2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Xcalibur

The LSU game is going to be one of the biggest recruiting events of the decade for this program. A convincing victory over the Fighting Ed Orgerons punctures yet another hole in the SEC superiority myth that prospects are being inundated with left and right.

3 hours ago, Lerka Lerka said:

But have you seen the NFL draft results, you stupid sip? 

That's just completely by coincidence and I'm insulted by the insinuation. Everyone drafted was drafted by their own merits, sir. And to suggest otherwise is ludacris and I'm not talking about the rapper...

16 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

My ideal scenario would be A&M plays lights out, their finest game of the entire season, and they lose on a controversial call in overtime.

Then Texas beats LSU on a controversial call in overtime.

Then A&M goes on to finish 7-6 and spends the whole year wallowing in their misery about this one day when the refs screwed them and handed Texas a big win. 

Your "ideal scenario" needs work.

A better one would be that aggy badly loses 3 games all year:  Clemson, Bama and LSU.  Conversely, Texas whips LSU, runs the table and then plays and beats Clemson in the semis and Bama in the championship game.  That is a much more satisfying scenario.  aggy would be crushed in humiliating fashion 

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
  • Like 1

A better one would be that aggy badly loses 3 games all year:  Clemson, Bama and LSU.  Conversely, Texas whips LSU, runs the table and then plays and beats Clemson in the semis and Bama in the championship game.  That is a much more satisfying scenario.  aggy would be crushed in humiliating fashion 

Why do people keep giving a shit about aggy?

They're marginal. They've been national.

We don't play them. We used to play them.

They have male cheerleaders and judge meat , for fuck sake...

Why do so many people keep associating us with them?

They don't make a shit.
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, Snacks said:

They don't make a shit.

Do you even Sleeping Giant, bro?

21 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Yeah that's good to. I needed an ideal scenario consultant.

On 5/17/2019 at 7:10 PM, Snacks said:

They don't make a shit.

100 year decision. They too can march with piggy to irrelevance. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

At first I thought that #11 was Teh Majurrr. Whew. 

lulz. I wish they had put Major in there as the third guy. 

It did make me think, though, where does Sam currently rank on the all-time list of UT quarterbacks and where could he finish? I'm probably not enough of a historian of Texas football to properly rank them, but it does seem that Sam has the potential to finish second if he can win a title in the next two years. If Sam continues on his current trajectory but doesn't win a title or Heisman, I think he'd probably finish around 4th or 5th.  Assuming he stays healthy, he's pretty much a lock to be third all time in career wins.

Acknowledging that there's probably some really good QBs I'm missing that were before my time, my best guess at the list would be:

1. VY (duh)

2. Colt

3/4. Bobby Layne, James Street (both well before my time so hard to say. Seems like Layne was better but Street won the title)

5. James Brown

6. Marty Akins (Google tells me this dude was really good and an All-American. I have no fucking clue) 

7. Teh Majurrr

8. Simms

I would have Eddie Phillips ahead of Marty Akins.  Eddie had a great season in 1970 and Texas won the UPI national title.  He played his ass off in the bowl game against Notre Dame, but fumbles cost us that game.    His 1970 10 win season helped Texas get to 30 consecutive wins.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Sam is by far the best we've had this decade, and the best since Colt and VY.

That's all he is until he leaves, as it stands, and that's all that should be said about him until we win a championship of some sort. 

Good point. This is serious shit and it's not like we're on a UT message board in the peak of the off-season. No further speculation about the future performance of any of our players or their place in this program's history shall be mentioned henceforth.

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Good point. This is serious shit and it's not like we're on a UT message board in the peak of the off-season. No further speculation about the future performance of any of our players or their place in this program's history shall be mentioned henceforth.

Good. Just wanted to make sure we're on the same page. Can't have Sam reading your posts and getting all big headed. 

16 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I don’t think James Brown belongs ahead of Major/Simms.

Brown could be good and he could be really bad. That pick that at the end of the Notre Dame game still haunts me. It was such a stupid and unnecessary throw. 

I am a huge fan of James Brown, but I have to agree. I think he does deserve some credit, though, for being the first real passing threat we ever had as a QB. Before Brown, we had some damned good football players who happened to line up at QB (Layne and Street come to mind) but no real "quarterback". JB brought us into the modern era.

4 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I am a huge fan of James Brown, but I have to agree. I think he does deserve some credit, though, for being the first real passing threat we ever had as a QB. Before Brown, we had some damned good football players who happened to line up at QB (Layne and Street come to mind) but no real "quarterback". JB brought us into the modern era.

Bobby Layne was a real quarterback.  He was drafted pick 3 in the first round of his draft.  He had over 26,000 passing yards in the NFL and had a 63.4 passer rating.  At UT most of his passing records weren't broken before the 90's.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Bobby Layne was a real quarterback.  He was drafted pick 3 in the first round of his draft.  He had over 26,000 passing yards in the NFL and had a 63.4 passer rating.  At UT most of his passing records weren't broken before the 90's.  

This. Bobby Layne is in the fucking HOF: https://www.profootballhof.com/players/bobby-layne/

He certainly qualifies as top 5 all time.

Mackovic’s offense brought Texas into the modern era, not James Brown.  Also, Gardere in Mackovic’s offense broke most of Layne’s passing records.  And Mackovic screwed Brown up by trying to make him a true passing qb.

Also, no mention of Duke Carlisle?  QB for the 1st NC, and a pretty darn good qb.

4 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Healthy David Ash >>>>>>>> Sam 

At least this moron didn't hack Snacks' account.

David Ash was rarely really healthy, but even then he was never ahead of Ehlinger. But I will say I think he was the next best thing between Colt and Sam.

Setting talent and performance aside -- and on that point I disagree that Healthy Ash is better than Sam -- Ash had nowhere near the leadership that Sam has.  I get the sense that a lot of Sam's teammates will run through a brick wall for him.  Ash was a nice guy and probably a really good teammate, but didn't provide the inspiration and motivation that you need from the QB position.  Yeah, his performance in Stillwater in 2012 was nails, but it was not the norm for him.

10 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Setting talent and performance aside -- and on that point I disagree that Healthy Ash is better than Sam -- Ash had nowhere near the leadership that Sam has.  I get the sense that a lot of Sam's teammates will run through a brick wall for him.  Ash was a nice guy and probably a really good teammate, but didn't provide the inspiration and motivation that you need from the QB position.  Yeah, his performance in Stillwater in 2012 was nails, but it was not the norm for him.

A lot of the difference is offense as well - Ash isn't a fit for the current offense today, much more of a fit for the Harsin type of system.

6 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Healthy David Ash >>>>>>>> Sam 

Yeah that's going to be a no from me, dawg...

I had classes with Ash and can give you first hand accounts on what everyone else is saying. Really good guy. Pretty good QB when healthy. Loved by his teammates. 

The one thing I can tell Sam has in spades over Ash is what's going on between the ears. Not just football IQ, but also mentally. Won't tell stories since I suspect he's had to deal with neurological issues post football. Remember he "retired" for concussion issues. I'm not sure Ash would've done anything here because it was a matter of time before he was going to have to hang em up. And that's a shame because he would've been a fairly good QB for us. 

51 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Yeah, his performance in Stillwater in 2012 was nails, but it was not the norm for him.

That game made me think, for a moment, that maybe Mack 2.0 would work. The next two games dispelled me of that notion.