The House Oversight Committee 2019

Hugo Stiglitz

4 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

perjury for saying he is a good lawyer.

the dumbest timeline.

Lets say JJ gets his way and DOJ files charges against Cohen for saying he was a good lawyer and that his preference was not to work in the WH.  Will this be a jury trial in DC?

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Really the best thing to happen to journalism in general in a long time. 

I think there's some truth to that. If nothing else, Trump has exposed the myth that there are two valid sides to every story, and the journalistic infotainment-like product, that has poisoned the news since the early 90s.

11 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, the weapons will be there but who will wield them?  The GOP is nothing without Trump. The Republicans have gone all in on a cult leader.   

Where does the party leadership come from without their TrumpGod.

11 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

My worry is the Republicans will find someone far worse than Trump to wear the crown.  Someone smart and far more destructive. 

Like a young Mitch McConnell.

It seems pretty obvious to me. 

D0XWmqXXcA06ktJ?format=jpg&name=900x900

5 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Gym Jordan is easily one of the stupidest motherfuckers in government.  He make SJL look like Thomas Jefferson.

its hard to fathom what it takes for someone to listen to that guy and go.... yeah I’m voting for that dude.  

Morons 

Speaking of rhythmic slapping...

If Joe Pedo and his boy (fucker) Sandusky represented the R party and the Pedo St fans were Republicans... we'd have 40% of the country trying to justify their whole mess at Penn State.  There is zero doubt in my mind that's exactly how it would go down.  Unfuckingbelievable.  Team over literally everything. 

• Like 1

It did start with Gingrich and Rush.  But before everybody, including myself, starts rattling off team before country, best get the order right.  It's money, then team, then country.  Everything is up for sale with these capitalist sluts.  But let's watch the noose tighten on DOTARD Jr and see what Grifter Sr does.  

9 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I love their continuing misunderstanding of attorney client privilege. 

Attorney client privilege doesn't mean you can do all matter of illegal activity through your lawyer, and he has to protect you from it. 

I object!

The Tea Party injected a whole lot of stupid into the GOP. 

This. Their rise coincided with me ditching Dudley and Bob in my car each morning for NPR...and all the shenanigoats that came with their BS was when I decided I’m never voting R again.

29 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The best part is according to the Cohen tape, Trump wanted to pay in cash initially but Cohen talked him out of it.

Dotard got played by his own attorney, who couldn't wait to produce the check copy at a later date.  Love it. (Well, actually HATE it, but you know....)

https://web.archive.org/web/20190228180651/https://gop.com/rnc-announces-additions-to-rnc-finance-leadership-team/

“I am delighted to announce the addition of these longtime friends of the Party and supporters of this administration to our Finance leadership team,” said Chairwoman McDaniel. “Elliott Broidy, Michael Cohen, and Louis DeJoy will serve as National Deputy Finance Chairmen, and Brian Ballard, Bob Grand, Gordon Sondland, Geoff Verhoff, and Ron Weiser will serve as Regional Vice-Chairmen. Together this team will employ their extraordinary talent and understanding of Americans across the country to maintain and build upon our unprecedented fundraising success.”

“Our team is dedicated to the goal of increasing the number of Republican senators and representatives in the Congress, with the firm belief that all Americans will enjoy the benefits of a better future," said Chairman Wynn. "The challenge of guiding a swollen and overreaching government to a position that serves its citizens in a truly efficient manner will be best served by the leadership our team hopes to achieve."

Michael Cohen, National Deputy Chairman

“Mr. Cohen is currently the personal attorney to President Donald J. Trump. He served for more than a decade as Executive Vice President Special Counsel to President Trump at the Trump Organization and has sat on the boards of multiple Trump organizations, including Trump Productions, the Eric Trump Foundation, and the Miss Universe Organization. In addition to raising millions of dollars for his campaign, Mr. Cohen has been an active spokesperson and advisor for the President during his interest in seeking office since 2011.”

I think that one of the things that the Dems missed pointing out in the hearing.  They should have repeatedly asked him if he had met the the Republicans criticizing him in his Rold as The GOP Deputy Finance Chairman?  Just keep touching on the fact he was the GOP's Finance person after each attack related to Bank Fraud. I think the GOP is going to have a very uphill battle convicing THEMSELVES that as the folks testify that confirm and reconfirm the President's misdeeds, they will be on the winning side in 2020 supporting the President blindly (as did Cohen Coincidentally).

When Bret Baier was asking Jim Jordan about the GOP not addressing the subject matter being discussed by Cohen it was an awkward moment. Just yell liar, liar, pants on fire.

I found it particularly interesting regarding  Mark Meadows when he was adamently defending himself against being called a racist was his saying that most people don't know he has black familiy members.  Indeed, the fact that Cummings knew of this "secret" was also indicative of how close the relationship is between Cummings and Meadows.  Wonder why "most folks" don't know this detail about Meadows family?  the question is rhetorical 😉 .

What I believe is the biggest falsehood about partisanship and tribal politics, is that if it were a Democratic President, the Dems would be acting just like the Republicans. I know folks will point to Clinton and his perjury after 7 years of investigation and collusion to create a perjury trap between Starr and Tripp. However the truth is that NONE of us would have said the GOP would collectively have accepted every lie as fact.  Accepting abuse and misuse of Government funds by endless Cabinet memebers.  Accept putting Natonal Security in jeopardy, And the list goes on.  The Dems because of their much more fractured nature would have held the President accountable the last two years to at least some degree with a Democratic President. 

·

Kyle Griffin:

Swalwell on Cohen's closed door hearing: "We truly were at the edge of our seats listening intently as Mr. Cohen told us information that he certainly did not tell us in October 2017 … We expect him to come back on Wednesday with corroborating docs."

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/swalwell-confirms-cohen-game-changing-closed-door-testimony-1450956355873

15 minutes ago, horn4life said:

What I believe is the biggest falsehood about partisanship and tribal politics, is that if it were a Democratic President, the Dems would be acting just like the Republicans. 

I think a better way to frame this is imagine Trump as a democrat and giving the democrats all the judges and rubber stamps they wanted.

Would they protect him?  Up to a point for sure.

But their protection would come at a much higher political price than the republicans are currently paying because the democrats don’t have the same kind of deceptive and insidious propaganda infrastructure built in.  I know conservatives will laugh at this because they’ve believe the MSM is nothing but a mouthpiece for democrats.  The difference is the MSM still plays by a basic set of rules the Limbaughs and Hannitys choose to ignore.  Also, the Hannitys and Limbaughs would be going ballistic on Trump if he were a democrat.

So yeah, there would be some partisan loyalty if the tables were turned but it wouldn’t be nearly as pronounced.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Note that Cohen, throughout everything, remains an ‘uncooperating witness.’

It’s not hard to imagine Cohen’s interfaces by virtue of his decade long role for Trump envelope a whole lot of other people - ppl with a lot more power and money than Trump.  

Then there’s Lanny Davis offering free legal support, while not actually representing him.  All very interesting.

Edited by triplehorn

4 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Yes, that

And it’s not just any Russians mobster.  It’s Dmitry Firtash who happens to fall in the Cambridge Analytica, Mogelivich, and Mercer nexus. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/michael-cohen-lanny-davis-russia-716413/amp/

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz