Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

So the thread blew up fast, but currently it seems like Warren flipped to us from the Frogs, and we're gonna go back to Gabriel Hall and Preston Wilson, as well as a developmental type guy ala Christian Jones? Well I guess those of us who were curious where the big bodies were coming from this cycle got our answer.

Edited by BornAndRaised

28 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Welp, looks like Warren might have straight-up flipped (EJ just CB'd him to the good guys)

You can always count on there being something expensive in the background of one of his photos. Beat headphones and Macbook. Talk about confidence issues good lord.

43 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Two things - 

- Every person that has tweeted at him needs to flush their phones down the fucking toilet.

It’s just a bunch of aggies being led by DFigs and NoFigs pretending to be crazy UT fans.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

My other guess would be wondering how Brannon Brown has developed over the past 12 months and what his Sr film looks like.  He looks like the kind of kid who could turn into a Kerstetter-type prospect from his relatively doughy junior year to his senior campaign.  I could see him as a potentially valuable C prospect, and heavens knows we need that badly this cycle.

Hot take: Met Brannon Brown last summer (‘17). He seemed like a really nice kid, which has nothing to do with football. He has good size, was fairly nimble for his size, but he didn’t come across to me as the kind of guy we would be pursuing. Reminded me a lot of Chris Hall and some of those types.  I haven’t seen a single snap of him playing, so I can’t comment on how he looks on the field. 

Pretty worthless, but that’s all I’ve got. 

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Hot take: Met Brannon Brown last summer (‘17). He seemed like a really nice kid, which has nothing to do with football. He has good size, was fairly nimble for his size, but he didn’t come across to me as the kind of guy we would be pursuing. Reminded me a lot of Chris Hall and some of those types.  I haven’t seen a single snap of him playing, so I can’t comment on how he looks on the field. 

Pretty worthless, but that’s all I’ve got. 

6lKyZu.gif

43 minutes ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Can you of you important people give the recruiting skinny on Warren, por favor?  

No idea if I qualify but from the little info out there ... 

Small school kid, late bloomer who has grown a lot in the last 18 months. Plays basketball as well. Had a broken wrist and during recovery reshaped his body. Doesn't really do the camp circuit.  <----  it's almost the same summary as T'Vondre Sweat, when you look at it. He's looks like he's exactly the kind of player Dantonio, Patterson, and Gundy have made a living out of. Stash the small school multi-sport kid and hope none of the blue bloods come after him - give him a RS year and let him catch up to his growth and throw him into the 2 deep as a RS Soph. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I mean . . . they won a Rose Bowl and had six top-ten finishes over the last decade.

And yet they only shared the conference title one time. (Not that Texas has much room to talk wrt our conference championships)

Edited by irishtexan

22 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Jeremy Clark just mentioned that warren won’t be the only decommitment, but he didn’t specify who it was. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

There is a very good shot that there is more bad news coming for TCU, very soon.  I offer what I can offer. Not trying to be mysterious. But no. Not Coker. 

swo9l2332r701.png 

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Those TCU fans understand that Texas getting good again is the only chance (and it's a 1% chance) the Big 12 has of surviving and therefore the only real chance TCU has of staying in the top echelon of college football, right?

Narrator:  They don't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katfid54 said:

Well, I'll be interested to see what developed.

My other guess would be wondering how Brannon Brown has developed over the past 12 months and what his Sr film looks like.  He looks like the kind of kid who could turn into a Kerstetter-type prospect from his relatively doughy junior year to his senior campaign.  I could see him as a potentially valuable C prospect, and heavens knows we need that badly this cycle.

Heard he hasn't looked good this year 

3 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Why dont these camps test/list 3cone? 40 and shuttle and vert are all useful tools but imo 3cone is the best measure of a players movement skills

3 cone for edge rushers has the best correlation of any combine test. I can't remember the number, but there's a certain theshold under which most of the elite edge rushers make it