Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

Yep, wife mentioned that right away, smiled and went to take a nap. We drank bourbon and kept laughing. Dog stayed about 10 feet away until realized no one was pissed. Dogs, they need treats! And shit, our fault for leaving it at nose height unguarded. Damn yorkie was gonna reach, but the Aussie could. 

• Hook 'Em 1

My Thanksgiving hosts have a cat and it stayed upstairs all day to avoid Luna.

Come bed time I'm laid out on the couch and Luna starts growling at something over my shoulder. 

It's tha cat. I told the cat to run for it just as Luna cleared me and the couch going after it. Lucky for the cat Luna is terrified of stairs.

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

51 minutes ago, stc said:

woke up yesterday morning to find one of the mutts swollen faced to the point of not being able to open her eyes. 2 rounds of benadryl and she was back to normal by this morning. i'm guessing she got stung or bit by something but i couldn't find any obvious spots. not sure, but she sure was funny looking. 

swollen.jpg

She looks like the chick in the “high” thread 2 hours after eating a gummy. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, elfenix said:

Dammit. That’s a hard sell for this thread, since we pretty much all have dogs already. I hope someone with experience, but currently dog-less finds him. Looks like a sweet boy. 

• Like 1

Two lessons learned today.

Dum dum was going bananas looking out the back windows today which usually means there’s a critter he wants to go chase. So I let him out and he charged into the woods and I see a decent size 6-8 point buck back there who ain’t backing down for shit. He lowered his antlers and went right at him. He then took off and Samson gave a brief chase and then came running back.

His mouth was bloodied up some but luckily no other injuries. He has been VERY sheepish all day, staying very close to me. He learned not to fuck around and find out with a healthy buck, and I learned I probably shouldn’t let him chase whitetails during rut.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

What a good girl.

Nonprofit says fosters needed after rescue Labrador Retriever gives birth to 14 puppies

Lady Longhorn’s puppy’s names

Boys

• Vince
  • Earl
  • Colt
  • Major
  • Sark
  • Mack

Girls

• Quinn
  • Jordan
  • Ricky
  • Sam
  • Brook
  • Jaylen
  • Sugar (Bowl)
  • Rose (Bowl)

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A former maternity nurse has now had the honor of helping her rescue Labrador Retriever deliver 14 puppies.

“She was huge,” Lori Ziemann said. “This was the largest litter that I’ve ever had the honor to help a mama with.”

The Labrador, Lady Longhorn, went into labor during the Longhorn game over the weekend when Texas beat Oklahoma State for the Big 12 Championship. Ziemann said Lady Longhorn’s delivery took awhile.

“When she delivered through the day, we put the T.V. in here,” she said. “She is a Longhorn fan now, so we could partially watch the game and cheer the Longhorns on. So, after that, we decided no, this is going to be Lady Longhorn and her 14 little longhorns.”

Lady Longhorn gave birth to six boys and eight girls– all named after notable Texas football players, including Vince, Earl, Major, Ricky and Rose– to honor the times the team has played in that bowl game.

Another pup is named Sugar, in honor of the Horns’ upcoming bowl game.

As a former maternity nurse, Ziemann said she spends some of her free time with the all-volunteer nonprofit Lucky Lab Rescue, now that all of her kids are grown up.

That nonprofit said it is in need of fosters for the pups. If you are interested in fostering or donating, you can visit the Lucky Lab Rescue website for more information.

Lady Longhorn’s puppy’s names

Boys

• Vince
  • Earl
  • Colt
  • Major
  • Sark
  • Mack

Girls

• Quinn
  • Jordan
  • Ricky
  • Sam
  • Brook
  • Jaylen
  • Sugar (Bowl)
  • Rose (Bowl)

Edited by austingirl
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 12/10/2023 at 4:40 AM, Biff Tannen said:

Just spent half the night in the ER with Biff. We were camping out at Garner State Park and he was fine hiking and playing all day, then in the tent around 9:30 he starts freaking out and having these small seizures it seems like. We threw everything in the car, including the tent and everything that was still in it, and hauled ass to the nearest emergency vet, which was 2 hours away in Boerne. 

They did a full work up on him and he got some anti-seizure meds, so ok for now. Going to the regular vet this week for a more in depth check up and probably an MRI. 

Anyone in the San Antonio/Boerne area, that vet was fucking amazing. The whole staff was great and the head vet knew her shit backwards and forwards. No wait and they even called me on my way there to get his info and everything started so we didn’t have to waste time doing it at the clinic. Not to mention I was preparing to drop close to a grand for the ER visit, and it came out to only $340.  Austin ER would have been 3x that and a 6-8 hour wait. 

Hospital: Hill Country Animal Emergency Hospital
Phone Number: +18305103338
Dr. Mallory Cade

Ugh, just dropped him off at an imaging place in Round Rock for an MRI.  They have to put him completely under to do it and this just really sucks.  I just hope he comes out of the anesthesia ok.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Ugh, just dropped him off at an imaging place in Round Rock for an MRI.  They have to put him completely under to do it and this just really sucks.  I just hope he comes out of the anesthesia ok.  

Heart of Texas in Round Rock?

Prepare your anus.