Polar - Netflix, Mads Mikkelsen, Vanessa Hudgens, Katheryn Winnick, Jan 25 (Hitman, Graphic Novel)

atomheartbevo

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking forward to this but turned it off after 30 minutes.  Maybe I just don't get the source material, fine to each his/her own.

It seemed like a poor mash up of Kill Bill (great) and Smoken Aces (sucked), but it couldn't decide what the hell it wanted to be.  So it went from brooding tension to ridiculous cartoon character villains from one second to the next.

Maybe it got better as it went along but fuck it, with Netflix it's always hit or miss so I checked out.

Edited by Mach 1
Sin City bad exampl
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

I was looking forward to this but turned it off after 30 minutes.  Maybe I just don't get the source material, fine to each his/her own.

It seemed like a poor mash up of Kill Bill (great) and Smoken Aces (sucked), but it couldn't decide what the hell it wanted to be.  So it went from brooding tension to ridiculous cartoon character villains from one second to the next.

Maybe it got better as it went along but fuck it, with Netflix it's always hit or miss so I checked out.

I'd say it was trying for the John Wick edge, but ended up a cornier version of Smokin Aces, so yeah, good call on that one. 

How did he know to duck when he was fucking the hottie and the sniper had him in his sights?

I thought he had her pegged when he saw her unzip her jacket to show off her boobs when he was watching her in his side mirror as she walked up to his car to ask for help.

She pulled the exact same move - blow job time and BLAM - in the opening scene with the assassin in Chile.

Since they all worked for Damocles, I just figured he had heard about how the “A Team” as Blut called them operated.

OpSec didn’t appear to be real important.

10 hours ago, ajax said:

You guys are tough on movies. 

I actually thought the opening scene had a Kingsman vibe, specially the second Kingsman.

If there was a surly version of a Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic, our summaries would read:

”This movie was one the shittiest movies ever made, but it was also one of the best movies ever to pass over my mortal eyeballs.  The acting was spectacular and Oscar-worry, while also making one think of some shitty community theater project.  The director must have been a clone of Hitchcock or Kubrick with the stunning visuals, choreography, and dialogue, but he or she also appears to have taken a bowling ball to the head during film-making.  Repeatedly.  I fucking hate this movie, but I would give up my firstborn to watch it again, if that’s what it takes.”

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 2/2/2019 at 7:30 AM, 52-80 said:

the ass and titties werent from katheryn winnick so meh

halfway through the movie I thought "This movie is so bad even Katheryn Winnick licking a strippers ass can't save it"

Then our hero took that chick with the great rack to pound town and it got better. 

On 1/28/2019 at 8:39 PM, atomheartbevo said:

If there was a surly version of a Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic, our summaries would read:

”This movie was one the shittiest movies ever made, but it was also one of the best movies ever to pass over my mortal eyeballs.  The acting was spectacular and Oscar-worry, while also making one think of some shitty community theater project.  The director must have been a clone of Hitchcock or Kubrick with the stunning visuals, choreography, and dialogue, but he or she also appears to have taken a bowling ball to the head during film-making.  Repeatedly.  I fucking hate this movie, but I would give up my firstborn to watch it again, if that’s what it takes.”

Siskel? Ebert? Just frauds compared to atomheartbevo 

• 2 weeks later...