19 3  Army Division I FBS Ind 11-2 418 _ Share
20 5 West Virginia West Virginia Big 12 8-4 296 _ Share
21 - Northwestern Northwestern Big Ten 9-5 284 _ Share
22 - Utah State Utah State Mountain West 11-2 188 _ Share
23 - Boise State Boise State Mountain West 10-3 184 _ Share
24 - Cincinnati Cincinnati The American 11-2 171 _ Share
25 - Iowa Iowa Big Ten 9-4 120 _ Share

Others Receiving Votes:
Others receiving votes:Appalachian St. 96, Stanford 52, Mississippi St. 45, Utah 43, UAB 32, Iowa St. 26, Auburn 15, Oregon 11, Missouri 10, Troy 6, Georgia Southern 6, Oklahoma St. 3, Wisconsin 2, NC State 2.

• Like 2

Start at 23, lose to Maryland, drop out of the polls, fight back to finish 10 - 4 with a win over SEC SEC SEC and Georgia in the Sugar Bowl and a top 10 ranking.  What a remarkable season.

Now, don't start flat again, and let's not have key players have to sit out parts of games for stupid shenanigans, and next year looks pretty good.  I can't wait for next season.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Georgia is above us? Makes sense.

Eh, they have a better record. Not sure how we would have done against UMass, Austin Peay, and Middle Tennessee State...well ok I guess I do. Texas beats all three by one score.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Start at 23, lose to Maryland, drop out of the polls, fight back to finish 10 - 4 with a win over SEC SEC SEC and Georgia in the Sugar Bowl and a top 10 ranking.  What a remarkable season.

Now, don't start flat again, and let's not have key players have to sit out parts of games for stupid shenanigans, and next year looks pretty good.  I can't wait for next season.

pretty sure you got 2 players gotta sit out first half of first game next year.

Polls don’t matter for rankings when there is a real playoff, with selections based upon game outcomes instead of marketing campaigns.

Leave diving, figure skating, and gymnastics to the middle age and geriatric pedophile judges and keep football away from these ““committees” and their barking rectum “sports journalist” propaganda machines.

Army should have been ranked at least 5 spots higher. 

No fucking surprise that three fucking SEC teams are ranked directly ahead of us- the only reason we have 4 fucking losses is because we played a fucking championship game and lost. 

if sec team loses a conference championship game its because they lost to the greatest conference ever.

The only team ahead of us to lose their championship game was Georgia. so of course they are tied with Florida.   Wash St has an argument, but they ended up behind us.

I think it is fair to say that UT is ahead of schedule.

Top 10 finish and Sugar Bowl win.

Now it is critical that the team doesn't let press clippings go to their heads during off season.

Herman needs to add some recruiting difference makers to the staff in off season

Team cannot sleep on any opponent. Cannot have 3rd straight year with a season opening loss. Schedule is set for Texas to make a run next year. Time to strike.

Last night and the sugar bowl showed the sec was really average this year.  Bama tore through that conference and Clemson beat them up.  Of course the rankings ignore this entirely.

Oh well, who cares, this year is done.  If you told me at the start of the year we'd finish with 10 wins, a sugar bowl win over Georgia, and a top 10 ranking, I'd take it no matter what.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Now it is critical that the team doesn't let press clippings go to their heads during off season.

If anybody in our program is satisfied after that 4th quarter in the Big 12 Championship game and watching OU celebrate their millionth Big 12 Championship I seriously have to question if they even belong here.

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I don't get LSU's or ND's ranking. Can someone mansplain these to me? Thx.

LSU's spot is honestly pretty damn close to legit.

They destroyed Georgia, they lost to Florida at Florida, Bama beat the tar out of them and they got fucked by the refs in a 7OT marathon against the fighting Texum Bulldogs

and like it or not, ND played a real schedule this year and while they were destroyed in their last game, they still only lost 1 game.  ND beat 4 ranked teams,  Michigan, Stanford, Va Tech, & Syracuse

in addition, they beat Florida State & USC-   I admit, both those teams sucked, but thats not ND's fault, they scheduled good teams who happened to blow ass this year.

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with this final ranking.  We lost 4 games, one of them being Maryland.  No. 9 seems just about right.  More important than final poll number, we pounded Georgia for a Sugar Bowl win to end the season.  A bump up one or two spots in the poll wouldn't produced any greater momentum going into the 2019 season. 

• Like 8