Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

22 minutes ago, Deej said:

You can. The benefits outweigh the difficulty at the end. 

I appreciate the sentiment but this was 4th in last 15yrs and it gets harder every time. All raised from pups so u get to see personality develop and makes u love them more. 

• Like 4

Shaddie-

Something to look forward to when we are reunited with our canine kids forevermore.  All dogs go to heaven and I choose to believe will meet us again. Your next dog needs you and is already looking forward to coming home to bring you joy.  Don't miss the opportunity!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

They say you only get one good dog in life.

Whoever “they” are, they’re wrong.

All of my dogs have been like my children to me. Can’t pick a favorite and love(d) them all equally albeit differently.

Once I gave them all a chance they were the one good dog I would have in my life.  

Edit: This ^^

8 hours ago, Jim Ed Love said:

They say you only get one good dog in life, ever ones definition of a good dog is different. Some years back I had that dog and lost her. A Queensland Blue that would do anything I asked of her, and I thought at that time, the smartest dog I would ever have. She developed liver cancer at seven years old and went down hill in two months. Buried her under a two hundred year old Post Oak tree at the old home place and went to the monument company and had a marker made for her. A hundred years from now the successors of the family are going to see that Llano was a damn good dog.

Had several dogs after her but to me at that time they did not measure up, until I realized that I was comparing them all to her. Once I gave them all a chance they were all the one good dog I would have in my life.  

Those types of dogs are known as “forever” dogs.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/27/2021 at 5:34 PM, hookem2010 said:

A story in 3 parts. I don't think Donnie has forgiven us for Mango'ing up his golden years.bb6e9b1996491a72b32246473c55cf59.jpg34e124d9ca4bee90df3d416ade56730d.jpg911f7f1d07507f236973ad31a0a9d2e0.jpg

That's Penny with Blue. Haha. She snarls at her when she gets too close to her in the house. Out in the yard, though, they play and chase non-stop. If she thinks I'm not looking, she will sleep curled up with her until she realizes I see it, then she snaps at her. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Bailey is pushing 11.  Talks in her sleep, farts like a very large fat man, and is the best dog in the world (your dogs excepted, of course).  She has the cancer now, probably doesn't have much time left. 

I will miss her more than the ex-wife, for sure.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 10/26/2021 at 7:17 PM, Shaddie said:

So 13yr old blond Scottie. 
agressive cancer and not much we could do. Brought him home from vet. 1.5 weeks later he really goes down hill. I am leaving on business next day and so we decide to do it at emergency vet. 
Some crying and all goes smoothly. We go to pick up his ashes Sunday and we are driving home. Out of the bag is the wooden urn a sympathy card and then she pulls out a plaster paw print. 
I nearly lost it and crashed the car. We still have 1 left and after that just not sure I can handle this anymore. 

The last time I had to do that I got the plaster paw print. It was the thing that made me lose it too. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TOR said:

Peanut butter.  How old?

Not really sure actually. We think probably 3-5. He just showed up one day and laid down in the driveway while the garage was open. He had a cable attached to him that he must have snapped to escape from wherever. No chip, no collar, no responses online so he became part of the crew. 

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Not really sure actually. We think probably 3-5. He just showed up one day and laid down in the driveway while the garage was open. He had a cable attached to him that he must have snapped to escape from wherever. No chip, no collar, no responses online so he became part of the crew. 

Ahh, not one of her brothers then.  They were dumped on 99 about 10 years ago.  Got rescued by a friend of Shaggy and all were adopted out.  Don't see too many dogs that look like that.