2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Xcalibur

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

You grew up in Alief right? I grew up in Mission Bend. I know you've seen girls that look like this before. Doesn't take away from her aesthetics though.

Yup. And I was severely disappointed when I figured out the world didn't see beauty in the same qualities as myself... Oh well. Ended up with a "fattie" with 34k naturals (no pics) so I'm good. 

• Like 1

I remember when I got blasted for saying McCoy was a jackass for not seeing the writing on the wall with Kingsbury/USC when he first committed... and now he reportedly wants to transfer back to Cali?

IF TRUE (a big if), let his ass walk. Dude seems to have bigger issues than football

Yep. He was going to be a potential headache sooner rather than later. Let USC embrace the suck as they have done enough of it the last few seasons.

If he wants to transfer back to USC, I say more power to him.  We don't need players who don't want to be here. 

Dude hasn't played a down of college football...hell, he hasn't even made it to the football season of his freshman year and wants to transfer a second time?  

Well, bye.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Brilliant. Sign letter of intent and transfer to Texas with zero intention of ever playing a game. Sit out year. Transfer back to USC. Sit out year. Play one bad ass season and go pro with almost zero wear and tear from college. 

But seriously, our reputation as a redneck backwards ass state with redneck white supremacist politics is going to scare a ton of non white out of state players from places like California away. 

As I said yesterday, you’re a terrible poster. An absolute fucking piece of shit. Go fuck yourself. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

Nobody knows. My gut feeling is that he's homesick and this waiver issue (whatever it is) is a symptom of the problem.

Or a sign the family has been recruiting him to come back home and the whole waiting to see how other appeals went was a delay tactic.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

12 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

The 5:50pm update says that USC has had zero contact with BM. 

From 247...

5:50 PM UPDATE: Our 247Sports network partner, USCFootball.com, released an update Monday evening stating USC has allegedly not had any contact with Bru McCoy throughout this situation. According to USCFootball.com, "McCoy has not been in contact with USC or any of the Trojans' coaching staff either. Any mention of that is false."

Brilliant. Sign letter of intent and transfer to Texas with zero intention of ever playing a game. Sit out year. Transfer back to USC. Sit out year. Play one bad ass season and go pro with almost zero wear and tear from college. 
But seriously, our reputation as a redneck backwards ass state with redneck white supremacist politics is going to scare a ton of non white out of state players from places like California away. 

Explains VY, Ricky, and Earl. And Dj, Vasher, Griffins, Ross’s, etc.

I just wrapped up a month in Miami. Anyone I encountered, from Coral Gables to South Beach to Little Havana who saw my Texas plates or DL wanted to chat about how great Texas is. If Texas is known for anything, it's football, not mythical ties to the deep South. 

My family down in South Florida sport Texas gear now and then, and get nothing but compliments. My 70 year old mom told her friends to buy a Texas shirt due to the men that come up to her to chat. Even the Aggie that worked the boat I was on in the Keys was happy to see some Texans. In Boston as well, we were greeted well and Canadians love us.

My only negative comment was from a sorority dipshit who declared they didn’t like people from Texas in Tennessee. Most were fine, though they were confused about having a perceived rivalry with Texas.

7 hours ago, DaysOff said:
7 hours ago, Junior Miller said:
It's not cloak room it's a fact. That's the reputation of Texas to the rest of the country. It's only gotten more prominent the last 2 years. I travel for business all the time and when I pull out that Texas DL now I get nasty looks and comments at times.  Never happened before. 

For a kid like McCoy it can be overwhelming once you get here. I understand it. 

Read more  

Pretty sure I travel more than you and have never been treated that way for being a Texan. Maybe it's you.

I travel every week. Every time I tell someone I’m from Austin I get “oh man I’ve heard nothing but great things about Austin” if they’ve never been or “I love Austin” if they have been. 

I primarily travel to SF,LA,NYC and Boston. No idea where notion that Texas gets sneered at would stem from. 

I just got back from a work trip hitting NYC, Boston, and Providence. Everyone I spoke with either loved Austin, planned to visit or wanted to move here. Now I did hear some smack talk about Houston and Dallas, more of those parts of Texas are too conservative. But ATX got nothing but props. These were young 20-30 something, public relations, and marketing folks. 

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

From 247...

5:50 PM UPDATE: Our 247Sports network partner, USCFootball.com, released an update Monday evening stating USC has allegedly not had any contact with Bru McCoy throughout this situation. According to USCFootball.com, "McCoy has not been in contact with USC or any of the Trojans' coaching staff either. Any mention of that is false."

But did they say anything about McCoy's family?

ollesafeee.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I travel every week. Every time I tell someone I’m from Austin I get “oh man I’ve heard nothing but great things about Austin” if they’ve never been or “I love Austin” if they have been. 

I primarily travel to SF,LA,NYC and Boston. No idea where notion that Texas gets sneered at would stem from. 

Collie Station or the place you would connect the hose if you were giving the state of Texas an enema.

6 hours ago, Thiefery said:

I was wondering why my neighbors kept looking at me weird while driving my Truck with Texas plates in VA..Now I have to assure them that I'm not a redneck and did not come into the country illegally.

You are now on ICE radar. Good luck in Guatamala.

Junior Miller is a shitty poster and a troll on this site. Pay no attention to anything he says.
  • Like 2

IT on Bru

BRU MCCOY, PORTAL POSTER CHILD

Like everyone else, we were surprised by the discussion that arose late Sunday, early Monday of Bru McCoy wanting to transfer back to USC. My first reaction was that it was similar to his first transfer in that there was much more information coming out of the destination side of the "recruitment." And what a dumb recruitment it is.

When I say everyone was surprised I mean every team source we have was blind-sided as well. We often check just to see if there are any malcontents, especially around the end of a semester. We often hear of stuff that never materializes but with Bru we never heard anything negative.

In fact, a couple of my queries were the first time sources heard of anything being wrong. If he's really homesick, and still that's the only credible reason we've heard, he hid it very well.

The fact that this caught UT so off guard puts to bed the rumor of Bru being upset regarding his waiver situation. I also don't believe it has anything to do with playing time. He wasn't going to start but he would have played if granted the waiver. We would have heard of him being upset if the waiver situation and playing time were factors. Besides, by transferring back to USC, he'd assuredly miss the next season unless USC digs up the OJ team.

Likely what happened was he went home after the semester and realized he wanted to remain in Southern California. How he came to realize that we may never know.

Expectations are that he'll enter the portal but until his name pops up who knows? If he does enter the portal and transfers there's still the chance he returns for August practice.

From the Texas perspective they don't want to lose him and I'm sure the coaches will be on the phone with him a lot today. Herman should probably let Mehringer handle that.

But also in talking to a few sources the sentiment is similar to some fans...if he leaves, [shrug emoticon]. A player's level of drama you're willing to tolerate directly correlates to his ability and Bru McCoy was only a five-star.

I took a couple days off with the family during what is normally a very quiet time. I'll have recruiting notes either later today or early tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have a team update as well. The team resumed workouts this morning.

Super K on Bru

A few things here to add to my report from yesterday morning…

***I did reach out to someone I know quite well in the McCoy family. I did not hear back. Given the connection I have with said person, the fact that I didn’t hear back tells me all I need to know. Namely, again, that what we noted yesterday regarding the veracity of the rumors is true.

***At this point a number of outlets are reporting that Bru isn’t going to return. I have not been told that by anyone in the McCoy family but I spoke to a person close to the situation and said person spoke on the matter as if it is a forgone conclusion. But again, I haven’t received that direct from the family.

***Source said that Bru has actually been contemplating the return to USC for quite some time. It sounds like it may have been within the first few weeks of arriving at Texas that Bru decided he wanted to return. Source said that Bru didn’t know, “100% but it was a really rough adjustment”.

***Also, was told that USC does have a scholarship for Bru. I only point that out because I know we had heard they didn’t have one for Chris Steele. For clarification, I’m told that they now have a spot for both Bru and Steele though, as you know, Steele appears headed to Oregon.

***I think an important point to note here is that this has, in my opinion, nothing to do with Texas. I’ve been to Mater Dei. I’ve seen the environment Bru was in. It’s the best of Southern California. It’s an affluent community that is very tightly knit. You’ll recall that once I returned from my trip to California in the fall, I really started to feel the chances of Texas landing Bru were slim. The reason I felt that way is having been to the game and to the school, I could tell it was a type of life/community that would be very hard to leave.

***Bru in fact did sign with USC but ultimately did leave. I remember speaking to his family member around that time and was told that Bru felt USC was too much like high school. I think it turns out that perhaps it took him going away to realize just how good things were in that bubble, for lack of a better word.

***Again, I don’t think it would matter if Bru had been at Texas, Alabama, Florida or anywhere else. If Bru does indeed return to USC, my sense is it will be because of what he loves about where he’s from and not due to anything he dislikes about Texas, in particular.

• Like 1

I travel a lot for business and anytime people become aware that I'm from Texas, I am treated with scorn and derision at a minimum. Most of the time it ends up in a fist fight where I generally kick ass unless I am too outnumbered. This happens even when I travel around Texas, with the exception of College Station where I am treated like a king by the most hospitable and kind people I have ever met. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4