2019 Sugar Bowl - Texas vs. Georgia

satyanash

23 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

What was attendance like? There's a thread on Texags talking about empty seats at the bowl games and they included the Sugar Bowl. Looked and sounded full on television, but a lot of the Superdome is dark, so you can't really tell.

I didn’t take an actual count, but I feel confident in saying that there were only about 250 people in the Superdome last night. And I’m counting security and concessions.

29 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

What was attendance like? There's a thread on Texags talking about empty seats at the bowl games and they included the Sugar Bowl. Looked and sounded full on television, but a lot of the Superdome is dark, so you can't really tell.

Anyone in attendance, any guess as to the split of fans Texas vs UGA?  Maybe they chose to show more UGA sections on TV but it looked UGA heavy on TV 

I thought the crowd was fairly evenly split, but I had been drinking for 72 hours by the time kickoff rolled around.

When it started to thin out toward the end of the game, it looked like a good number of burnt orange clusters in the GA sections, too.

But maybe I was whiskey-blind by then.  IDK.

• Haha 1

If you wish to enjoy listening to the Georgia Bulldog radio broadcasters as the Texas Longhorn offense drove 75 yards in 10 plays on the opening possession,  fast forward to 4:45:00, as the link won't permit me to do it for you.  Scott Howard is handling play-by-play. Eric Zeier is the analyst and Chuck Dowdle is the sideline reporter.

It's pretty glorious.

Scott Howard is doing the play-by-play, is shocked at how rapidly Texas is driving it down the field in up tempo pace.  Along the way, he has some classic lines like when he describes Ingram as a "reserve RB freshman from Carthage, Texas" at 4:49:00

Eric Zeier is most sober about what Texas is doing to their defense on the drive.  

After we score, they are on their heels, but aware that it is happening to them and it is a bad thing at 4:52:00

Zeier:  "Boy that was a clinic there by the Texas offense. Just moving down the field doing whatever they wanted to do throwing the football they were able to get the dogs pretty good there defensively against the run in that series but Ehlinger and these big receivers are having their way with Georgia."

https://georgiadogs.com/watch/?Archive=16320&type=Archive

Enjoy!

Edited by LongestHorn
Because OU sucks
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Take your Christmas tree down, you fat stupid fuck. 

That house is dirty and cluttered as hell.  Where's the SEC pride when it comes to housekeeping and tidiness?  For Pete's sake, do the GD dishes, at least.

5 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

Bama being all world has fucked sec fans up. They’re fucking retarded thinking just because they’re in the same conference as Bama means they are anywhere near the team Bama is. Fucking clowns.

Yep. But I spose Georgia has the second best claim to Alabama-style "resources," but even with them they're (anyone in the SEC) still beatable on any given Saturday. 

35 minutes ago, LongestHorn said:

Zeier:  "Boy that was a clinic there by the Texas offense. Just moving down the field doing whatever they wanted to do throwing the football they were able to get the dogs pretty good there defensively against the run in that series but Ehlinger and these big receivers are having their way with Georgia."

Enjoy!

Great find.  Makes me realize how fortunate we are to have Craig Way.  Those guys sound exactly as you'd expect the georgia sport network to sound.  Continuously referring to the bulldogs as "we" and "us."

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, LongestHorn said:

If you wish to enjoy listening to the Georgia Bulldog radio broadcasters as the Texas Longhorn offense drove 75 yards in 10 plays on the opening possession,  fast forward to 4:45:00, as the link won't permit me to do it for you.  Scott Howard is handling play-by-play. Eric Zeier is the analyst and Chuck Dowdle is the sideline reporter.

It's pretty glorious.

Scott Howard is doing the play-by-play, is shocked at how rapidly Texas is driving it down the field in up tempo pace.  Along the way, he has some classic lines like when he describes Ingram as a "reserve RB freshman from Carthage, Texas" at 4:49:00

Eric Zeier is most sober about what Texas is doing to their defense on the drive.  

After we score, they are on their heels, but aware that it is happening to them and it is a bad thing at 4:52:00

Enjoy!

All I get is music when I click that. 

40 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

Bama being all world has fucked sec fans up. They’re fucking retarded thinking just because they’re in the same conference as Bama means they are anywhere near the team Bama is. Fucking clowns.

A lot of the talk I heard this week, both before and after the game, reminds me of aggy. They beat Alabama once and they think they are on their level. So, they expec to be treated similar to Alabama.

1 hour ago, Tommy Nobis said:

This. I’ve had to argue with my dad (a big 12 fan) about this. ESPN has convinced him that the sec is amazing. It’s forgivable bc he’s old and retired. But still.

#soylentgreen

1 hour ago, LongestHorn said:

It's pretty glorious.

Enjoy!

Go to 5:27:00.  You can hear the air empty out of the announcers as ehlinger does the Houdini act to score 6

A lot of the talk I heard this week, both before and after the game, reminds me of aggy. They beat Alabama once and they think they are on their level. So, they expec to be treated similar to Alabama.
Texas treated jawja like they treat Alabama, they whipped their ass.

23 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Go to 5:27:00.  You can hear the air empty out of the announcers as ehlinger does the Houdini act to score 6

They go to sideline reporter Chuck Dowdle at the timeout with Texas in 3rd down at the Georgia 9 yard line, who is saying "Kirby Smart has brought the defense over on the sideline and had them all kneel down, and he knelt down, and was talking to them without any chalkboard.  It was straight inspiration."

Back to Scott Howard.  "Big third down at the Georgia 9.  Ehlinger takes the snap rolls left, gets squeezed...HE GOT OUT OF IT!  HE GOT OUT OF IT SOMEHOW!"

310px-Hindenburg_disaster.jpg

Eric Zeier.  "Boy we had him, too!  We had him hemmed up!"

That was fun.

Edited by LongestHorn
Because uga is our bitch
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FizzleFish said:

Who, Georgia? They haven't beaten Bama in quite a while.

That's one of those dudes that thinks because he has a deep voice, a head the size of a toilet bowl, and a good ole boy accent that he actually understands something about the game of football.

It's funny watching him shove that foot deeper and deeper down his own throat while taking himself ever so seriously.

Get over yourself and take the loss pussy.

1 hour ago, OU Sucks said:

"There's no competition between GA and Texas."  Big Dawg also doesn't understand how some bowl games are set up.

He didn't have to make videos of his shame spiral into defeat, but I'm happy he did.  His halftime show he said no fewer than 4 times, "I don't know what the hell is going on.  This is ridiculous."   But then he went on to say his Dawgs could make the adjustments.  But by far his best was saved for last - his end of game commentary.  It's glorious.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnH67gPdx-Ttp2IUYYRrsBg  

1 hour ago, Rockwell Torrey said:

I guess if your house was the SEC you would have Vanderbilt up above the fireplace to show how smart you are, Bama would be on display to show you are a winner, LSU would be in there to show that you are just a "good ol' country boy" at heart, and aggy would be the sock stuffed under the couch that your drunk teenager jerked off in after he came home last night.  

I love poetry.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LongestHorn said:

He didn't have to make videos of his shame spiral into defeat, but I'm happy he did.  His halftime show he said no fewer than 4 times, "I don't know what the hell is going on.  This is ridiculous."   But then he went on to say his Dawgs could make the adjustments.  But by far his best was saved for last - his end of game commentary.  It's glorious.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnH67gPdx-Ttp2IUYYRrsBg  

This dude is a straight up moron.  References that "Baylor is in California" and that the Sugar Bowl was going to be played in Atlanta.  

So I was scrolling through all the tweets about the sugar bowl game as one does after a game like that and I came across one wherein Vince proclaims "We'll be Baaaaaack!!" After winning the Rose Bowl against Michigan following the 2004 season the. It cuts to Sam saying "We're Baaaaaaaack!!"

Now, from the outset, Vince was clearly referring g to returning to the Rose Bowl the following year to play for all the marbles. I'm pretty confident Sam was only referring to the overplayed question about whether or not Texas is back or not throughout the media and on social media. However, Vince's statement also now takes on a double prophecy that Sam appears to be answering.

Thoughts?