Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

:yaoface::

Numerous lawmakers, including several Republicans, quickly pushed back on the idea and argued Trump lacked the authority to make such a change using an executive order. They cited that birthright citizenship is a right enshrined under the 14th Amendment.

• Like 1

For those unfamiliar with Wayne Allyn Root:

I am a Jew turned evangelical Christian.

https://townhall.com/columnists/wayneallynroot/2016/06/24/a-message-for-christians-about-donald-trump-n2182796

Also this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/wayne-allyn-root-opens-trump-rally-vegas-warning-trump-revolution-n675406

The conservative commentator, who openly shares wild conspiracy theories about President Barack Obama, also seemed to wish ill upon Hillary Clinton and Huma Abedin.

“We all get our wish," Root said, comparing their relationship to a movie. "The ending is like ‘Thelma and Louise.'"

The title characters drive off a cliff to their presumed death in the popular 1991 film. Las Vegas rally goers responded to the concept with loud cheers.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

2 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Pretty simple....if you are born here and not white.....no birthright citizenship for you !

i mean i know that's what miller is hissing sibilantly into his grotesque orange ear but i mean there's this whole foundation of our government called a constitution that was designed to ensure that tyrants can't oh fuck it

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i mean i know that's what miller is hissing sibilantly into his grotesque orange ear but i mean there's this whole foundation of our government called a constitution that was designed to ensure that tyrants can't oh fuck it

Sure, but the Republicans in the Senate and on the Supreme Court don't give a shit about following or protecting the Constitution.  

10 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Like how it works matters.  He declares it.   The dems in Congress complain.  The GOP makes a bullshit excuse.  The Roberts/Trump/Kavaugh scotus okays it.  Voila.

That actually can't happen.  They'd have to overturn 14A which is beyond the reach of SCOTUS.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That actually can't happen.  They'd have to overturn 14A which is beyond the reach of SCOTUS.

The Constitution is just a piece of paper.  It has no more power than we give it, and the current administration and its court appointees don't respect it.

• Like 5

Just now, lemonlime said:

The Constitution is just a piece of paper.  It has no more power than we give it, and the current administration and its court appointees don't respect it.

Well, that's a nice hysterical way to look at it, but in the real world, the House is controlled by Democrats, so the 2/3 vote required in both houses plus the 3/4 state ratification would be a non-starter.

Let's keep our eye on the ball here.  It's true that 40% of the country are morons, but they don't get to redefine our system of laws w/o what would amount to civil war.  It's just not going to happen.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, that's a nice hysterical way to look at it, but in the real world, the House is controlled by Democrats, so the 2/3 vote required in both houses plus the 3/4 state ratification would be a non-starter.

Let's keep our eye on the ball here.  It's true that 40% of the country are morons, but they don't get to redefine our system of laws w/o what would amount to civil war.  It's just not going to happen.

They don't have to officially change the constitution, they just have to ignore it.  Kind of like they're already ignoring the 4th and 8th amendments.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Pretty simple....if you are born here and not white.....no birthright citizenship for you !

So what happens to us who are Mexican and should be brown but I"m actually very pale with green eyes. Do I get to stay? Is there a pale skin waiver?

37 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You're talking about a guy too gutless to fire people in their presence, and who is easily offended.    He's a draft-dodger, and he sucks up to people tougher than him.

He totally leaves, and probably even leaves early so he doesn't have to face the media or the incoming President.

Meanwhile, Miller, Ivanka, and Kush will be stealing the "W" keys off of all of the computer and laptop keyboards.

He's not going to do any actual confrontation but his twitter fingers will be going wild about the election is fake and rile his fanbase to who knows what kind of craziness.    As far as the war angle goes, its not like he would have to fight.   He will order others to attack someone and when it goes sideways blame others for being incompetent

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's not hysterical at all. We already have a system that allows the government to deny due process to people it deems to be illegal immigrants. How denying birthright citizenship will work is simple. ICE agents will start arresting Hispanic citizens by claiming that they're not actually citizens and are here illegally. That's it. Hell, they already do this to citizens every day.

40 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You're talking about a guy too gutless to fire people in their presence, and who is easily offended.    He's a draft-dodger, and he sucks up to people tougher than him.

He totally leaves, and probably even leaves early so he doesn't have to face the media or the incoming President.

Meanwhile, Miller, Ivanka, and Kush will be stealing the "W" keys off of all of the computer and laptop keyboards.

This guy gets it. Weakest President we’ve ever had. 

10 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

They don't have to officially change the constitution, they just have to ignore it.  Kind of like they're already ignoring the 4th and 8th amendments.

Those are a little more vague.  14A is pretty damn clear -- if you're born here, you're a citizen.  There is no mechanism save martial law to overrule such a simple and clearcut directive.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sachick said:

So what happens to us who are Mexican and should be brown but I"m actually very pale with green eyes. Do I get to stay? Is there a pale skin waiver?

Ignoring urge to make sexist surly joke... It really is a good question and would likely grandfather in all current citizens, but it's absolutely absurd that we'd even need to ask these questions. 

41 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Thanks for expanding my vocabulary. Now, I know a synonym for the word fricative I learned in a linguistics class.

sibilant: speech sounds produced by forcing air through a constricted passage (as `f', `s', `z', or `th' in both `thin' and `then')

I see the disconnect here.  Trump spoke of ENDING birthright citizenship, and I contend I am correct that he cannot legally so.

Y'all are talking about him IGNORING birthright citizenship -- that's a completely different thing, but it's not what he said he was considering.  He thinks he can eliminate birthright citizenship with a sweep of his hand.  No, he can't.  Can ICE drag US citizens out of the country, kicking and screaming?  Sure.  That's a different argument.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

TBH, I think birthright citizenship is stupid.  I understand why the 14th was created, but it has far outlived it's usefulness. 

IMO, a person's default citizenship should be based on that of their mother.

That said, I know it will never be changed, and it really doesn't get me all worked up.

Maybe I've missed it (I've actually had to work the past two weeks, and peek in occasionally) but I'm noticing a distinct lack of Trump-sucking posters attempting to defend his orange ass lately.

Oh, maybe they are are all hiding at Texags with "like minded" people, but I suspect they simply just cannot defend the cocksucker here any longer with any semblance of intelligent thought.

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

also the denmark pm should've just said "no thank you" but once she called it "absurd" then trump determined she was very nasty and that's why the trip was cancelled.

the u.s. will not be disrespected by such nasty rhetoric.

The leading headline on BBC News this morning was, "US President Donald Trump has cancelled a state visit to Denmark after the nation's prime minister said Greenland was not for sale to the US." I just sat there in silent amazement that I'm living in a world where that is a factual statement. 

Maybe I've missed it (I've actually had to work the past two weeks, and peek in occasionally) but I'm noticing a distinct lack of Trump-sucking posters attempting to defend his orange ass lately.
Oh, maybe they are are all hiding at Texags with "like minded" people, but I suspect they simply just cannot defend the cocksucker here any longer with any semblance of intelligent thought.

They’re planning for post-Trump life where they’ll claim they never supported him and everything the new POTUS does is the worst ever. Can’t have any recent posts in here to show their blatant hypocrisy with.
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The leading headline on BBC News this morning was, "US President Donald Trump has cancelled a state visit to Denmark after the nation's prime minister said Greenland was not for sale to the US." I just sat there in silent amazement that I'm living in a world where that is a factual statement. 

It's really quite extraordinary.  I live in a near-perpetual state of numbness punctuated by brief interludes of "what the fuck?".

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Well now, to be completely fair, I'm sure it wouldn't have been big deal if Obama had looked up at the sky and said "I am the chosen one!". 

Remember how bent out of shape @TahoeHorn and others got when Oprah Winfrey said Obama was "The One"? Said it was like a savior thing. He also didn't like the way Obama lifted his chin, IIRC.

Ah, good times.