The House Oversight Committee 2019

Hugo Stiglitz

7 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

1. Conspiracy to defraud the United States (collusion) - Cohen's allegation that Trump and Stone spoke about the impending Wikileaks release of DNC emails before they were released with Stone asserting to Trump that he had communicated with Assange.

2. False statements - In response to a written question from Mueller, Trump reportedly denied ever having spoken to Stone about Wikileaks. Cohen said this is false.

3. False statements - In response to a written question from Mueller, Trump reportedly denied knowing about Don Jr's Trump Tower Meeting with Russians. Cohen said this is false.

4. Campaign finance violations - Cohen provided a check that shows that Trump reimbursed him for the $130,000 he paid to Stormy Daniels to conceal their affair.

5. Conspiracy to defraud the United States (election fraud) - Cohen alleged that Trump directed him and Allen Weisselberg of the Trump Organization to conceal his affair with Stormy Daniels with the intention of fraudulently influencing an election.

6. False statements on a loan application - Cohen brought Trump's partial financial records for 2011-2013 that Cohen alleged showed that Trump falsely inflated the value of his assets to obtain a loan in order to purchase the Buffalo Bills

7. Insurance fraud - Cohen alleged that Trump would make false insurance claims

8. Tax fraud - Cohen alleged that Trump would knowingly provide inaccurate lower values of his properties in order to fraudulently obtain tax benefits

9. Witness tampering - Cohen said that Trump's threatening tweets were an attempt to intimidate him, saying Trump could do "a lot" to hurt him and his family.

10. Suborning perjury - Cohen says that in a meeting in the White House, Trump indicated that he wanted Cohen to provide a false message saying "No Russia. No collusion."

11. Suborning perjury - Cohen says that Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow edited his Congressional testimony to falsely shorten the duration of the negotiations on the Trump Moscow project.

12. Obstruction of a Congressional proceeding - The witness tampering and the suborning perjury constitutes obstruction of a Congressional proceeding

13. Perjury - Cohen says that Trump's 2013 sworn testimony that he wouldn't recognize Felix Sater was clearly false, explaining that Sater had an office on the same floor as Trump in Trump Tower.

14. Illegal use of charity assets for personal benefit - Cohen alleged that Trump directed him to get a straw bidder to buy a portrait of Trump at an auction and that Trump then directed the Trump Foundation to reimburse the fake bidder with its assets.

Edited by retread
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, tjhooker said:

LOL the conservatives are trolls because of course you don't agree with them.  I was here all day BTW. 

Technically, you were here for a few minutes and then you went all bitch and starting whining to the mods.

Let's be transparent.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

LOL the conservatives are trolls because of course you don't agree with them.  I was here all day BTW. 

Conservatives are trolls because there are no such thing as conservatives anymore

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Like 4

finally caught up.  been on a dvr delay all day.

my favorite recurring theme of the day from the right:

"he's a liar, this whole thing is ridiculous and a sham and it's a disgrace and embarrassment that we're even holding these hearings...

...but since we're here, i'm gonna read my prepared remarks and grandstand for about 4 minutes and 55 seconds."

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Technically, you were here for a few minutes and then you went all bitch and starting whining to the mods.

Let's be transparent.

Did he report brisket again to the mods for pissing on his lawn causing him to feel kinda insecure in his safe space? 

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

finally caught up.  been on a dvr delay all day.

my favorite recurring theme of the day from the right:

"he's a liar, this whole thing is ridiculous and a sham and it's a disgrace and embarrassment that we're even holding these hearings...

...but since we're here, i'm gonna read my prepared remarks and grandstand for about 4 minutes and 55 seconds."

Par for the course.

27 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Trump and MAGA morons aren't conservatives.

I like taking guns away early,  Take the guns first, go through due process second.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

The resident surly trolls have been awfully quiet today. Are they coming back soon? Is it safe now or have the talking points not quite arrived yet? 

I have no talking points. I was working today so I didn’t get to watch a second. What did you learn today that you didn’t know, if you believe Cohen?

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I have no talking points. I was working today so I didn’t get to watch a second. What did you learn today that you didn’t know, if you believe Cohen?

I learned Cohen believes that trump won’t voluntarily give up power even if he loses the 2020 election. I suspected this to be the case but have now had it confirmed by someone on the inside of the trump criminal organization. 

How about you? Does that testimony bring forth your faux even handedness? Or is Cohen just a liar “rat” like his former 10 year boss and the former RNC financial VP. 

6 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

The President of the United States paid bribe money in the form of a check that he personally signed more than 7 months after he took office.

The check was shown.  Maybe you missed it.

I'm betting you probably don't think it's such a bad thing for a sitting President to be paying out bribes, but here we are. 

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I learned a few things:

1.  If the FBI or any law enforcement agency wants to investigate a criminal organization, they do NOT want to talk to anyone who was or is in that organization cause they are criminals.

2.  If a form says list any foreign government you have a contract with and you fail to list a company  that has any foreign government ownership whatsoever, then you are a GOTDAM liar!! (If you are a Trump family member this does not count).

3.  Scrutinizing wrongdoing by a Repub president is a waste of time that the American people are not interested in.  What we really need to be investigating is Hillary and Rosenstein!  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I think Trump's going down.

He has to survive 614 days.... How long did this investigation take to get to court? I think he survives, but is tarnished and has no hopes. He elects to not rerun (cleaning the swamp) and hands off to some limp dick who will pardon him.

25 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

You know what, let's forget all about collusion and Russians.  

None of that happened.

Are you good with everything else that has transpired with this President?  Would you accept a Democratic president doing the same exact things while in office?  

Are you ok with a President never, ever releasing his taxes?  You good with possible tax evasion by the Commander in Chief?

How about insurance fraud?  You ok with this too?

How about conspiracy to commit fraud against the United States, by paying off women the President has slept with prior to an election.  Is that acceptable behavior for a President in your eyes?

Point I'm making.  You bitches all want to point your fingers and say stupid shit like "Where's Russians and collusion" while conveniently ignoring every other questionable and criminal act that is going on under your noses.  That's the real collusion.

You have to remember that Bill Clinton once got a BJ and Hillary had some emails on a server.