Texas recruiting notes 2019

6 hours ago, angelos's frog said:

I know a little bit about this kid and his family.  He went to St. Andrews (Catholic) for elementary school, spent a year or two at Trinity Valley (secular private) and then went to Nolan (Catholic).  St. Andrews and Nolan are ok but not really top notch academic schools.  Even FWISD offers better options academically than Nolan and St. Andrews.  Trinity Valley is very good academically but not so great in football and it ain't Catholic either.  What that tells me about the family is that given the option, they're going to gravitate towards the Catholic school over the secular school especially since Notre Dame checks all the academic boxes as well.

It was Trinity Valley then over to St. Andrews.

4 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Alex Okafor just bought a condo in my building. He is a large man. I have also met Bryce Cottrell a few times; he started a vodka company with a mutual friend. Todd Reesing lives there, too. He is a small man.

I met todd reesing a few years ago through mutual friends.  it was crazy, I absolutely could not believe that guy won the orange bowl.  he looked like a little scrawny ex frat star.  if I didn’t know who he was I’d have seriously doubted he could have been the backup qb for intramurals.

• Like 1

Our negligence or inability to be a factor in AZ has pissed me off for the last 10 years.  

Im so glad to see us making our presence met in AZ UT and MO.  

Theres no reason that we shouldnt be able to give elite kids a legit option to the SoCal schools and the instate schools

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Carrington likes to have fun with his followers on social media. Don't read so much into all of his tweets.

Sure, that's one way to go but I choose to believe that Leal is now a silent double agent for Texas.  He will destroy the aggey class from the inside.  

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Sure, that's one way to go but I choose to believe that Leal is now a silent double agent for Texas.  He will destroy the aggey class from the inside.  

It's the only possible conclusion. 

20 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

It's behind their stupid VIP thing, but I think Liebrock just got a Texas CB.

13 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

He did indeed, from a USC mod.

I'll take it, but I'll be really excited when an ASU mod puts in a Texas CB.

He lives less than 15 miles from that campus and he's really high on them. (My god they're going to be a shit show the next few years, but he probably grew up dreaming of being a Sun Devil. Hopefully he let's the shit show play out and makes the smart decision.)

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I'll take it, but I'll be really excited when an ASU mod puts in a Texas CB.

He lives less than 15 miles from that campus and he's really high on them. (My god they're going to be a shit show the next few years, but he probably grew up dreaming of being a Sun Devil. Hopefully he let's the shit show play out and makes the smart decision.)

But then, we don’t want the same scenario with Higgins or Wilson. 

The most likely scenario for this class is a heavy out of state influence. After the 5 we have now, I could see Jake Smith and Liebrock, Tongue, Wiley (in state), Banks (in state), Cataln (in state), Wright (in state), Leal (in state) Johnson, Wilkins, McCoy, Lytle, Davis, Cain, Houston, Major, and an out of state DE plus the best OL available.

EJ after dark: Thoughts from road

— Four-star Grayson (GA) defensive back Kenyatta Watson II publicly gave Texas a verbal commitment last week. Watson built a strong relationship with the staff and actually gave a silent commitment a month before announcing his decision. Texas has done a tremendous job of recruiting out-of-state prospects this cycle, and Watson was no different. He fell in love with the program, the city of Austin and the family feel on campus. For recruits looking for a truly different experience away from home, Texas is becoming a very appealing option.

— I spent a lot of time with Watson’s father, Kenyatta Sr., who is actually a coach at Grayson, during my time in Georgia today. He told me that he fully supported his son’s decision to go further away from home. Kenyatta Sr. also loves the Texas coaching staff, specifically Jason Washington. He said Washington did a tremendous job winning him and Kenyatta’s mother over with his genuine personality. Kenyatta Sr. added that he fully believes in the future of the program and is happy with the family decision.

— I had an opportunity to watch Watson in person during 7v7 in Los Angeles earlier this offseason. But this was my first chance to watch him in pads. Watson was equally as impressive. In coverage drills, Watson showed elite level technique and athleticism. Like most tall cornerbacks, Watson still needs to work on his hips, but he’s an explosive player. Watson still has a ton of upside and potential and if corner doesn’t work out, he can move to nickel or safety. With that said, I really do like him as a corner and think he can excel there at the next level. I know his tape has been questioned, but I think he’s the type of kid you need to see in person.

— Washington will be by Grayson tomorrow to check in on Watson. But two 2020 prospects he needs to keep an eye are defensive lineman Jadyn Boss and wide receiver Ryan King. Both are starting to pick up major steam on the recruiting trail. It wouldn’t be surprising to see Texas jump in the mix.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

I guess it could be Liebrock as well. TFB said it would be a position of need.

yeah, looking at the team, WR really wouldnt be what youd call a "position of need" and thats what Tongue is being recruited at. 

So, its obviously Leal. 

I hope, I hope

1 minute ago, NorLa Horns said:

yeah, looking at the team, WR really wouldnt be what youd call a "position of need" and thats what Tongue is being recruited at. 

So, its obviously Leal. 

I hope, I hope

I was thinking Tongue eventually ends up as a linebacker here, but I suppose that's no guarantee.

8 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

Someone on TFB asked if the commit was from Texas, and they replied that if answered, then it'd give it away.  

So it's probably Tongue.

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Liebrock isn't from Texas either. 

The exact wording was "perhaps someone else will let it slip".

Hence, Tongue.

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

The most likely scenario for this class is a heavy out of state influence. After the 5 we have now, I could see Jake Smith and Liebrock, Tongue, Wiley (in state), Banks (in state), Cataln (in state), Wright (in state), Leal (in state) Johnson, Wilkins, McCoy, Lytle, Davis, Cain, Houston, Major, and an out of state DE plus the best OL available.

Chris Adimora oos too

I think we really are in it for Steele