Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

In all honesty, he's probably talking about how most car companies appear to be fine with the Obama-era full efficiency standards that California and some other states are sticking with. I think there's some litigation going on between those states and the EPA.

That is what he's talking about.  Basically the car companies came to EPA early in his administration and asked for some tweaking to the Obama rules, which they largely agreed with, but felt needed some loosening at the margins to be implemented in real life.  Instead, Pruitt/Wheeler proposed freezing them, something none of the makers want, and is counter to what CA will regulate. Thus they risk seeing the US market divided into two, creating regulatory uncertainty, which is basically an industrial death sentence.  Haberman wrote about it yesterday in the NYT.

What you see is how it processes through Trump's ganked up, swiss cheese mind.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 1

So my Facebook feed blew up with family/friends who are Jewish and really fucking pissed off.  Had to go see what the fuss was about, and of course Trump doubles-down on twitter this morning.

Un-fucking-real.

Oh, and getting pissed at Denmark.  And backing down on background checks.

This all good though, this is really waking up a lot of people, and getting them to think about voting against him, rather than being their normal apathetic selves.

2 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

That is what he's talking about.  Basically the car companies came to EPA early in his administration and asked for some tweaking to the Obama rules, which they largely agreed with, but felt needed some loosening at the margins to be implemented in real life.  Instead, Trump/Pruitt/Wheeler proposed freezing them, something none of the makers want, and is counter to what CA will regulate. Thus they risk seeing the US market divided into two, creating regulatory uncertainity.

What you see is how it processes through Trump's ganked up, swiss cheese mind.

Thanks for the added specifics. The tweet brought to mind a story I'd heard on All Things Considered or Marketplace a couple weeks ago.

(Although I'd much rather prefer the more entertaining reasons listed above.)

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So my Facebook feed blew up with family/friends who are Jewish and really fucking pissed off.  Had to go see what the fuss was about, and of course Trump doubles-down on twitter this morning.

Un-fucking-real.

Oh, and getting pissed at Denmark.  And backing down on background checks.

This all good though, this is really waking up a lot of people, and getting them to think about voting against him, rather than being their normal apathetic selves.

omg

Just now, bolverk said:

omg

"King of Israel".  "second coming of God"

Questioning their loyalty if they don't vote for him?

I saw some very naughty language being dropped between family members/friends that don't normally swear.

Democrats need to run ads of these tweets next year in certain markets.

People support this fuck then get the sads when they’re outed for it.  

Props to Kenny Stills and those calling out the hypocrisy.  Fins owner (Ross) needs to be shamed.  I’m ok with you raising money for Donald.  I’m not ok with you not facing the consequences of that bullshit.  

All legal, very cool - not calling for his head on a platter.  

• Like 3

Wayne Allyn Root spoke at the infamous Unite the Right rally, where attendees carried torches through the streets and chanted “Jews will not replace us!”  What a great barometer of what is and isn’t good for Jewish Americans.

Fucking A.  That dude is just a latter-day Paul, slandering Jews for allegedly betraying their Messiah.  It’s the same bullshit, 2000 years later.  If only the current “Messiah” were as fake as the first one.  

What a sad, scary time to live in America.

• Like 1

I don't think he spoke at the rally, he just had a stupid quote about the murder committed by the white supremacist.  Basically said it had to be actors since no conservative would ever commit and act of violence.  Or some stupid shit like that.  Although, he seems to be a really good guy, dare I say a stable genius?   He is someone POTUS should totally be quoting to his millions of twitter followers.

Edited by Thrawn

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

In all honesty, he's probably talking about how most car companies appear to be fine with the Obama-era full efficiency standards that California and some other states are sticking with. I think there's some litigation going on between those states and the EPA.

Yeah, it’s on the front page of the failing NY Times.  Big story about 4 automakers telling Trump to get bent. And Mercedes is about to join them. Trump is “enraged” that the car companies are gonna follow Obama ‘s and California’s rules and not his.

I loved this gem:

In the Trump administration, three senior political officials working on the rollback, a complex legal and scientific process, have all left the administration recently. A senior career official with years of experience on vehicle pollution policy was transferred to another office.

That means the process is now being run by Francis Brooke, a 29-year-old White House aide with limited experience in climate change policy before moving over from Vice President Mike Pence’s office last year. Given the lack of experienced senior staff members, people working on the plan say it is unlikely to be completed before October.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/20/climate/trump-auto-emissions-rollback-disarray.html

Edited by Jive Turkey

39 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The Best People part 938.

The only way I would support this is if every time Spicer "competes" the whole audience stands up, points at him, and laughs their ass off until his face turns beet red and he awkwardly smiles while he waddles off to the backstage area while the announcer enthusiastically commentates "how embarrassing". And then it turns into a gif and the whole internet laughs AT it (not with it) for all eternity. 

7 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Yeah, it’s on the front page of the failing NY Times.  Big story about 4 automakers telling Trump to get bent. And Mercedes is about to join them. Trump is “enraged” that the car companies are gonna follow Obama ‘s and California’s rules and not his.

I loved this gem:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/20/climate/trump-auto-emissions-rollback-disarray.html

22336AA1-CE9B-4DA3-B57C-00CAD55EFDEC-600

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, retread said:

Can't wait to hear JeffressGrahamFalwellJr explain all of these comments away...

Like he did here?

“God called King David a man after God’s own heart even though he was an adulterer and a murderer,” Falwell said in 2016 after endorsing Trump. “You have to choose the leader that would make the best king or president and not necessarily someone who would be a good pastor.”

• Like 1