Wind River

cujojack

IMDB 

Great movie!

A veteran tracker with the Fish and Wildlife Service helps to investigate the murder of a young Native American woman, and uses the case as a means of seeking redemption for an earlier act of irresponsibility which ended in tragedy.

Watched it on Netflix a few weeks ago and it was fantastic. Setting was beautiful, and the climax is incredible.

The way that the events escalated with the cop noticing that they were being flanked, to de-escalated where you think it's fine, to the action was just really, really well done. I was amazed that they pulled it off as I normally don't like when they just show flashbacks that one of the lead actors weren't there for. Also was good that it wasn't the boyfriend in a stereotypical fashion.

Great flick. Spent some time around Wind River outside of Dubois. The tension between the Native Americans and the white folk is real. Don’t believe me; try winning decent $$ at their blackjack tables. Can’t say I blame them. Drugs also a serious issue in the Native American community. 

A story and film that is truly uniquely American.

I enjoyed this, but I was distracted a few times in certain key scenes by Renner's woodenness.  I was very much touched by a lot of it as a parent, and especially as a dad with daughters.  It didn't live up to Hell or High Water for me, but a very good film I look forward to watching again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally saw it.  Enjoyed it.  Behind Hell or High Water for me, but Beau Bridges and Ben Foster is an extreme unfair advantage where I am concerned.

Ahead of Sicario, though.  Glad he didn't get around to killing the mountain lion.

Thoroughly enjoyed seeing those yahoos getting blasted with .45-70.  Kinda thought that last guy was going to get munched by the cougar.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Watched it last night.  Best movie I've seen in awhile.

I was watching on a tablet with headphones, and during the build up when the county deputy says to the FBI chick "You didn't see it, did you?" as they head towards the trailer, my wife asked what was wrong.  Apparently my facial expressions gave away the ridiculous tension build up

Agree that this is a great movie, and probably the best I've seen in the last 2-3 years.  One of those movies that just takes you right there into the setting. 

It also taught me that those Full House twins have a smoking hot younger sister.

16 hours ago, KuЯdt said:

Agree that this is a great movie, and probably the best I've seen in the last 2-3 years.  One of those movies that just takes you right there into the setting. 

It also taught me that those Full House twins have a smoking hot younger sister.

Not sure I would say smoking hot, but she is a pretty damn good actress. 

Just finished watching this for the second time. Amazing film. Think I liked hell or high water more, probably due to the whole west Texas feel to it. It's hard to rank Sheridans work. Everything he has done has been amazing. Really looking forward to Sicario 2 and Yellowstone. This guy is just pumping out quality work

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...
Watched this tonight thanks to [mention=1806]MirrOlure[/mention] in the Netflix thread. 

Shit, that was good. 
I think I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have when I watched it a year ago. Watched it again with my wife recently and it's really stuck with me. Have watched the shootout scene by itself many more times on YouTube. Just a beautifully shot movie. I've been debating whether to start Yellowstone just because it's the same person

Enviado desde mi SM-G973U mediante Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wind River bothered me for quite a while after I watched it. I didn’t feel like doing anything that night or most of the next morning. Just kept thinking about the movie. We watched it again recently and it had the same effect. Hostiles did the same thing. I consider WR to be my favorite movie released in the last several years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

Wind River bothered me for quite a while after I watched it. I didn’t feel like doing anything that night or most of the next morning. Just kept thinking about the movie. We watched it again recently and it had the same effect. Hostiles did the same thing. I consider WR to be my favorite movie released in the last several years. 

same here...it stuck with me for several days after watching it, i think i even dreamed about it.

also... @iodeac don't be fooled, Yellowstone is great for what it is, but other than the setting it's nothing like WR 😄 i'd still recommend it for a fun watch, but try to avoid being disappointed 😋

• 1 year later...

got a rewatch in on this one tonight.  holds up.  still amazing.  watch it again if you haven’t seen it in a while.

would love it if sheridan could produce something on this level again.  how was “those who wish me dead”?  I heard bad things and never got around to watching it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, futureman said:

got a rewatch in on this one tonight.  holds up.  still amazing.  watch it again if you haven’t seen it in a while.

would love it if sheridan could produce something on this level again.  how was “those who wish me dead”?  I heard bad things and never got around to watching it. 

It was fucking terrible, don’t waste your time. Just go watch Wind River again, again. Or Hell or High Water, which also holds up. 

18 hours ago, futureman said:

For a Jolie film, it’s pretty good. Unless something changes, probably her last good performance. 

On 10/22/2023 at 9:37 AM, Macanudo said:

I watched this a few weeks ago for the first time and also really liked it.  Renner is a terribly underrated actor.

I also watched it a few weeks ago, but for the 25th time probably.  It's one of my go-to flicks late night.....like No Country for Old Men used to be.