Texas recruiting notes 2019

35 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I think I’m starting to lose interest in the sport. The filthy recruiting shenanigans are an ass whip.

Your mom was up to some filthy shenanigans last night when she tried to use an ass whip on me. Glad I got outta there fast.

Super K said this on Shepherd:

***Shepherd hasn’t visited TAMU for a while and he may not visit for a while. I can’t go into details but as of right now, let’s just say there is a very compelling reason why Shepherd can’t/won’t be on Texas A&M’s campus this summer. And because of that reason, it’s making it very hard for TAMU to recruit Shepherd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

I think I’m starting to lose interest in the sport. The filthy recruiting shenanigans are an ass whip.

Everyday, I question why I obsessively check the recruiting threads. I miss those days before I found the Shag; just watching games and enjoying all the Ws.

Kinda wish I didn't sell my tickets  2004-2007.  Figured I could go to games after I graduated and got a job. 

Now I'm trapped at work all day nervously checking on the alleged feelings and desires of 17yr old boys. 

Younger self would cunt-punt the shit out of me. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Hamm Lite put in his CB for Texas. 

Brewster is having a field day with the ag 995'rs, they believe everything he says and he is known to always overestimate. Bud Elliott discussed how Brewster always won or "did not want" a kid if they went elsewhere on a pod after the regime change at fsu, it'll take a few years of for aggie to catch on or maybe not.

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Not surprising. Perroni drinks the kool-aid sometimes but he's fairly level headed. 

He's not falling for the obvious "building up the suspense" move here. 

He was the straight guy to Hamm, since Hamm left Perroni has fallen off the wagon.

5 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Brewster is having a field day with the ag 995'rs, they believe everything he says and he is known to always overestimate. Bud Elliott discussed how Brewster always won or "did not want" a kid if they went elsewhere on a pod after the regime change at fsu, it'll take a few years of for aggie to catch on or maybe not.

This has always been his MO. He's getting everybody, his competitors are a bunch of fucking clowns who don't know what they're doing, and then anyone he doesn't get - he didn't want and they'll bust elsewhere. There are shades of this with Carrington at Texas, btw. 

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This has always been his MO. He's getting everybody, his competitors are a bunch of fucking clowns who don't know what they're doing, and then anyone he doesn't get - he didn't want and they'll bust elsewhere. There are shades of this with Carrington at Texas, btw. 

And Giles.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Carrington doesn't seem to throw much shade.  Seems like what makes him so popular with recruits is his genuine desire for them to succeed no matter where they go. Keepin' it "real" and stuff.

22 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I wonder if it has anything to do with Brew's recruiting violation from the last time Shepherd was on their campus.

It was a photo of Shepard & Green, correct? Green has been on campus since so, that would not be the reason behind it. 

31 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Everyday, I question why I obsessively check the recruiting threads. I miss those days before I found the Shag; just watching games and enjoying all the Ws.

Kinda wish I didn't sell my tickets  2004-2007.  Figured I could go to games after I graduated and got a job. 

Now I'm trapped at work all day nervously checking on the alleged feelings and desires of 17yr old boys. 

Younger self would cunt-punt the shit out of me. 

Sounds like something a butt pirate would say. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Are you saying that you aren't satisfied now with all the Ls and bitching about Giles' ability as a recruiter?

I miss the RC didn’t offer excuse.  This strategy  will have to do.  If they are going to say Shep is not allowed on campus, this will hopefully work against those short sighted dipshits when it comes to Demas next year.

***Shepherd hasn’t visited TAMU for a while and he may not visit for a while. I can’t go into details but as of right now, let’s just say there is a very compelling reason why Shepherd can’t/won’t be on Texas A&M’s campus this summer. And because of that reason, it’s making it very hard for TAMU to recruit Shepherd.

There there is a compelling reason he can’t visit this summer?

already committed to Texas?

Girlfriend?

Recruiting violation by Aggy?

20 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

So if Green de-commits, then it turns to a violation? Makes zero sense. 

aggy could have easily worked out a compromise when they self-reported to the NCAA. Since Green was already committed when it happened as opposed to Shepherd not being a commit, we will not bring Shepherd back on campus in lieu of any other penalties.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

It was Jimbo's turn in the gloryhole when he visited?

2 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Wonder if we're slow playing him.  Hope not.  Hope we don't Cokered here.  This is the kind of guy Patterson kills us with.

And then we take them and end up with a Cameron Townsend situation... and I say that having expected him to contribute mountains more than what he has

3 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Wonder if we're slow playing him.  Hope not.  Hope we don't Cokered here.  This is the kind of guy Patterson kills us with.

He's probably behind the Cali LB that Texas is "surging" with and the St Louis kid as well. Probably behind the other Cali kid as well.

because it's Texas A&M's campus?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

He's probably behind the Cali LB that Texas is "surging" with and the St Louis kid as well. Probably behind the other Cali kid as well.

Tufono, Cooper and Heimuli.

Also, speaking of Ro Simon - FAST is franchising:

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1