2019 Sugar Bowl - Texas vs. Georgia

satyanash

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Bulldogs-forced-to-face-music-over-playoff-tweets--127199394/

"I don't know," junior tight end Isaac Nauta said when asked about them. "Probably should have kept our mouth shut on that one but, like I said, I still believe we're the better team and they played better than us tonight. Hats off to them. They did a good job. They scheme well to stop us."

I guess as long as they still believe they are better than everyone going foward they will be fine huh?

laughing-alligator.jpg

• Like 1

The Georgia accent is second only to the Virginia aristocrat accent as the most grating sound in the world.
i hate people from Georgia.

I worked briefly in Macon many years ago, and went to meet with our company’s lawyer. One of the very first things I heard out of his mouth, verbatim: “I been knowing him since he was knee-high to a bullfrog.” A lawyer.

Georgia.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Native Horn said:

This dude is a straight up moron.  References that "Baylor is in California" and that the Sugar Bowl was going to be played in Atlanta.  

He comes across as a typical southern boy that only watches sec games, believes what is said about the sec on blind faith, and is completely ignorant of football outside the sec. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

I still believe were the better team LOL they got fucking destroyed the game was not close they got their asses beat in every aspect of the game and completely dominated on both lines of scrimmage you are not the better team 

TTLP

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

Nauta:  1 catch for 3 yards

Maybe keep your mouth shut and take the loss pussy.

He visited Texas with a group of other highly rated recruits back during Strong's tenure. Funny that he gets his ass kicked by Texas a few years later and is bitter about it. 

According to Texas linebackers Anthony Wheeler and Gary Johnson, Georgia went from talking trash to sounding like an episode of Dr. Phil.

“By the second quarter, they went from talking to trash to saying, ‘We didn’t think y’all would come out this hard,’” said Wheeler, who had a drive-killing sack.

Added Johnson, who had a critical sack in the fourth quarter that helped kill a Georgia drive and some UGA momentum:

“Those guys looked at us and told us, ‘We didn’t think y’all were going to be this physical.’

“They went up against Alabama and LSU, and they call the SEC the best conference. So those guys probably came in thinking we were going to be a pushover, and that’s when we hit ‘em in the mouth.

“We just out-physicaled them. We hurt ‘em. They didn’t want to play with us anymore, and that’s when we put an emphasis to just keep putting our foot on their throats.”

now i understand what the fat fucking retard meant. we came in and just beat the ever-living fuck out of those smug cunts. 

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

now i understand what the fat fucking retard meant. we came in and just beat the ever-living fuck out of those smug cunts. 

Love those quotes. Re-establishing the standard for Texas football. 

On 1/2/2019 at 1:35 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

Don't have the depth of Bama, Clemson, Georgia. - Signed, walking pneumonia sufferer Todd Blackledge.

We don't have the PROVEN depth of those teams yet.  But Texas signed a hell of a 2018 class and is looking at another top 10 class for 2019.  No idea how many high quality FB players will be on campus for the spring.  But considering the 2017 class supplied Sam Ehlinger, Cade Brewer, Derek Kerstetter and Gary Johnson as starters out of the box with Cosmi and Ta'Quon Graham coming on strong in year 2 I'm going to trust the staff's evaluation.  Pretty damn good hit rate out of 17 signees in the #25 ranked class.

No, and I've always been one of the people on this board to caution people from getting too invested in what coaches say at press conferences.

Me either, I find him interesting, listen to a Jason Garrett presser and you will want to blow your brains out. Mack was irritating with his stat report and opposition dick sucking while Charlie sounded like a clueless buffoon.

Very few coach press conferences make for good listening.

14 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

"There's no competition between GA and Texas."  Big Dawg also doesn't understand how some bowl games are set up.

Is he driving a mini van?  That's one of his problems.  LOL.    

Uh... Only very young soccer moms with toddlers or younger  who haven't graduated to a large SUV are allowed to drive mini vans.  Or a senior citizen.

CSB, just rewatched the game and realized one of Georgia's safeties lives next door to me.

It's actually his parents, but he lived here while in high school.

Cool story, last I had talked to his dad about him, he was heading to Tulsa bc the school he originally committed to was no longer interested due to a coaching change and a bad injury he sustained his senior year.  Sounded like a really crappy deal for the kid.

I hadn't followed him much and had no idea he was with Georgia now until they started calling his name against us.  He played really well, actually, and the commentators made it sound as though he'll have NFL options. 

It was a cool follow up to hearing about how he was getting jerked around coming out of high school a few years ago.  Happy for the kid...although I'm not sad he lost... 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

CSB, just rewatched the game and realized one of Georgia's safeties lives next door to me.

It's actually his parents, but he lived here while in high school.

Cool story, last I had talked to his dad about him, he was heading to Tulsa bc the school he originally committed to was no longer interested due to a coaching change and a bad injury he sustained his senior year.  Sounded like a really crappy deal for the kid.

I hadn't followed him much and had no idea he was with Georgia now until they started calling his name against us.  He played really well, actually, and the commentators made it sound as though he'll have NFL options. 

It was a cool follow up to hearing about how he was getting jerked around coming out of high school a few years ago.  Happy for the kid...although I'm not sad he lost... 

Wasn't that Jake Reed's kid?

28 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Is he driving a mini van?  That's one of his problems.  LOL.    

Uh... Only very young soccer moms with toddlers or younger  who haven't graduated to a large SUV are allowed to drive mini vans.  Or a senior citizen.

That guy is a fucking moron. Why do so many people feel the need to do shit like this. I actually made it to 3:30 where he opines on the Baylor-Vandy game. He thinks there will be nobody at that game because Baylor is from California, Vandy is in the SEC and the game is in Texas!

EDIT: Oops, he thinks the Texas-Georgia game was going to be played in Atlanta.

Edited by C-Man

14 hours ago, satyanash said:

Who, Georgia? They haven't beaten Bama in quite a while.

Did you not hear Big Dawg Brett?

"'Bama didn' wanna play Goorga agin"

And since the conference is too big the two teams have not played very often. They played in 2018 and 2012 in the playoff or SEC title game. In 2015 Alabama clobbered them. 

In 2008 Alabama beat them. UGa won three straight, 2002, 2003 & 2007. Those Alabama teams finished 10-3, 4-9 & 7-6.

Edited by PittsburghTiger