Mexico: Stealing gas from Illegally tapped gas pipeline, what could go wrong...

crash_davis

8 minutes ago, thestud said:

Go to facebook and search for Locutor Yisus Mendez Lira. He posted a half dozen pics of the aftermath. I'm not even interested in trying to post and spoiler them here. You've been warned.

Yep saw those over the weekend. I tried to put them here through tapa and it didn't work and I said fuck it. They are pretty rough

everyone posting music vids of bands other than Great White are missing the boat.

I guess the gov started the pipeline flowing again.  I they had shut it down because it was getting robbed all the time.  The gov was trucking in gas to the supply depots and it was causing huge delays in getting gas to the stations.  causing people to line up and wait for hours to get a fill up.  If you put on your tin foil hat, it would not be stretch to believe the gov dropped a match to curb the practice.

did some economic consulting for a nameless e&p that did exploration in chad and other organizations involved attempting to avoid the "resource curse."  had to build a pipeline through chad and cameroon and there was an incredible amount spent on burying the pipelines due to fears of locals literally banging rocks against a high pressure transmission line.

it was astounding to consider.

30 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

everyone posting music vids of bands other than Great White are missing the boat.

I guess the gov started the pipeline flowing again.  I they had shut it down because it was getting robbed all the time.  The gov was trucking in gas to the supply depots and it was causing huge delays in getting gas to the stations.  causing people to line up and wait for hours to get a fill up.  If you put on your tin foil hat, it would not be stretch to believe the gov dropped a match to curb the practice.

That was my first thought, though I suspected the oil company doing it. 

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

That was my first thought, though I suspected the oil company doing it. 

how can the gov remotely detonate that pipeline?  i'm sure people would notice a drone or a bomb or some kind of incendiary being dropped into the leak.  i'm ruling out a government employee committing suicide walking up to the leak with a lit cigarette in his mouth. 

this sort of thing has happened before in other places where people were stealing gas from a pipeline or overturned fuel truck.  something or someone does something stupid and boom.

On 1/21/2019 at 3:50 PM, thestud said:

Go to facebook and search for Locutor Yisus Mendez Lira. He posted a half dozen pics of the aftermath. I'm not even interested in trying to post and spoiler them here. You've been warned.

For anyone that didn't go look, here is basically what you would have seen.

89a974435b8d4c029dfb79f8cca67f80.jpg

• Like 1