Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Remember when Omar criticized Republicans for acting like they have dual loyalty and she got lambasted by Fox News for saying that phrase.
Meanwhile, Donald Trump says American Jews need to have dual loyalty for Israel. 
Yes because those are exactly the same...

1 day.

https://www.axios.com/trump-payroll-tax-cut-a835ae74-af74-4de5-816e-9dc68f27717e.html

President Trump abandoned his public support for a payroll tax cut Wednesday, just 1 day after telling reporters that he had been "thinking about" whether to pursue the move.

The big picture: Discussions over cutting the payroll tax, which currently sits at 6.2% and is used to fund Social Security and Medicare, are part of a broader White House effort to stem fears of a coming recession — though Trump insisted to reporters that "whether or not we do it now, it's not being done because of recession." Sources tell Axios' Jonathan Swan that Trump is "running out of tools" to juice the economy, with an economic slowdown looking increasingly likely ahead of the 2020 election.

• On Monday, Trump tweeted that the Federal Reserve should cut interest rates by "at least 100 basis points" — a drastic measure that the Fed normally uses to stimulate the economy in a recession.
  • The inversion of the yield curve, a warning sign that has preceded every recession for the past 70 years, caused a major sell-off in the stock market last week. The market has since recovered completely, but prolonged trade tensions between the U.S. and China have caused many investors to remain skittish.
  • The White House previously denied an Aug. 19 Washington Post report that cutting payroll taxes was under consideration, before Trump stated in an Oval Office pool spray that he was, in fact, "thinking about it."

8 minutes ago, yoladu said:

When I am asked or put in a position to speak on a particular issue, problem, and/or topic that i know I don''t have a grasp of,  I shit my pants.

i don't know how he does it every day, multiple times a day.

I've studied ___ for a very long time and we're taking a good look at it. Many people think ___ is a very good way to go, but we'll see what happens. The Ds and the Fake News smear ___  every day in the press and it a very bad thing. It's just horrible how something as American as ___ could be undermined by CNN and MSNBC.

When he blurts out obvious lies like “I have a bunch of friends from Denmark” I wish they’d ask him to name a few. Or just ask him why he’s orange or why his hair is so ridiculous. Why not? You’re not getting anything useful anyway. What’s he going to do? Call you the enemy of the state?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

When he blurts out obvious lies like “I have a bunch of friends from Denmark” I wish they’d ask him to name a few. Or just ask him why he’s orange or why his hair is so ridiculous. Why not? You’re not getting anything useful anyway. What’s he going to do? Call you the enemy of the state?

Cherry Danish?  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Because Omar wears a hijab and is brown and female.

Didn't Omar request leniency for a constituent of hers who was being convicted of direct ties to that fun loving ISIS/ISIL group?  That is stretching support for your constituency pretty far for most reasonable people wouldn't you say?  Poor judgement by her in my opinion.

What's True

In 2016, Omar wrote to a U.S. District Judge on behalf of a man convicted of terrorism offences, advocating "restorative justice," rehabilitation, and leniency over a "long-term prison sentence."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ilhan-omar-isis/

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, zork said:

Didn't Omar request leniency for a constituent of hers who was being convicted of direct ties to that fun loving ISIS/ISIL group?  That is stretching support for your constituency pretty far for most reasonable people wouldn't you say?  Poor judgement by her in my opinion.

Well that's one poor judgment vs. Trump's eleventybajillion.  Good work there zork.

5 minutes ago, zork said:

You know, Trump rode on Epstein's private jet.  

(That fact has as much to do with this topic as Omar's prior statements regarding her constituent).

Edited by DDD Dad

6 minutes ago, zork said:

FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:

• Like 7

The Constitution is just a piece of paper.  It has no more power than we give it, and the current administration and its court appointees don't respect it.

They don't have to officially change the constitution, they just have to ignore it.  Kind of like they're already ignoring the 4th and 8th amendments.

Those are a little more vague.  14A is pretty damn clear -- if you're born here, you're a citizen.  There is no mechanism save martial law to overrule such a simple and clearcut directive.

The constitution is words. Those words mean what the SCOTUS says they mean. That’s how it has worked since Marbury v. Madison. If the SCOTUS says that the 14th am doesn’t REALLY mean birthright citizenship, it just means people born here of American parents (like the EO will likely day), then that’s now what the 14th am means.
This is our concern, dude. The rule of law is only as strong as the will of the government and the people to apply it. Many totalitarian countries have had constitutions that are MUCH more robust than ours, on paper. But in PRACTICE, with a totalitarian govt, they’re worthless.
That’s where we’re going, and the godawful truth is that it’s not a destination that takes decades to reach. It can be done in a couple of years - even just months.
We’re a constitutional republic for as long as our institutions decide to be, and not one second longer. And for the first time since the civil war, that’s an open question.
  • Like 5

We are witnessing one of the greatest heists of all time.

Immigrations and Customs Enforcement renewed its contract with the software company Palantir, according to new government documents made public on Monday, and it could be worth some $49 million over the next three years.

But that number isn’t intentionally public.

The documents, posted online, were redacted to hide information about the size of the contract for case management software. However, through what appears to be a mistake in the redaction process, when copy-and-pasting text from the government document into a word processor, the financial figures are revealed. (A similar embarrassing screw up happened earlier year in a filing in the Paul Manafort case.)

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/08/ice-palantir-contract-amount-revealed/

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The constitution is words. Those words mean what the SCOTUS says they mean. That’s how it has worked since Marbury v. Madison. If the SCOTUS says that the 14th am doesn’t REALLY mean birthright citizenship, it just means people born here of American parents (like the EO will likely day), then that’s now what the 14th am means.

This is our concern, dude. The rule of law is only as strong as the will of the government and the people to apply it. Many totalitarian countries have had constitutions that are MUCH more robust than ours, on paper. But in PRACTICE, with a totalitarian govt, they’re worthless.
That’s where we’re going, and the godawful truth is that it’s not a destination that takes decades to reach. It can be done in a couple of years - even just months.
We’re a constitutional republic for as long as our institutions decide to be, and not one second longer. And for the first time since the civil war, that’s an open question.

I was responding to the suggestion that our administration would "ignore" 14A.  You're talking about an EO and subsequent court challenge, which is another thing entirely.

I was responding to the suggestion that our administration would "ignore" 14A.  You're talking about an EO and subsequent court challenge, which is another thing entirely.

Well, it starts with an EO that ignores it, then action by officers of the executive branch (ICE) following the EO that ignores the 14th am, and then the SCOTUS saying that’s all cool, because the 14th am actually means that cheeseburgers are delicious, and that’s all.
Or, maybe they rule the other way, and the admin just ignores the court and keeps doing its bullshittery. Which it has already done time and time again.
Either way, if you’ve got a funny sounding name, you best start sweating when ICE drives by.

34 minutes ago, zork said:

Uncle?

How are they not?
Members of congress loyalty should be to the usa and not another country. They have the power and influenxe to send money, troops, enact laws favoring said country.

Isnt that the basis of the lefts belief that trump is under putin influence?

Where as at the end of the day does it really matter where joe six packs loyalty is?

1 minute ago, Smax said:

Members of congress loyalty should be to the usa and not another country. They have the power and influenxe to send money, troops, enact laws favoring said country.

Where as at the end of the day does it really matter where joe six packs loyalty is?

So your contention is that there are no Jewish members of Congress?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Smax said:

Jesus, she was specifically referring to pressure on her to express loyalty to Israel.  Come on, man.

7 minutes ago, Smax said:

You can disagree with her argument that the best approach was to advocate for "restorative justice" to help promote the inclusion of recent Somali immigrants in mainstream America, but she was in no way showing loyalty to another country, Somalia. She was representing the interests of persons living in her state, which is one of the fundamental jobs of a "representative."

Omar did not write to Judge Davis that she believed leniency and rehabilitation were appropriate as a blanket response to each and every instance of ISIS recruitment, or indeed to each and every terrorism-related offence. She did emphasize the relative youth of the nine Minnesota men, whom she described as having made “a consequential mistake.” At the risk of stating the obvious, it is also worth emphasizing that her appeals for leniency and restorative justice were made on the basis that they would have the net effect of hampering and combating future radicalization, not on the basis that she supported or agreed with the crimes the men committed.

46 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Well that's one poor judgment vs. Trump's eleventybajillion.  Good work there zork.

But Trump?  I was speaking only to Rep Ihan's poor judgement.  

37 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I'm not even sure he read the letter she wrote.  The letter is actually well written and makes some good points. 

I've read the letter.  Poor judgement in my opinion.  Check the link above to the Snopes discussion of it.  (not exactly a right wing site) 

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

And yet Trump says that American Jews shouldn't vote for Democrats because it would be disloyal to...wait for it...Israel.

I'm sure Hannity or Tucker will explain how that's not really what Trump meant.

Edited by retread

1 minute ago, zork said:

But Trump?  I was speaking only to Rep Ihan's poor judgement.  

I've read the letter.  Poor judgement in my opinion.  Check the link above to the Snopes discussion of it.  (not exactly a right wing site) 

Trump thread mofo.

Just now, zork said:

Check the link above to the Snopes discussion of it.  (not exactly a right wing site) 

I did...that's where I found the link to the letter.  

Bad judgement or not, she was making a valid argument.  Instead of playing whack-a-mole with potential terrorists, why not try to solve the underlying issues?

The thing is people like Ben Shaprio and other Zionists believe that part of being Jewish is having loyalty to Israel (one of the reasons why he says Bernie isn't really a Jew), but they also ostensibly believe that the former belief is antisemitic.  The thing about Trump is that he understands the former belief but doesn't understand that it can't be openly expressed and instead has to be coated by several layers of bullshit due to the ostensible latter belief. 

He did something similar when he said women who seek abortions should be punished criminally, something that anti-abortion people of course belief but also ostensibly don't believe.  

Edited by Fozzz