Texas recruiting notes 2019

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

Hahahahahaha. -47 for one post.

Funny story. This idiot starts posting "I guarantee it" bullshit back on September 1. I called him a troll.

This idiot runs around the board and negs like 30 of my posts for calling him out. If anyone doesn't know, I don't rep because I don't care. I'm a neverrepper. The negging was amusing but sad. Crowdsource this idiot.

1 hour ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

He negged my history too. I hadn't even commented in like 3 days, but it made me realize how wrong and inferior I am. 

Yeah, that’s his move. Did the same to me. It’s a wonder how he doesn’t realize why no one likes him.

2 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

He negged my history too. I hadn't even commented in like 3 days, but it made me realize how wrong and inferior I am. 

he probably spent a few minutes, or more, taking the time to neg all those posts of yours.  and those are minutes he will never get back.  so, that’s good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Hahahahahaha. -47 for one post.

Funny story. This idiot starts posting "I guarantee it" bullshit back on September 1. I called him a troll.

This idiot runs around the board and negs like 30 of my posts for calling him out. If anyone doesn't know, I don't rep because I don't care. I'm a neverrepper. The negging was amusing but sad. Crowdsource this idiot.

2 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

1 hour ago, Lonestar88 said:

Yeah, that’s his move. Did the same to me. It’s a wonder how he doesn’t realize why no one likes him.

I went around and negged RadiologyHorn's history until I ran out of neg reps.

The sooner that fucks like this are banned, the better.

Edited by Napoleon

E.J. Holland: Breaking down an important recruiting weekend

Official visitors

WR Kennedy Lewis, Melissa — Lewis is currently committed to TCU. However, the Longhorns have been keeping in contact with him and could put themselves in a position to flip him this weekend if they make a strong push. Lewis is a tall wide out with a ton of ability and a high ceiling.

ILB Caleb Johnson, Fullerton College — Texas really wants a junior college linebacker this cycle, and Johnson is the top priority. Johnson backed out of his verbal pledge to Iowa State last week, and Texas has emerged as the favorite. It wouldn’t be surprising to see the Longhorns close the deal.

ATH Peyton Powell, Odessa Permian — Powell’s recruitment has had some twists and turns as he’s pushed back his commitment date on multiple occasions. And that’s opened the door for Texas. While Ohio State and TCU remain the favorites, Texas has a big opportunity to make an impression this weekend.

Offered Targets

RB Zachary Evans, North Shore (2020) — Evans is perhaps the best running back recruit this state has seen since Adrian Peterson. The five-star prospect visited on multiple occasions this offseason, and Texas is an early frontrunner. This will be his first time on campus this season.

WR Troy Omeire, FB Austin (2020) — A big, physical wide out, Omeire has established himself as one of the country’s top pass catchers for next cycle. Right now, he is high on Arkansas, Texas and Texas A&M with the latter being considered the favorite at this point in the process.

OL Jaylen Garth, Port Neches-Groves (2020) — Garth has a ton of potential and upside. This is a dude that increased all of his weight room maxes by 100 pounds over the last year. Garth has seen his stock rise on the recruiting trail, but Texas remains the early frontrunner here.

OL Logan Parr, SA O’Connor (2020) — Parr received a Texas offer while on an unofficial visit this month. The Longhorns are getting him back on campus and are quickly separating themselves in this recruitment. If things keep trending up, the Longhorns may be able to get him in the fold early.

DL Alfred Collins, Bastrop Cedar Creek (2020) — Much like with Parr, Texas extended a scholarship to Collins while on an unofficial visit last month and immediately became the favorite in his recruitment. Collins has strong ties to the university and loves the program.

S Jalen Catalon, Mansfield Legacy — It’s been a wild week in regards to Catalon, who made an official visit to Arkansas over the weekend. The Razorbacks made a huge impression on him, but Texas will have a chance to strike back this weekend. Remember, the Longhorns will also get him back on campus for an OV in the winter.

Commits

QB Roschon Johnson, Port Neches-Groves — Johnson was the first member of UT’s 2019 class and is completely solid.

LB De’Gabriel Floyd, Westlake (Calif.) — Floyd is the vocal leader of the 2019 class and is sure to help the Longhorns recruit this weekend.

CB Marques Caldwell, Alvin — Caldwell picked Texas this summer after previously committing to Oregon. He is locked in.

Underclassmen to watch

WR Collin Sullivan, Round Rock (2020) — A local four-star product, Sullivan holds a handful of Power Five offers and is squarely on the radar.

OL Damieon George, North Shore (2020) — Another four-star prospect, George holds several major offers and is hopeful a Texas offer will come.

CB Avery Helm, FB Marshall (2020) — Helm is just starting to rise on the recruiting trail and is definitely a name to keep an eye on.

10 minutes ago, satyanash said:

...his running style looks a lot different from Ingram's. Not that that's a bad thing or anything but I'm not seeing the similarity.

He's not fast but can find a crease with enough wiggle to never allow the defender a square hit. 

Edited by Mdhorn

28 minutes ago, satyanash said:

E.J. Holland: Breaking down an important recruiting weekend

Hide contents

Official visitors

WR Kennedy Lewis, Melissa — Lewis is currently committed to TCU. However, the Longhorns have been keeping in contact with him and could put themselves in a position to flip him this weekend if they make a strong push. Lewis is a tall wide out with a ton of ability and a high ceiling.

ILB Caleb Johnson, Fullerton College — Texas really wants a junior college linebacker this cycle, and Johnson is the top priority. Johnson backed out of his verbal pledge to Iowa State last week, and Texas has emerged as the favorite. It wouldn’t be surprising to see the Longhorns close the deal.

ATH Peyton Powell, Odessa Permian — Powell’s recruitment has had some twists and turns as he’s pushed back his commitment date on multiple occasions. And that’s opened the door for Texas. While Ohio State and TCU remain the favorites, Texas has a big opportunity to make an impression this weekend.

Offered Targets

RB Zachary Evans, North Shore (2020) — Evans is perhaps the best running back recruit this state has seen since Adrian Peterson. The five-star prospect visited on multiple occasions this offseason, and Texas is an early frontrunner. This will be his first time on campus this season.

WR Troy Omeire, FB Austin (2020) — A big, physical wide out, Omeire has established himself as one of the country’s top pass catchers for next cycle. Right now, he is high on Arkansas, Texas and Texas A&M with the latter being considered the favorite at this point in the process.

OL Jaylen Garth, Port Neches-Groves (2020) — Garth has a ton of potential and upside. This is a dude that increased all of his weight room maxes by 100 pounds over the last year. Garth has seen his stock rise on the recruiting trail, but Texas remains the early frontrunner here.

OL Logan Parr, SA O’Connor (2020) — Parr received a Texas offer while on an unofficial visit this month. The Longhorns are getting him back on campus and are quickly separating themselves in this recruitment. If things keep trending up, the Longhorns may be able to get him in the fold early.

DL Alfred Collins, Bastrop Cedar Creek (2020) — Much like with Parr, Texas extended a scholarship to Collins while on an unofficial visit last month and immediately became the favorite in his recruitment. Collins has strong ties to the university and loves the program.

S Jalen Catalon, Mansfield Legacy — It’s been a wild week in regards to Catalon, who made an official visit to Arkansas over the weekend. The Razorbacks made a huge impression on him, but Texas will have a chance to strike back this weekend. Remember, the Longhorns will also get him back on campus for an OV in the winter.

Commits

QB Roschon Johnson, Port Neches-Groves — Johnson was the first member of UT’s 2019 class and is completely solid.

LB De’Gabriel Floyd, Westlake (Calif.) — Floyd is the vocal leader of the 2019 class and is sure to help the Longhorns recruit this weekend.

CB Marques Caldwell, Alvin — Caldwell picked Texas this summer after previously committing to Oregon. He is locked in.

Underclassmen to watch

WR Collin Sullivan, Round Rock (2020) — A local four-star product, Sullivan holds a handful of Power Five offers and is squarely on the radar.

OL Damieon George, North Shore (2020) — Another four-star prospect, George holds several major offers and is hopeful a Texas offer will come.

CB Avery Helm, FB Marshall (2020) — Helm is just starting to rise on the recruiting trail and is definitely a name to keep an eye on.

Floyd's back in town? What a legend.

so I think SuperK went out to talk to Bru McCoy in Cali, he's a a clip of his conversation Bru's father.

Just checked, I guess he's out there for St. John Boscoe vs Mater Dei, which got postponed from last night to tonight.

https://247sports.com/Article/Mater-Dei-vs-St-John-Bosco-best-recruits-123180913/

Edited by BornAndRaised
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Tough to tell from the camera angle, but I was thinking more of ced benson.  Patience, power, then no top gear to run away in the open field. 

He's broader than Ingram so CB is probably the better comparison.  Absolutely no break away speed much less speed.

Edited by Mdhorn