Alabama Football - Now Featuring Kalen DeBoer

LTtxfan

8 hours ago, RPM said:

ALABAMA PLAYER ARRESTED FOR ALLEGEDLY SPREADING STD

Alabama lineman Elijah Pritchett reportedly was arrested Wednesday on an STD charge.

The Alabama player was taken into custody and charged with knowingly passing on a sexually transmitted disease, according to the Tuscaloosa Thread.

A spokeswoman for the Tuscaloosa Police Department confirmed a report was filed last week and the arrest warrant was served Wednesday, according to the same report.

The redshirt freshman eventually bonded out for $500. Knowingly passing on an STD in Alabama is a Class C misdemeanor.

What if it’s a relative?

10 hours ago, RPM said:

ALABAMA PLAYER ARRESTED FOR ALLEGEDLY SPREADING STD

Alabama lineman Elijah Pritchett reportedly was arrested Wednesday on an STD charge.

The Alabama player was taken into custody and charged with knowingly passing on a sexually transmitted disease, according to the Tuscaloosa Thread.

A spokeswoman for the Tuscaloosa Police Department confirmed a report was filed last week and the arrest warrant was served Wednesday, according to the same report.

The redshirt freshman eventually bonded out for $500. Knowingly passing on an STD in Alabama is a Class C misdemeanor.

SEC !

SEC !

SEC !

Cracks me up... Saban wants media to keep talking about Michigan cheating 😂😂😂😂

Alabama coaches are urging players not watch film on their tablets in wake of Michigan's sign-stealing scandal

DOUG SAMUELS      23 HOURS AGO

As teams prepare for their bowl games, you'd typically find coaches and players on their iPads or tablets watching film to study while on the road for their respective matchups.

However, that is not what is happening as Alabama prepares to take on Michigan.

Some will see it as being overly cautious, or even flat our paranoid, while others will credit Nick Saban for some next-level mind games, but Tide players shared today that their coaches have recommended that they stay off their individual tablets, pointing to Michigan's sign-stealing scandal as the reason why.

"The app we record film off...I guess they were looking at other peoples play calls, hand signals, stuff like that," Crimson Tide receiver Isaiah Bond shared with reporters today during their Rose Bowl availability.

Teammate Tyler Booker added that Alabama is trying to keep things more in-house.

Those sentiments were shared by two reporters on hand for the players availability today.

Saban and the Tide continue to prepare for the Wolverines and their College Football Playoff matchup with the added intel from former Michigan linebackers coach George Helow on their side, as Saban added Helow to his staff a few weeks ago.

Helow and Michigan mutually agreed to part ways back in February.

We will have more on this as the video from the presser becomes available.

I had a dream I was part of the negotiation team for conference expansion and while I don’t know who was at the table there were about 12-16 or so and I was one off the head of the table next to Nick saban who was at the head. He didn’t say much, neither did I. Not sure if I was Texas’ lawyer or what, but there was this rock music playing and it was clearly annoying both of us. It was bad enough that both of us became completely disinterested in further expansion with whomever the knuckle heads were that were hosting the meeting. I turned to Nick and said something about it and he nodded his head. Then I leaned over and said look, with the amount of eyeballs we command together, we don’t need this nonsense, he agreed. I said then let’s stop it, he nodded yes and I woke up. 

Edited by troph

3 hours ago, troph said:

I had a dream I was part of the negotiation team for conference expansion and while I don’t know who was at the table there were about 12-16 or so and I was one off the head of the table next to Nick saban who was at the head. He didn’t say much, neither did I. Not sure if I was Texas’ lawyer or what, but there was this rock music playing and it was clearly annoying both of us. It was bad enough that both of us became completely disinterested in further expansion with whomever the knuckle heads were that were hosting the meeting. I turned to Nick and said something about it and he nodded his head. Then I leaned over and said look, with the amount of eyeballs we command together, we don’t need this nonsense, he agreed. I said then let’s stop it, he nodded yes and I woke up. 

That is some bizarre dream erotica, right there, troph. My dream erotica involving Nick Saban usually involves me ultimately beheading him while a crowd cheers, or throwing him off a cliff while a crowd cheers, or feeding him to a pin of hungry pigs while a crowd cheers. Never has it involved any collaboration with the guy, but to each their own.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

That is some bizarre dream erotica, right there, troph. My dream erotica involving Nick Saban usually involves me ultimately beheading him while a crowd cheers, or throwing him off a cliff while a crowd cheers, or feeding him to a pin of hungry pigs while a crowd cheers. Never has it involved any collaboration with the guy, but to each their own.

Calm down King Joffrey

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

What can I say, I’ve been in some important negotiations and meetings and it is a bit like crack to me. I’ll admit I woke up ready to fuck. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

... feeding him to a pin of hungry pigs while a crowd cheers...

Need pics of pig pin. Tie? Or just lapel?

4 minutes ago, troph said:

What can I say, I’ve been in some important negotiations and meetings and it is a bit like crack to me. I’ll admit I woke up ready to fuck. 

TMI

1 minute ago, troph said:

in that case, without restating it, we're pretty sure we could make a small fortune, at least get lawyer rates for it.

Fifty years - and more - ago, working on Harris County Domed Stadium usage ideas, I came up with the Voluntary Suicide Act, which would allow us to stage battles to the death in that nice, round venue. Participants would sign Voluntary Suicide contracts before participation, so their demises would cause no legal issues. It seemed reasonable to extend that to a waiver for audience members as well, on the theory that some people and/or weapons might escape the field and into the stands.

Get Saban to sign up, and you're good to go.

• immamac unlocked this topic

@immamac Please change thread name to 

"Alabama Football"     Thanks!!!

----------------------------------------------

Here’s a look at the crowd that was on site to welcome DeBoer to Alabama:

Here’s video of his arrival:

The coach, his wife, and 2 daughters got off the plane in Tuscaloosa and were instantly greeted by cheering Tide fans. The family was seen waving to the supporters. Also on the tarmac was Alabama athletic director Greg Byrne:

Byrne was seen talking to the fans and thanking them for coming out. “Roll Tide guys, good to see ya,” Byrne can be heard saying in the video above.

The coach has huge shoes to fill, as the Tide won 6 National Championships under Nick Saban. DeBoer is used to winning, though, as the coach is less than 2 weeks removed from getting his team to the National Championship Game.

DeBoer will be officially introduced at a press conference on Saturday at 2 p.m. ET.

Grubb likely going to Bama

Ryan Grubb, Washington OC, addresses future with Huskies

Andrew Olson | 1 hour ago

Ryan Grubb was a candidate to be Alabama’s offensive coordinator in 2023. It’s looking likely he’ll join the Crimson Tide staff in 2024.

Grubb was a reported candidate to succeed Kalen DeBoer as Washington’s head coach. The UW offensive coordinator posted a note late Saturday telling Husky fans that he did not get the head coaching job and has coached his last game at Washington.

“Though I wanted to be I will not be the next head coach at the University of Washington,” Grubb wrote in a note posted to social media. “It would have been a dream to stay here and fight to maintain the standard that had been reestablished. I showed up every day early and stayed late gladly to fight for my family…. and with tears in my eyes I know my last day in Husky Stadium has come.”

Grubb has been in coaching since 2003. The 2023 season was his second in the Power 5 ranks, serving as Washington’s offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. Under Grubb, QB Michael Penix Jr. broke records leading the Huskies high-powered attack.

This season, Washington was No. 2 nationally in passing offense, averaging 343.7 years per game through the air. The Huskies were No. 12 in total offense (462.1 yards per game) and No. 13 in scoring offense (36 points per game). ESPN’s FPI ranked Washington No. 5 in offensive efficiency for the 2023 season.

In 2022, Grubb’s first season at Washington, the Huskies improved dramatically on offense. After previously finishing 73rd in passing offense and 114th in total offense, the Huskies led the nation with 369.8 passing yards per game and were second in total offense, averaging 515.8 yards per contest.

Many Alabama fans became familiar with Grubb when Nick Saban attempted to hire him away for the 2023 season. It’s now looking like he’ll follow DeBoer to Tuscaloosa and join the Tide staff in 2024.

• immamac changed the title to Alabama Football - Now Featuring Kalen DeBoer

ESPN's Pete Thamel reported the former Alabama wide receiver transferred to Texas on Sunday. Bond told Thamel it was a "business decision" and "100 percent" driven by former Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban's decision to retire, which opened up a 30-day transfer window for players on the current roster

Still expecting William Inge to come along to coach LBs.  Gonna be interesting to see if Chuck Morrell is willing to move to the southeast or maybe DeBoer realizes he has to upgrade that coaching position.    

10 hours ago, EastHorn said:

Story is crazy that Bond didn't even wait to talk to DeBoer before bolting.  

Why is it crazy? Bond came out and said his motivation to bounce was 100% business. DeBoer at Bama is a complete unknown and Sarkisian at Texas is ideal for Bond.