WTF? Sam Elliot is...The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then The Bigfoot

atomheartbevo

7 hours ago, DaysOff said:

See. Now this is a movie and an original idea Hollywood.

Not some remake. Not that super hero comic book shit. I'm in.

This is the correct response.

Though if it is successful, it will likely be made into a comic book, and comic book movie sequels will follow.

I would pay good money to have been in the room when this was pitched to a studio.  "Okay see, J.B., ya got the Hitler death mystery thing and the Bigfoot mystery thing! Can't miss, right?!"

Shades of "The Jaws of Satan," a pitiful mashup of Jaws snd The Exorcist, in which a giant, demon-possessed cobra escapes from a wrecked circus train and terrorizes the helpless citizens of rural Alabama.  Starring Fritz Weaver as a priest cursed by Druids and a fakey ass seven-foot snake.  

What the hell.  I like Sam.  I'm in.

Guaranteed this was inspired by The Most Interesting Man in the World commercials.  Probably a couple of guys hanging out watching TV, and it came on. One guy said "I'd watch a movie about that guy."  His screenwriter buddy replied, "hold my beer."

Edited by CooterBrown
  • Like 1

Decades after ending World War II by assassinating Adolf Hitler in an undercover operation, unsung American hero Calvin Barr is called upon by the government to hunt down the fabled Bigfoot, the carrier of a deadly plague that could destroy humanity.

So..sometime you eat the Barr, and sometimes the Barr eats you?

and the special effects were done by Douglas Trumbull.  Maybe you’ve heard of some of his work.  And he’s got an Oscar.  

Legendary filmmaker and visual effects pioneer, Douglas Trumbull, was one of the Special Photographic Effects Supervisors for 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968). He went on to become the Visual Effects Supervisor for such classics as Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977), Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979), and Blade Runner (1982)

85% on Rotten Tomatoes with 27 critic reviews. 

Critics Consensus: The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot just about lives up to the wild promise of its title, due in no small part to Sam Elliott's world-weary work in the title role.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/sam-elliott-a-star-is-born-oscar-nomination-interview-1202539369/

“I think the thing off the top of my head might be, ‘It’s about fucking time,'” jokes Sam Elliott, in the wake of his first ever Oscar nomination this morning for his supporting role in Warner Brockings’ A Star Is Born. 

He can use this movie for a 2020 bid if necessary.  

• 1 month later...