2019 Sugar Bowl - Texas vs. Georgia

satyanash

The Georgia tears explanation of 'not motivated'  is bullshit.  You  flat out hammered them.    Fuck Georgia. 

Still, there is some measure of truth in the fact that a team comes out flat due to reasons known or unknown.   You played OU twice with two different results.    So who knows why that happens.  We lose to FSU in 96 and them boat-race them in the rematch in the Sugar for our first MNC.  Same teams.  

I believe our loss to Georgia had a say in how we played Missouri  the next week.   The Mutt loss seemed to sap our mojo.    But you know what? - if we did not get up for Missouri like we needed to it was our fault, not anyone else's.  Each game is on you.  If you shit the bed and the other team beats you, you got beat.   No excuses.

Now, I think if we played again next week the Missouri game score would not look the same.   That said, you beat Georgia on both side of the trenches, and had the superior team.  You flat whipped them.    If you played again you'd whip them again.  

16 minutes ago, utee94 said:

The smug in that thread-- all prior to kickoff of course-- is fascinating. 

I'm telling you... the GA fans in New Orleans were aggressive before the game.  Taunting us.  Mocking our record.  Laughing at our past few years.  Of course, when reminded that we have more hardware, that shut some of them up, but some just kept at it.  They were so full of themselves.

They needed to be put in their place.  Glad that the Horns did it and did it with emphasis.

Edited by 4Pete
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

Indeed. Even aggy as stupid as they are don't bring their fleabitten mutt within 50 yards of Bevo.

There is a reason for this...

21ff14d4a85e4303e89a6eedc5ea7238.jpg

His name is Bevo.

How fast do you think these bastards would scatter if they saw Bevo coming at them full speed? The dog would be like..."Uh, thanks a lot, fellas."

54 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

The Georgia tears explanation of 'not motivated'  is bullshit.  You  flat out hammered them.    Fuck Georgia. 

Still, there is some measure of truth in the fact that a team comes out flat due to reasons known or unknown.   You played OU twice with two different results.    So who knows why that happens.  We lose to FSU in 96 and them boat-race them in the rematch in the Sugar for our first MNC.  Same teams.  

I believe our loss to Georgia had a say in how we played Missouri  the next week.   The Mutt loss seemed to sap our mojo.    But you know what? - if we did not get up for Missouri like we needed to it was our fault, not anyone else's.  Each game is on you.  If you shit the bed and the other team beats you, you got beat.   No excuses.

Now, I think if we played again next week the Missouri game score would not look the same.   That said, you beat Georgia on both side of the trenches, and had the superior team.  You flat whipped them.    If you played again you'd whip them again.  

Georgia has won zero meaningful games the last two years to justify any of that arrogance. 

Avoiding Bama to beat AU for a conference title. Big deal, so did UCF. Then losing to Bama two straight but not getting blow out. Tunning over the pathetic east two years straight is not impressive, ask ok st. Sadly they didn’t get an empty west schedule this season like last and lost to an average LSU team with a worse offense than their own. 

This was their best argument, yet they felt slighted by not being PLACED in the final 4 tournament.  Fucking Aggys

Thats it. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 2

On 1/4/2019 at 12:48 PM, Teamdirtyleg said:

I'm listening to an argument in the next room here at work.  I work with a guy from Atlanta who played college ball for Bama.    "Georgia didn't want to be there"  "In their minds, they belonged in the playoff".  "you know that wasn't the same team that played alabama or even Oklahoma last year".

Blah blah blah blah blah. 

This SEC myth will take a while to uproot.... to their own peril.

And who's gonna do the uprooting? Maybe us with a little help from OU. Who knows, maybe next year, we'll take down Alabama in the Championship game just like we took down Georgia on Tuesday. That would be sweet. It was us who kept a dominant USC team from a 3-Peat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

Correct.

Teams that aren't motivated don't overpursue on running plays, nor do they pass rush aggressively.  Georgia did both on the opening drive and Herman made them pay for it.  He knew it was coming and took advantage of their EXTREMELY high motivation and aggression.  To mix a metaphor, Herman went all matador on them, let them charge past and stuck a sword in their ass.  Orlando did the same thing with disguise and movement

Georgia came out VERY fired up and paid the price.  After the 1st Q they weren't so fired up anymore after being confused, abused and humiliated repeatedly.

Edited by sushihorn
  • Like 1

Georgia has won zero meaningful games the last two years to justify any of that arrogance. 
Avoiding Bama to beat AU for a conference title. Big deal, so did UCF. Then losing to Bama two straight but not getting blow out. Tunning over the pathetic east two years straight is not impressive, ask ok st. Sadly they didn’t get an empty west schedule this season like last and lost to an average LSU team with a worse offense than their own. 
This was their best argument, yet they felt slighted by not being PLACED in the final 4 tournament.  Fucking Aggys
Thats it. 
Ahem, aggy is NEVER capitalized.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MrPhlegm said:
45 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:
Thats it. 

Ahem, aggy is NEVER capitalized.

Also the plural form is the same as singular.  Moose out front should have told you.

• Like 2

And who's gonna do the uprooting? Maybe us with a little help from OU. Who knows, maybe next year, we'll take down Alabama in the Championship game just like we took down Georgia on Tuesday. That would be sweet. It was us who kept a dominant USC team from a 3-Peat.
OU? Those chokers? Nope OU will be no help. It will have to be Texas reasserting its natural and rightful dominance of Alabama. Next time we play those fucking frauds we will mudhole their sorry cracker asses.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
40 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

OU? Those chokers? Nope OU will be no help. It will have to be Texas reasserting its natural and rightful dominance of Alabama. Next time we play those fucking frauds we will mudhole their sorry cracker asses.

Assuming somehow we climb to the top and take out 'Bama, I could easily see OU taking down the No. 2 SEC team next year. That would be a pretty good beatdown for SECSEC

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

It cracks me up that people say he wasn’t going for the dog 

Anyone who has ever seen a dog or coyote roll up on a herd of cows in a pasture has seen this play out before and knew the ending before it began. Just dumb for bevo's handlers to agree to that photo shoot. Very fortunate no one was seriously hurt. 

5 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

When do the TV ratings/viewership for the bowls come out?  I'm thinking the Sugar Bowl was the highest rated bowl (other than the semi's).

Rose Bowl got a 9.0 (Urban's retirement game), Sugar Bowl was after at 7.8 The Sugar Bowl was a 28% increase from last year.

Edited by satyanash
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I fondly remember watching so many games in the stadium on alumni band week watching that old guy launch those batons easily 80+ feet into the air, and usually catching them clean on the way down.

I also remember the smoke show female baton girl who basically spent something like 8 years in the band getting a doctorate degree.   

I thought I read on either shaggy or even as far back as hornfans that she married a Longhorn cattle rancher.

Pretty sure I saw Coral in New Orleans. 

"I was there. I was shocked to see D’Andre (Swift), Mecole, and some other guys out. At least they didn’t look like they were necessarily in a great mood. But if I take an L like that, you better believe no one is seeing me out like that after the game"
LOL

Where did this quote come from?

10 hours ago, wood said:

This shit right here.

And let's not forget how we were being told before the game that Georgia was all pumped up to make a statement in this game after being denied a playoff shot. They were plenty motivated coming in, and they made their statement alright.

No excuses for Georgia hold water.  Even if you overlook that opponent, you want to win, you expect to win.  When that weak opponent comes out and punches you on the first drive, you flip the switch and beat them down for even daring to try.   They wanted to win, no excuses.  Texas was just better.  Sorry. 

5 hours ago, zzz said:

Anyone who has ever seen a dog or coyote roll up on a herd of cows in a pasture has seen this play out before and knew the ending before it began. Just dumb for bevo's handlers to agree to that photo shoot. Very fortunate no one was seriously hurt. 

If you'd ever seen a well-trained heeler roll up on some cattle, you'd think differently.

Edited by Deej
  • Like 6

Just now, Lhorn said:

No excuses for Georgia hold water.  Even if you overlook that opponent, you want to win, you expect to win.  When that weak opponent comes out and punches you on the first drive, you flip the switch and beat them down for even daring to try.   They wanted to win, no excuses.  Texas was just better.  Sorry. 

Yep.

2 hours ago, Deej said:

If you'd ever seen a well-trained heeler roll up on some cattle, you'd think differently.

Oh I have, and heelers are fantastic, but cattle absolutely charge them until they are used to working with them. Bevo is not out roaming in a herd worked by dogs. It was a dumbass move. Nevertheless it turned into greatness that will forever live in Longhorn lore. 

Bevo's handlers? You mean the morons from jawga with their fleabitten mutt that brought that mangy cur within Bevo's striking range.

3 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

Bevo's handlers? You mean the morons from jawga with their fleabitten mutt that brought that mangy cur within Bevo's striking range.

Well yeah. I don’t expect the butt sniffer handlers to be smart enough to know any better. 

I called them this way before the game but they’ve perfectly earned their new moniker: peanut aggy.

Also acceptable: peach aggy. But come on, peanut aggy is perfect for those little loud mouth bitches.
Peach? Peanut?

Oh fuck no. Texas peanuts, pecans, peaches, onions, and BBQ are light years better than the shit from that cracker ass shithole state.

shitlanta aggy.