Alabama Football - Now Featuring Kalen DeBoer

LTtxfan

IMHO, what Nick Saban has done at Alabama has proven that you can build a football dynasty even in the era of reduced scholarships. How many times have Texas fans heard the narrative that the only reason why Coach Royal was successful is because of the unlimited scholarships available at the time? How many times have UT fans been lectured by the press to have lower expectations because of the scholarship reductions?  To those who dare lecture us on expectations, I tell them to look at Saban and Alabama then get back with me on it. :)

On 6/6/2023 at 4:00 PM, closetojumping said:

$100 handshakes? Sure. Playing the game in basketball? Sure. Doing it in football? No. Your response and thought process are shitty and lazy and incorrect. And yeah, I'm fucking talking about this from an actual position of knowledge and have been posting about it since before Shaggy or Surly existed. I fucking wish Texas had either played the bag game or used their pious position to tattle to the NCAA constantly about it. They did neither.

But yeah, you don't know shit on the subject matter so spare us the declarative, condescending platitude of "everybody does it and your naive thinking otherwise." Some of you football board denizens are fucking lost.

before Shaggy or Surly

those were dark times

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2023 at 10:28 AM, LTtxfan said:

Six Edge Rushers 5-Star on 2023 Roster

IMG_20230707_092342_kindlephoto-1908637.thumb.jpg.2159474af877bd49bd9a08f8fe97fe86.jpg

Dallas Turner did jack shit last season. He gets hype because he plays at Bama and had 8.5 sacks in a short window of playing time when he was a freshman. He also cheapshotted Quinn Ewers last year, did nothing else that game and then taunted the crowd afterwards. I’m hoping to see one of his legs get snapped in half at the femur and then see him scream in Joe Theisman-esque agony as they cart him off the field and his playing career comes to an abrupt end. Maybe that is asking too much, but a man can dream. 

Maybe the more recent guys turn out to be solid, but Braswell and Alexander aren’t scaring anyone on the field. 

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’m hoping to see one of his legs get snapped in half at the femur and then see him scream in Joe Theisman-esque agony as they cart him off the field and his playing career comes to an abrupt end. Maybe that is asking too much, but a man can dream. 

The North Dallas Forty high-low special

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seeing this thread reminds me - I played golf last week with a buddy involved deeply with the Bama program. I was surprised to hear them opine that there is almost zero chance that Buchner is the starter. They think Simpson will "win" the starting job to close out camp and be the guy against Texas. 

Beyond that, they think they're of course winning the title again and didn't want to hear anything about all of the departures from last year. This year's team isn't going to miss a beat. I laughed openly, which wasn't appreciated. 

Also, Bill O'Brien was apparently not a beloved guy around the program. They helped him pack and drove him to the city limits after the season ended.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Seeing this thread reminds me - I played golf last week with a buddy involved deeply with the Bama program. I was surprised to hear them opine that there is almost zero chance that Buchner is the starter. They think Simpson will "win" the starting job to close out camp and be the guy against Texas. 

Beyond that, they think they're of course winning the title again and didn't want to hear anything about all of the departures from last year. This year's team isn't going to miss a beat. I laughed openly, which wasn't appreciated. 

Also, Bill O'Brien was apparently not a beloved guy around the program. They helped him pack and drove him to the city limits after the season ended.

Interesting. Simpson was a highly ranked recruit, but came from a 2A school in West Tennessee where he was coached by his dad. Dual threat guy. I guess they think Milroe is a lost cause, but Simpson making the start against us in a prime time game of the week feels a little like Colt McCoy getting the start against Ohio State in 2006. At least Milroe has started a game in that environment before. 

4 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d93ae2cec6eb8ca38d3b961390ed44f1.jpeg

While this looks daunting on the surface, and Alabama has most assuredly been fantastic the past 15 seasons, I'd love to see the breakdown of who they have played at home or a relative SOS. Pretty much all of their significant non-conference match ups are neutral site games, and they load up on easy wins otherwise.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

Interesting. Simpson was a highly ranked recruit, but came from a 2A school in West Tennessee where he was coached by his dad. Dual threat guy. I guess they think Milroe is a lost cause, but Simpson making the start against us in a prime time game of the week feels a little like Colt McCoy getting the start against Ohio State in 2006. At least Milroe has started a game in that environment before. 

Have you ever watched Milroe attempt to complete a forward pass?  Therein lies the answer.

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

If Simpson starts you guys will beat their fuck in. 

2 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Simpson was a highly ranked recruit, came from 2A HS in West Tenn coached by his Dad... Simpson making the start against us in a prime time game of the week feels a little like Colt McCoy getting the start against Ohio State in 2006. At least Milroe has started a game in that environment before. 

Simpson is a 5star RS-Freshman.  So he's similar to having Quinn start in 2022 vs Bama.

247 write-up: 

H.S. Scouting Report for Ty Simpson

PROJECTION

First Round

COMPARISON

Matt Corral    CAROLINA PANTHERS

Possesses adequate size for his position at 6-foot-1 plus and a shade under 200-pounds. Has growth potential to add additional weight to his frame at the next level. Displays good athletic ability in the pocket and above average mobility as a runner.

Predominant pocket passer, comes from a spread run-pass option scheme in high school. Demonstrates good foot quickness and body quickness in the pocket, showing a natural ability to extend plays with his feet in or outside the pocket. Plays with good feel and instincts as a passer, keeping his eyes down field while withstanding pressure. Appears to have a clean and abbreviated throwing motion, demonstrating the ability to get the ball out quickly and from a variety of angles.

Displays good arm strength as a passer, showing the ability to make every throw on the field. Flashes accuracy at every level possessing an ability to throw his receivers open and play with anticipation. Has a poise to his passing game in the pocket but also excels with his ability to improvise and extend plays with his feet. More of a passer, but you have to respect his feet as a runner. Rushed for over 1200 yards and 15 TD’s on the ground in his senior season.

Balanced in both his abilities as a passer and runner, Simpson poses a multi-dimensional threat for opposing defenses at the next level, showing the ability to play within or outside the structure of an offensive attack. Projects to an all-conference, potential all-american prospect at the next level. Needs one season to sit and develop as he acclimates to the speed of the game at the collegiate level, but possesses the ability to be a multi-year high level performer for a Power Five program

Edited by LTtxfan

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2023 at 4:28 PM, kevwun said:

Have you ever watched Milroe attempt to complete a forward pass?  Therein lies the answer.

You can fix that, or at least make it tolerable (see Jalen Hurts). The problem is Milroe's decision making. He is indecisive which neutralizes his natural physical gifts. 

On 8/2/2023 at 4:50 PM, Clintonaldo said:

If Simpson starts you guys will beat their fuck in. 

We (Bama) are going to run the ball 2000 times against Texas.

11 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

You can fix that, or at least make it tolerable (see Jalen Hurts). The problem is Milroe's decision making. He is indecisive which neutralizes his natural physical gifts. 

nrw-ut-wvu-79.jpg

5 hours ago, BHMCruiser said:

I do think y'all are going back to that style of ball.

1 hour ago, BHMCruiser said:

absolutely. 

Yeah "Bully Ball" will be back at Bama this year.  Saban is no doubt gonna feature a "power running game" in his offense.  It will probably resemble what Bama ran when McElroy was their QB. 

Gonna really need their defense to step up for Bama to have any chance getting to the SEC Championship Game.  

On 8/2/2023 at 10:26 PM, MuellerHorn said:

While this looks daunting on the surface, and Alabama has most assuredly been fantastic the past 15 seasons, I'd love to see the breakdown of who they have played at home or a relative SOS. Pretty much all of their significant non-conference match ups are neutral site games, and they load up on easy wins otherwise.

Historically, Tuscaloosa has never struck me as a uniquely tough place to play. Like the Orange Bowl back in the 80s, the difficulty has more to do with the team you're playing than anything. 

From all the preseason football videos, seems like we will get early Saban years at bame this year.  They feel they have an elite defense, better than last years.  They feel they have a dominant O-line.  Shitty QB and underwhelming WRs for what Bama is used to having.  New OC, new DC.  

Bama is going to run the ball, play sound defense, try to control field position and shorten the game.  

Texas needs to jump out early and force their QBs to pass the ball.  I expect another 20-17 type of game with hopefully Texas coming out with the win.  I would take our roster over Bama’s but until Sark can prove he can out coach other good coaches and learn to make adjustments, I’m expecting a loss regardless if Texas has more NFL talent this year.

• immamac changed the title to Alabama Football - Now Featuring Kalen DeBoer
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic