NFC Championship: Rams @ Saints

TexasMan

Just now, PittsburghTiger said:

Coach said the refs said they viewed it as both players got to the ball at the same time. Horrible explanation.

I don't know how you don't just go fucking nuclear on national TV after that shit. Say your mind Payton.  You'll have a gofundme fully stocked to offset the fine. 

• Like 2

They were both blown calls and both probably cost each team a touchdown.  This wasn't a conspiracy this was typical terrible officiating.  The Saints had their chance to knock the Rams out in the first half but they only got field goals instead of touchdowns.  The only way to make sure a bad call doesn't cost you the game is to not let the other team get close enough to where that call makes a difference.  Yes it was a terrible call and I will set the over/under on the number of similar calls in the 2019 NFL season at 100.  You can fire every member of this officiating crew and it wouldn't change that number.
Get the fuck out of here with this accurate, reasoned, measured response!!
  • Like 1

That call will probably lead to PI being challengeable. 

I don’t understand how on something that easy they don’t just get it right no matter what. After they see the replay just drop a flag and say we missed it.

the last two playoff losses have been fucking brutal. 

Just now, 4th&Five said:

That call will probably lead to PI being challengeable. 

I don’t understand how on something that easy they don’t just get it right no matter what. After they see the replay just drop a flag and say we missed it.

the last two playoff losses have been fucking brutal. 

I think the NFL needs to reserve one challenge solely to PI. So in essence, you have 3 challenges a game. Being a spot foul and so subjective in nature, it has to be able to be challenged. I honestly wish it was not a spot foul. I like the college rule better. 15 yards.

8 minutes ago, longhorndude said:

But neither is as annoying as the cowboys fan base.

Only Philly fans are more annoying than us Cowboys fans. 

And I say that as a Cowboys fan who attended his first professional sporting event cheering on the Boys on a cold Monday night in Texas Stadium back in '76 as they shut down OJ and the Bills.

I could post 4 other ones they missed on the rams. Another big pi cost us a first down in the 4th Q in rams territory. The refs sucked but that was by far the most egregious pi I’ve ever seen not called and it singlehandedly changed the team that went to the SB. 

Edited by 4th&Five

Do we really want to play the blown calls? I'm pretty sure their RT was holding on nearly every play on top a whole bevy of other holds, and on a crucial 3rd down, we never saw whether or not they actually took a TO before the clock hit 00. 

None of those are nearly as bad as a call that literally ends the game. 

You’re a ducking moron if you think cowboy fans are even in the same universe as eagles fans. Of course you are a Texan fan and their fans so bad that no one cares
Texans better not lose more than 8 games for 2 years in a row or they may move to Albuquerque or Reno from lack of fans attending and watching games.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

I think the NFL needs to reserve one challenge solely to PI. So in essence, you have 3 challenges a game. Being a spot foul and so subjective in nature, it has to be able to be challenged. I honestly wish it was not a spot foul. I like the college rule better. 15 yards.

This idea may finally be a way to keep these motherfucking prima dona defensive backs from hanging all over the receivers when they go down the field. The only problem I can see is that after you've used one, they'll start back up. If the coach wins the challenge, he gets another one.

It was always a mistake to let these primadonas hold. If you go back to the old rules you'll have a lot of open receivers. How do you counter this? You stop offensive lineman  from being able to hold, forcing the QB to hurry up his throw. The game becomes less predictable. Wilder. Fuck this league as it is now.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

Also, the refs who missed the call should all be fired.

One of them shoulda called it. The others who just watched with their hands on their dicks, fuck 'em. Find another line of work. One you're capable of doing. If the refs start calling this shit, the Dbacks will eventually stop doing it on every play.

LOL at the rant that the defense somehow has an advantage in the way the game is called now.  That was an obvious PI and blow to the head but jesus this league has completely tilted to the offense in general....go watch a game from the 70s or 80s and then come back

Edited by Surly Bevo

3 minutes ago, Snacks said:

I just got off a plane...

Wholly shit the refs are going to need a private security detaila and a decoy plane to get out of there...

How in the hell does that PI get missed? That lookes intentional to save a what might have been a TD.

He said that’s what he was doing. 

30 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

You’re a ducking moron if you think cowboy fans are even in the same universe as eagles fans. Of course you are a Texan fan and their fans so bad that no one cares

Whatever, I’ve lived my life surrounded by “America’s team” fans living in the past so I know what annoying blow hards y’all are.  And yes I’m a proud Texans fan for all our mediocrity.