Texas recruiting notes 2019

The USC people are saying that his whole OV weekend will be about showing him LA can be a "college town" since he grew up loving them but likes the ATX vibe. It's not a Nana-style religion sell. We can win this.
Good luck getting LA to give a single fuck about the colleges in town..especially during the off season. To be fair though, it seems less Austinites live and die by UT football these days, not sure it was ever a rabid college town..

Good luck getting LA to give a single fuck about the colleges in town..especially during the off season. To be fair though, it seems less Austinites live and die by UT football these days, not sure it was ever a rabid college town..

This is what the top 10 rule (or 7% now) gets you.

My opinion.

42 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

This is what the top 10 rule (or 7% now) gets you.

My opinion.

That, and all the transplants who either bring their own collegiate allegiances or come from places where college football is nothing more than background noise.

11 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Jordan Shipley did okay at the next level after scorching powerhouses like Hico, Bandera, Ingram, and Llano in high school.  Jake Smith will do just fine in college ball.  

shipley put up considerably better numbers in high school than jake smith. 

11 minutes ago, futureman said:

shipley put up considerably better numbers in high school than jake smith. 

So Jake Smith must be playing against better competition.  I get it now.  

I also wonder what Jake Smith's receiving stats would look like if he did not split time at RB.  

Edited by lemonandaturd

Jake Smith is supposed to be checking out USC this weekend on his official. The Trojans are also going to redesignate The Angels as a famous college town.

Any of you gumshoe sleuths with contacts with the USC $9.95-ers know whether Smith made it to the land of King Prius this weekend?

5 minutes ago, XOVERX said:

Jake Smith is supposed to be checking out USC this weekend on his official. The Trojans are also going to redesignate The Angels as a famous college town.

Any of you gumshoe sleuths with contacts with the USC $9.95-ers know whether Smith made it to the land of King Prius this weekend?

Just wait for @TrojanPrincess to report on all things USC from this weekend. She's reasonably objective, as football fans go, so if she says it went well, it went well. If it didn't, she'll say that, too.

Or, you could wait for EJ's latte to cool off so he can write an update tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Or, you could wait for EJ's latte to cool off so he can write an update tomorrow.

You can write it today, USC surging. Texas has a chance since it gets the last official, but it will have to hit a home run.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

You can write it today, USC surging. Texas has a chance since it gets the last official, but it will have to hit a home run.

"USC really sold him on being able to start right away. He has a great relationship with Tee Martin and he plans on majoring in film these hurdles might be too much for Texas to imagine overcome.  I am changing my pick to cloudy "

Did I do that right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Unless something has changed, Jake Smith is listed as OVing to USC next weekend, not this one.

You're right, M.  False alarm on my part re this weekend.  It's the 18th.  Better to be wrong early than late, lol?

2 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Just wait for @TrojanPrincess to report on all things USC from this weekend. She's reasonably objective, as football fans go, so if she says it went well, it went well. If it didn't, she'll say that, too.

His official to USC will be in late June, if he decides to still take it.

20 hours ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Seriously. We get this guy, and a large part of our offensive problems are solved. Jordan Shipley gave us an automatic 5 yards similar to a game changing running back with a shitty oline. I think the McCaffrey and Harvin comparisons are within reason, but the guy has what it takes irregardless of competition level, and anyone can see that in his tape. I think some WRs are attracted to UT, because they see Rising and the kind of ball he throws and they envision receiving TD passes from him in games that matter.

Helpful hint:  people will think you are smarter if you stop using the word "irregardless."

• Like 9

2 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Helpful hint:  people will think you are smarter if you stop using the word "irregardless."

Sure, that would be the nucular option but only if he has a rapist's wit. 

Edited by stork642

E.J. Holland: UT partnering with SMU for Dallas satellite camp

Texas has scheduled another summer satellite camp. Horns247 has learned that the Longhorns are partnering with SMU and will be a part of the Mustangs’ on-campus camp in Dallas in early June. Texas will also hold in-state satellite camps in Commerce, Houston, Marshall and San Marcos. The Longhorns will have a pair of on-campus camps as well. The Longhorns also have two out-of-state satellite camps scheduled in Saint Louis and Los Angeles. Expect UT to continued to schedule summer satellite camps over the next few weeks.

15 minutes ago, satyanash said:

E.J. Holland: UT partnering with SMU for Dallas satellite camp

Hide contents

Texas has scheduled another summer satellite camp. Horns247 has learned that the Longhorns are partnering with SMU and will be a part of the Mustangs’ on-campus camp in Dallas in early June. Texas will also hold in-state satellite camps in Commerce, Houston, Marshall and San Marcos. The Longhorns will have a pair of on-campus camps as well. The Longhorns also have two out-of-state satellite camps scheduled in Saint Louis and Los Angeles. Expect UT to continued to schedule summer satellite camps over the next few weeks.

So the camps on campus will be UTL and??????

Also love the idea of camping in St Louis. 

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2018/5/13/17350196/dallas-warmack-brandon-kennedy-graduate-transfer-texas-longhorns

We already knew about Alabama OG Dallas Warmack, but what about Alabama backup OC Brandon Kennedy? 

We are going to have at least 3-4 guys leave by the time fall camp starts so no need to think about only having 2 scholarships left.