i’m not a golfer, but half a mil per round seems excessive. 

Not if you own the golf course and are paying yourself with our money to golf there. 

But those numbers were posted without citation so who knows if they're correct or not? I can't say I know how many times Trump's gone golfing on the taxpayers' dime nor how much it's cost us. Maybe those numbers are right. I don't know. I can't quote them. They're just something a stranger posted on the Internet, effectively meaningless. 

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Once the primaries work themselves out, hopefully the Ds will have a team as competent as Obama's, that can get that message out there.  Right now, the field is Too Damned Big.

Plus, I have a feeling that the major candidates are stockpiling these kinds of stats to run in their ads once the dust settles and it's down to a couple of candidates (or the primary winner).

Still, it would be nice to have an organization running this kind of stuff, but maybe this is the norm for the Ds - I've only seen the inside of Republican operations.

I'm not paying attention until more smoke clears.  Currently, are we still fighting over busing?  

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What the fuck

Pssst.  His supporters--which is apparently every registered GOP voter--absolutely LOVE his vitriolic, race-baiting rhetoric. "He talks just like us blah blah blah."

I'm convinced that if Mark Burnett ever released the tapes of Trump (reportedly) dropping the n-bomb off camera on The Apprentice his approval ratings would go up amongst Rs. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Pssst.  His supporters--which is apparently every registered GOP voter--absolutely LOVE his vitriolic, race-baiting rhetoric. "He talks just like us blah blah blah."

I'm convinced that if Mark Burnett ever released the tapes of Trump (reportedly) dropping the n-bomb off camera on The Apprentice his approval ratings would go up amongst Rs. 

Yep.  And coming from the man who suggested that Obama wasn't American, is this (targeting congresswomen of color, suggesting they "go back where they came from") really surprising?

Tucker and Trump are going to get Omar killed.  

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Yep.  And coming from the man who suggested that Obama wasn't American, is this (targeting congresswomen of color, suggesting they "go back where they came from") really surprising?

Fascism, that’s what this is. Because it’s coming from the White House.

The message from our super Christian President on a Sunday morning: if you're here from one of "those" countries and you disagree with any of this shit, no matter how you got here or what you've contributed, shut up and get the fuck out.  More than 90% of Republicans approve of this.  

Just the latest example of why the Ds have such a tough time gaining any traction with their message. I don't really watch the Sunday shows, but I'm sure any D that goes on there will be asked about these blatantly racist and divisive comments. Then tomorrow the media will recount stories about the ICE raids. Then on to the next distraction.

How long until they start locking up Americans?

46 minutes ago, Bojack said:

The message from our super Christian President on a Sunday morning: if you're here from one of "those" countries and you disagree with any of this shit, no matter how you got here or what you've contributed, shut up and get the fuck out.  More than 90% of Republicans approve of this.  

If by "more than 90%" you mean "100%," then yes.  but i'm told right here on this site that many people who continue to self identify as Republican and support Trump are nevertheless "good people."             

/GUFFAW

You know, an aide probably pointed out to Trump that these women were born in the US, and he probably dismissed it by saying something like "I know, but my worshippers just see a funny spelled name, and they are going to believe me when I say they were born elsewhere, and they will just call it fake news when it's pointed out they were actually born in the US".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

You know, an aide probably pointed out to Trump that these women were born in the US, and he probably dismissed it by saying something like "I know, but my worshippers just see a funny spelled name, and they are going to believe me when I say they were born elsewhere, and they will just call it fake news when it's pointed out they were actually born in the US".

He doesn’t allow his aides in the shitter.  They might see Donnie Jr.