Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

You know, if we bought Greenland, we'd either have to a) raise taxes to fund the purchase 2) borrow money from the Chinese and from future generations of taxpayers and pay interest on that loan. 

Imagine saying to your kids "I bought this worthless, ice-covered piece of property and I borrowed from your future earnings to do it. Sorry about the debt."

32 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Trump says he's been thinking about a pay roll tax "for a long time,"  a day after the White House denied that it was under consideration.  Mind you, "whether or not we do something now, it's not being done because of recession."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/20/trump-says-hes-considering-payroll-tax-cut-despite-white-house-denial.html

Just one lie after another.

If trump can explain the basics of a payroll tax I would be shocked.  And I don’t even mean discuss how they partial annual limits. Just the very basics.

37 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

U.S. won't provide flu vaccines to migrant families in border camps. People are going to die unnecessarily for lack of a vaccine that,  purchased in bulk, costs about five bucks.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/20/the-us-wont-vaccinate-migrant-children-against-the-flu-at-border-camps.html?__source=sharebar|twitter&par=sharebar

This is from the lawsuit that was filed in June:

As stated by a pediatrician who visited Ursula and examined the children at that facility:“The conditions within which [children] are held could be compared to torture facilities. That is, extreme cold temperatures, lights on 24 hours a day, no adequate access to medical care, basic sanitation, water, or adequate food.”Declaration of Dr. Dolly Lucio Sevier (“Sevier Decl.”)  5.As a result of Dr. Sevier’s visit, five infants were admitted to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at a local hospital. Dr. Sevier declares that “not supply[ing] this basic necessity [of hand-washing access after bathroom use] is tantamount to intentionally causing the spread of disease.” Sevier Decl. ¶ 6; see,also June 14, 2019 Declaration of Dr. Nancy Ewen Wang(“Wang Decl.”)¶ 5 (“Children are also at increased risk to infectious disease. The younger they are, the sicker they can get. In general, it is better to prevent illness by avoiding exposure to infectious agents. Exposure to other people with upper respiratory infections, and symptoms such as fever, cough, vomiting or diarrhea, and drinking from the same water as those who are sick, are practices guaranteed to spread infectious diseases.”).These conditions not only endanger the children’s health and welfare, they undermine their human dignity and violate their human rights. “[T]he United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights . . . maintains that everyone is entitled to ‘. . . food, clothing, housing and medical care[,]’ as well as to the avoidance of ‘cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.’”

This application is supported by 80 declarations from physicians, attorneys, detained children and their parents that show the starkly unsanitary and unsafe conditions at Border Patrol facilities.

I think this Administration has covered the three Ds: Deplorable, Despicable, and *Deatheater.

*From Harry Potter just in case you're not up on that kind of thing.

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

"The Fed and The Media is trying to cause this recession!!!" 

You fucking spineless crybaby. Grow some balls for once and do some actual work for once. 

I'd prefer him not do any work 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

So buy US Steel and wait for the next administration to drop the tariff? Trump probably already has.

It's like he told his broker, "Tell them 'Orange Horseshoe loves U.S. Steel'."  

Well not the director's cut.

It’s funny because it’s about a bad movie with a bad director, but you made it seem like there’d be a director’s cut version from a good director of a movie with an actress that’s now ambassador of Denmark, a country our President, a failed businessman and successful conman, is antagonizing because they won’t sell him Greenland.

What a time to be alive! So funny!

12 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

It’s funny because it’s about a bad movie with a bad director, but you made it seem like there’d be a director’s cut version from a good director of a movie with an actress that’s now ambassador of Denmark, a country our President, a failed businessman and successful conman, is antagonizing because they won’t sell him Greenland.

What a time to be alive! So funny!

Upset about this whole Greenland sale, eh?  Username checks out.

In all seriousness, Trump's attacks on American Jews is far worse and more consequential than anything Ilhan Omar ever said.   Particularly because he has so many followers who already have Jews in their crosshairs.  They haven't really known what to do with Trump's superficial support for Israel, other than maybe thinking it's a great idea to have a foreign country that American Jews should leave for.   But just think about how dangerous the new message he is sending is — "after all Trump has done for your Jew country, you ungrateful and disloyal Jews still try to stop him!" 

Has anyone bothered to tell him Greenland isn’t green? I feel like this might make a significant difference. If only he’d kept the trip to Denmark, as he flew over someone could’ve pointed down at the land of the ice and snow of the midnight sun where frigid winds blow and said, “You really want that shithole?”

Also: the media controls the economy? How do we get THEM for President?

Pass me another beer. The one I had for breakfast wasn’t bad. So I’ll have one more for desert.

26 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

In all seriousness, Trump's attacks on American Jews is far worse and more consequential than anything Ilhan Omar ever said.   Particularly because he has so many followers who already have Jews in their crosshairs.  They haven't really known what to do with Trump's superficial support for Israel, other than maybe thinking it's a great idea to have a foreign country that American Jews should leave for.   But just think about how dangerous the new message he is sending is — "after all Trump has done for your Jew country, you ungrateful and disloyal Jews still try to stop him!" 

Remember when Omar criticized Republicans for acting like they have dual loyalty and she got lambasted by Fox News for saying that phrase.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump says American Jews need to have dual loyalty for Israel. 

13 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I haz confused. 

Why stop there?  American cars should be made of solid gold.  Engines would run on emissions-free perpetual motion technology.  Each car would come equipped with a lollipop tree that never stopped blooming in all the vibrant colors of a flavorful rainbow of sticky-sweet deliciousness. And no car would ever again remind you that you are a fraud and a failure and an embarrassment to your father, Fred Trump.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I can't tell you how badly I want to see that proposal.

This.  Very much this.

Wait....maybe he thinks that car companies are "politically correct" because they declined to investigate his proposal to run all cars on what he thinks is an abundant resource -- the flesh of Guatemalans?  Or maybe because they turned down his idea to slash their labor costs by enslaving Mexicans?  So many possibilities....and the truth is probably just as nuts.

He probably stumbled upon some conspiracy theory that "they" have developed a new engine that runs on water and produces more horsepower than gasoline, but "they" are hiding it from the people because something something. 

Trump: "I need you to unveil the engine...it will be good for America"

Auto execs: [looking at each other confused] "Excuse me Mr. President, but what engine?"

Trump: "Don't think I don't know...I'm the president, I know about everything, You need to release the water engine. It will be huge for the economy. HUGE!"

Auto Exec: [Shifting nervously in his seat] "Uh...Mr President, I don't have any idea what you're talking about"

Trump: "Oh, you wanna play games with me? Okay, no problem. If you don't want to release that beautiful new engine, we will have to look into tariffs" 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

He probably stumbled upon some conspiracy theory that "they" have developed a new engine that runs on water and produces more horsepower than gasoline, but "they" are hiding it from the people because something something. 

Trump: "I need you to unveil the engine...it will be good for America"

Auto execs: [looking at each other confused] "Excuse me Mr. President, but what engine?"

Trump: "Don't think I don't know...I'm the president, I know about everything, You need to release the water engine. It will be huge for the economy. HUGE!"

Auto Exec: [Shifting nervously in his seat] "Uh...Mr President, I don't have any idea what you're talking about"

Trump: "Oh, you wanna play games with me? Okay, no problem. If you don't want to release that beautiful new engine, we will have to look into tariffs" 

it is such a sad situation where this exchange seems completely believable that this conversation took place in this exact manner.

• Like 2

In all honesty, he's probably talking about how most car companies appear to be fine with the Obama-era full efficiency standards that California and some other states are sticking with. I think there's some litigation going on between those states and the EPA.