2019 Sugar Bowl - Texas vs. Georgia

satyanash

33 minutes ago, QfromOH_1013 said:

Omenihu was a stud tonight, but i definitely noticed Ojomo and Osai push a few guys around too. I thought i saw Coburn make a few plays as well.I  dont think we will have a huge drop off next year if we can get some linebacker play. 

You did re: Coburn. Lost his helmet, too. Ossai was a monster from the first snap. 

1 minute ago, Longboard Horn said:

A few more Sugar Bowl trophy pics from Instagram.

PJ Locke
b0745e45043781f4283dee4918ef0e4c.jpg

Collin Johnson and Lil’Jordan Humphrey
76e66878afd52282aaf8602fca3a0c65.jpg

Charles Omenihu
8f35abeb54a40bc16c20310bda6065fa.jpg

And my personal favorite, Malcolm Roach. Yes he’s smoking a cigar in the locker room
0004f2a225b2ea9210556879425af14c.jpg

The hat ain't bad. Can I wear it at church? - Asking for people raised by Aggys 

6 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

if we learned anything from the Fiester, Rose and OU Bama game it is do not let a team intimidate you and build a double digit lead early if you can prevent that then you have a chance

Texas better not come out and get intimidated this is a big test for Tom

Thanks for reading Surly and listening Tom!

and thanks for not reading Surly Kirby!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

They went from losing with CS to winning the. Sugar Bowl. It doesn't get better than that. These kids worked their asses off for this moment. 🤘

it was nice to see a Texas team that understands you bust your ass to win because Texas is on the uniform and not that the uniform gives you 14 to 17 points to start the game

UGA's problem last night was not their motivation.  It was their QB.  He stunk.  He missed several wide open guys for probable TD's, was not very good getting away from the rush, and didn't seem to recognize where it was coming from.  He was outplayed pretty badly.  They will need to upgrade that position if they want to win it all. 

8 hours ago, TexasMan said:

My gf just tried to give me the “come hither” thing but I told her not tonight because I want to be on here and Twitter looking at and basking in the reaction.

This win is LITERALLY better than sex.

If your girlfriend is your avatar you are wrong.

8 hours ago, QfromOH_1013 said:

Omenihu was a stud tonight, but i definitely noticed Ojomo and Osai push a few guys around too. I thought i saw Coburn make a few plays as well.I  dont think we will have a huge drop off next year if we can get some linebacker play. 

Charles made some money last night. I am really happy for him.

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I'm gruntled with Ojomo at 4i and Coburn at nose next season. We absolutely need more depth, but those are live bodies. 

Yes, add in Wilbon and Ossai and that front 4 would be very good base to the defense.

I think our Top 30 next year is good enough to compete with anyone. After that, injuries could cause 1-2 hiccups.

3 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

It's really unfair, when you think about it, how much more time we were given to prepare vs what Georgia was allowed.  Obvious advantage for us. 

I watched every snap and UT outplayed them. Period. They hit them in the mouth from play one, called them names when they tackled them, and just simply were the better team in absolutely every facet. Haven’t seen that in a while.

If Fromm was just too tired to win, well, too bad for him and yikes for UG and the SEC. 

Burns don’t it? Stings...

take the loss pussy

Edited by Doc Reeves

Not to be bitter, but let this NY6 win be a message to players like the ones who left early and didn't play in the Texas Bowl. Charles O, D. Davis, PJ Locke, Hager, Nelson, etc showed how to finish. I hope some of our juniors see the looks on their faces and buy into what their senior seasons could become. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Machinator said:

This was great.  I loved how Uga was the first to notice shit wasn't right and turned tail.  Bevo looked ornery.  I hope this doesn't restrict having large live mascots at games.  I have been a proponent of us getting a big ass bear to roam the sidelines.

• Like 3