The way too early 2019 LSU at Texas game discussion

4th and 5

12 minutes ago, ShreveportTiger92 said:

First time poster.. I've had an entertaining time reading some of the pages. Here's my take: LSU is on a different level of play than UT. Our defense let up less than 100 total yards to GSU while UT let up over 400 yards to LA Tech. There's a reason ESPN FPI has us at 80% win percentage on the road, and we're favored 5.5. Our D are all top 30 overall recruits if you check each one out on ESPN recruiting. We're on a different level of talent than UT. I predict a 14 point win by LSU. Y'all are all calling LSU fans dumb which I guess yall do have a much better academic program than us, but it feels great that I just rejected the shit out of y'alls MBA full time program to go to Penn Wharton full time MBA. I love my life.

Tell it again...

14 minutes ago, ShreveportTiger92 said:

First time poster.. I've had an entertaining time reading some of the pages. Here's my take: LSU is on a different level of play than UT. Our defense let up less than 100 total yards to GSU while UT let up over 400 yards to LA Tech. There's a reason ESPN FPI has us at 80% win percentage on the road, and we're favored 5.5. Our D are all top 30 overall recruits if you check each one out on ESPN recruiting. We're on a different level of talent than UT. I predict a 14 point win by LSU. Y'all are all calling LSU fans dumb which I guess yall do have a much better academic program than us, but it feels great that I just rejected the shit out of y'alls MBA full time program to go to Penn Wharton full time MBA. I love my life.

Nice, I went there. Fun times.

17 minutes ago, ShreveportTiger92 said:

You are dumb for comparing GSU to LT.   Next

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ShreveportTiger92 said:

You can’t reject our MBA program, we withdraw your acceptance!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, ShreveportTiger92 said:

Is LSU at a different talent level than Georgia? 

Edited by sushihorn
  • Haha 1

Your so called "different level" team gave up over 400 yards to La Tech just last season.  Their junior QB passed for 330 on your ass.   If I remember correctly that team had Ed Alexander, Foster Moreau, Greedy Williams, Nick Brossette, Garrett Brumfield, Devin White and John Battle lining up against La Tech.  GTFO with that "different level" shit.  Those guys are all gone.    

ummmm...have you checked the stat line for La Tech this past Saturday?
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

FYI for big non conference home and homes, ticket allotments are decided in the contracts when the games are scheduled. Both schools will release the exact same amount of seats to visiting fans. Both ADs likely wanted to have as many to sell to season ticket holders/home fans as possible and were willing to take low numbers on visitor's allotments. So, yes, we will be prepared for equal treatment because that is almost certainly exactly what is written in the agreement signed years beforehand.

I get where you're coming from but your anger should be aimed as much at the LSU AD as the Texas AD.

I get where you're coming from but your anger should be aimed as much at the LSU AD as the Texas AD.

Our standard visitor allotment is 7000 (or 7500)tickets  with a whole section in the lower bowl and others scattered in the lowest seats down the visitor's sideline. The balance are then in the West upperdeck. Same seats every game are alloted to visitors. Sell them all, they are yours. Don't sell them, send them back. SEC games, OOC games, it doesn't matter. No anger. Our AD warned us not to expect good seats and even high priority TAF members would not necessarily get tickets allocated to us as we normally do when requesting away tickets. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Posts like these are uncalled for. Yeah, LSU fans that come on here are going to have bias in favor of their team. As if each of us doesn't have an implicit Texas bias. For many it's quite explicit despite any evidence to support it. Flame the aggy trolls that come here disguised as LSU fans all you want (they are easy to spot), but lay off the hostile bullshit meltdowns just because an LSU fan has a counterpoint/differing take. That shit belongs on texags.

Posts like these are uncalled for.

I agree. Unfortunately I see that you guys have some very uncivil, obnoxious fans, just as we do. Not an aggy troll I can assure you. I always walk on their grass when I visit there.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

36 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

ummmm...have you checked the stat line for La Tech this past Saturday?

The one that showed Tech with zero points through three quarters, all their scoring coming in 4th quarter garbage time after Texas took its foot off the gas pedal, and one of Tech's TDs being scored after a questionable penalty nullified a Texas pick 6?  That one?  Yep, seen it.  

• Like 4

I like how they are getting pissy over our DBU shirts acting like we have no right....lol

This is from after 2016...would have liked fresher info but has that muched changed in 2 seasons

They can add greedy williams, dontae jackson and tredavious white to drafted list plus the starts/awards for peterson,Mathieu,etc....

We can add starts/awards or drafted stats to earl, holton hill, deshon elliot, kris boyd, vaccaro, diggs and adrian Phillips since thend812f65af2ebc550ceb1e3a3173a1aeb.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

I like how they are getting pissy over our DBU shirts acting like we have no right....lol

AFAIK it is a thing by the DBs themselves. The school is not pushing this. So if they have a problem with it they can seek out Earl Thomas and see what he has to say.

AFAIK it is a thing by the DBs themselves. The school is not pushing this. So if they have a problem with it they can seek out Earl Thomas and see what he has to say.
I would love to see that.....but im just referring to the fans of lsu

They are upset on tiger/secrant over the shirts

TL/DR : We have no right to DBU says cajuns

3 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

I would love to see that.....but im just referring to the fans of lsu

They are upset on tiger/secrant over the shirts

TL/DR : We have no right to DBU says cajuns

I get it. I have heard many whiny fans complain how UT proclaims itself DBU. UT does not make such a claim, that is something the UT DBs themselves have made their fraternity type deal. It makes no sense for LSU fans to butthurt about that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I get it. I have heard many whiny fans complain how UT proclaims itself DBU. UT does not make such a claim, that is something the UT DBs themselves have made their fraternity type deal. It makes no sense for LSU fans to butthurt about that. 

But did they put it on the wall?

• Haha 1

This is actually best case scenario for us.  I was worried that LSU would be on their toes because of the beat down we laid on Georgia last year, but it seems pretty clear they have no respect for us.  Herman's teams come out swinging in these type of games and LSU won't be ready for it .

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ShreveportTiger92 said:

This is going to be so much fun to quote midway through the 4th when we’re up by 21 on your sorry ass overrated team. 

3 hours ago, victory88 said:

It's going to be hilarious when we wax their ass in this game.  They played fucking Georgia Southern who is a high school level option team that attempts less than 10 passes a game.  We would have put up 50 on them too.  This same fucking team that let mediocre teams score all over them including La Tech, aggy, and UCF.  Coburn is going to fucking shit on that fatass Chasen Hines on Saturday.  We're going to win this DL and OL matchup.  This is also one of the fastest Texas defenses in the last 7-8 years.  The whole losing 8 starters on D is a fucking stupid ass media narrative and Orlando will tell you that much himself.  Roach has started here since his freshman year.  Coburn looked like the best DL against UGA and is faster and more disruptive than Nelson.  Graham is going to be 10x  better than that liability Hager.  Shark and Ossai are the best LB combo we've had since Jordan Hicks and Steve Edmond.  I know we're young at CB2 but we'll have 3-4 elite safeties in there to help with coverage.  We've made Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray look pedestrian and made Jake Fromm look like a fucking big 12 back up.  Orlando will have field day confusing Burrow in passing situations.  Most importantly, Herman is going to outmensa the fucking coach Ogre is.  Dude put a coaching clinic against Kirby Smart twice (bama DC and uga).  Whipped Jimbo Fisher who ogre lost to last year and is 2-1 vs Lincoln Riley.  He's gone up against some great minds and I have no fucking doubt that Herman is going to coach circles around that fucking inbred retard Orgeron. 

I’m enchubbened. Fuck I can’t wait for this game. Something just feels right.

2 hours ago, GeorgeTheGreek said:

Damn, there is so much fear in here. LSU is better, and the best part is .... The Texas fans know it.

Cant wait to read all those Fire Herman threads Saturday night. Should be a great time. 

Texas fearing LSU....that's precious.  We're twice the program and university LSU could ever dream of becoming.  

5 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Huff, who is on our coaching staff and therefore represents the university, had the idea for the shirts. So I get it if they're a little pissy. Also, if we can get upset at Chaisson for talking shit, they can get upset at our DBs for talking shit (with their shirts).

Edited by lulz

8 hours ago, ShreveportTiger92 said:

Our MBA program sucks. Not gonna argue that.

LSU's academics suck, but Penn is better than UT. Advantage LSU?

Man, actually looking at it, it is eerie how similar LA Tech's stat lines were against both teams:

• vs Texas - 34/51, 331 yds, 6.5 avg, 2 tds, 1 int
  • vs LSU - 27/50, 330 yds, 6.6 avg, 3 tds, 1 int
  • vs Texas - 26 carries, 73 yds, 2.8 avg, long of 17
  • vs LSU - 26 carries, 87 yds, 3.3 avg, long of 17

Of course, against Texas 159 of those yards (and their 2 tds) came after the score was 38-0. It is obvious LSU is on a different level. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

...against Texas 159 of those yards (and their 2 tds) came after the score was 38-0. It is obvious LSU is on a different level. 

To be fair, most of La Tech's yards and all of their points came after LSU was up 21-0.

Of course, the big difference is how much of that came against first teamers, while the game was still in doubt (which was midway through the fourth quarter for that "another level" team).

I expected LSU fans, having seen their team actually accomplish something in the last 40 years, to have lacked the hubris and hyperbole of Georgia fans. I was clearly too optimistic.

11 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

To be fair, most of La Tech's yards and all of their points came after LSU was up 21-0.

Of course, the big difference is how much of that came against first teamers, while the game was still in doubt (which was midway through the fourth quarter for that "another level" team).

I expected LSU fans, having seen their team actually accomplish something in the last 40 years, to have lacked the hubris and hyperbole of Georgia fans. I was clearly too optimistic.

score was 21-24 in the 4th with 13 to play. 

Vs

7-38 with 13 to play in the 4th

To be fair. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

47 minutes ago, lulz said:

Huff, who is on our coaching staff and therefore represents the university, had the idea for the shirts. So I get it if they're a little pissy. Also, if we can get upset at Chaisson for talking shit, they can get upset at our DBs for talking shit (with their shirts).

There is a difference between a player directly talking shit about another team’s captain versus a group of players showing pride in the historical performance of their position at the school without referencing any other program. Do you understand the difference? Your post intimates either equivocating flaccidity or that the mental fight in the analogy section of the SAT was herculean. 

• Like 5

Posts like these are uncalled for. Yeah, LSU fans that come on here are going to have bias in favor of their team. As if each of us doesn't have an implicit Texas bias. For many it's quite explicit despite any evidence to support it. Flame the aggy trolls that come here disguised as LSU fans all you want (they are easy to spot), but lay off the hostile bullshit meltdowns just because an LSU fan has a counterpoint/differing take. That shit belongs on texags.
The whole reason I even found you assholes on the old site, about 10 years ago, was to come troll skipperj and talk shit about Baylor football (before the truth was revealed). Came to troll, stayed for the love.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Your so called "different level" team gave up over 400 yards to La Tech just last season.  Their junior QB passed for 330 on your ass.   If I remember correctly that team had Ed Alexander, Foster Moreau, Greedy Williams, Nick Brossette, Garrett Brumfield, Devin White and John Battle lining up against La Tech.  GTFO with that "different level" shit.  Those guys are all gone.    

Hardy had 10 catches for 181 and two TDs in that game. Texas held him to 3 catches for 38 yards. His third catch was against to backups in the 4th quarter.