Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

36 minutes ago, Bevo said:

He is from California. Anyway, I like the film. He catches well out of the backfield and has excellent speed and quickness. He reminds me of a talented Brett Robin.

Is he a relative? I see a guy with solid straight line speed, okay burst, and okay size. Respectable hands for an RB. Dunno how he's a 4-star

We're playing Bama in a few years, and the 2019 class will be seniors in the first game and those who remain will be 5th year guys for the second, and the 2020 class will be 3rd and 4th year guys for those two games. We better not bring a knife to a gun fight on the defensive line for those games. 

• Like 1

EJ after dark: Texas making power move with key LB target

— From speaking to several sources, we have reason to believe the Longhorns are making a power move in the recruitment of four-star Punahou (HI) inside linebacker Maninoa Tufono. Washington holds 100 percent of Crystal Ball picks, and he is a legacy, but we are told that Texas is making the stronger push at this time. Texas defensive coordinator Todd Orlando and recruiting staffer Jake Langi, who has strong Polynesian ties, are making him a top priority this cycle. With a strong official visit this fall, we wouldn’t be surprised if Texas becomes the team to beat.

— I am told that the Texas A&M commits have been recruiting four-star offensive lineman Javonne Shepherd extremely hard. I am also told that Shepherd has a better relationship with the Aggies class and that A&M is closing the gap a bit. Texas A&M actually hosted Shepherd’s trainer and mentor, Rischad Whitfield aka Footwork King, for a visit today. Shepherd is still slated to be at Texas on Friday, but the Longhorns need to regain some momentum with a strong visit.

— I wrote about five-star cornerback Dwight McGlothern and called Texas a major player since the Longhorns are in his Top 4. Right now, I don’t have a Crystal Ball pick in for him but if I had to make a prediction, I would go with Texas A&M. There is a lot of A&M influence in this recruitment, and I am told there is some pressure for him to make an early decision. As I’ve reported, the move to Dallas should help Texas as Deion Sanders is fond of Tom Herman and the A&M influence is back in Houston. But the Longhorns need to get him to hold off on pulling the trigger anytime soon.

— Texas is set to host a pair of big-time 2021 recruits this weekend in North Shore wide receiver Shadrach Banks and Houston Bellaire Episcopal offensive lineman Donovan Jackson. Banks already holds offers from Alabama, Baylor, Miami, Texas A&M and others, while Jackson has scholarships in hand from Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M and others. Both are prospects to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

I'm more disheartened that we didn't keep our foot on the gas with Shepherd, apparently, or that the guys we do have on board aren't recruiting him hard. If he doesn't show this weekend we could be back to a 50/50 square one equation with that kid. And last I heard he wasn't coming? No 9.95er seems to consistently know who the fuck is showing this weekend and who isn't.

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm more disheartened that we didn't keep our foot on the gas with Shepherd, apparently, or that the guys we do have on board aren't recruiting him hard. If he doesn't show this weekend we could be back to a 50/50 square one equation with that kid. And last I heard he wasn't coming? No 9.95er seems to consistently know who the fuck is showing this weekend and who isn't.

We should have pushed for a commitment 

Edited by Neonmoon
Grammar is hard
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Any current commits recruiting hard like Malik did back when he was a Senior in HS via twitter, snap, etc.?  Doesnt seem like it. 

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

3bf4ff46b7b5becacb3cd057312306a7d6ce0f0f

My only surprise is that Sydney is conducting the 9.95er panic train this morning

Panic Train? GFY. But if you're telling me at times that this staff, while I'm generally happy with the results and the way they recruit on a number of levels, isn't prone to shooting themselves in the dick, well, then agree to disagree man. Ignoring the obvious coaches who gargle balls at recruiting shit, a perfect example is not putting offers on the table for stud DL like Sylvester and that other fellow who loves Texas. Etc.

We gotta get back on this Footwork King's good side. If my name is Footwork King you know what I bet I really like? Shoes. UT has to have all kinds of cool shoes just sitting in boxes. So next time the Footwork King comes to campus, make sure he gets like 3 or 4 pairs of cool shoes. I bet Footwork King would love that.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We gotta get back on this Footwork King's good side. If my name is Footwork King you know what I bet I really like? Shoes. UT has to have all kinds of cool shoes just sitting in boxes. So next time the Footwork King comes to campus, make sure he gets like 3 or 4 pairs of cool shoes. I bet Footwork King would love that.  

105b0c48bf379bac942c7208a6a95f91--hook-e

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

We are in the phase of overreacting to nothing which means the season is getting close. 

Yep.  EJ is probably just drumming up suspense and trying to get a rise out of the aggy board.   Ain't worried about it until the brainiacs say something.