Texas recruiting notes 2019

1 hour ago, NoName said:

that's a beast of a depth chart to be going up against and a pretty interesting move

4HfhMI.png

especially when the other option is...

2a4YsV.png

GLWT

13 minutes ago, Fud said:

To be fair, Rodney Anderson isn't returning. But yeah, much easier road to playing time at Texas. 

Scared off by Kirk Johnson, imo.

13 hours ago, bEastTexas said:

@closetojumping Do you have any info on Cain and Higgins, should we hold out any hope at all?

I have no fucking clue. That said, I have no optimism for Higgins. Fuck him if he goes to Stanford. 

13 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

Methinks the lady doth protest too much. 

I’ve just skimmed the last 5 pages. We actually got a new commitment last night and you fucking dipshits turned the thread into a Stanford discussion. I’m about to walk into a 16 hour deal discussion about every petty point some lawyer decides to bring up. I am quite certain I’ll come out of that shit fest in a) better shape than goobers on this thread and b) a position to read this thread and then wish I was back in a room watching blowhard lawyers pontificate. As I said, I’m not the one with problems here. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You think the guys in the football majors are going to be hedge fund managers?

you must have lots of examples then since there’s 20 a year that exhaust eligibility. 

Smart football players turn out to have many of the traits of successful traders and you will find many ex athletes, especially football players in trading shops.

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’ve just skimmed the last 5 pages. We actually got a new commitment last night and you fucking dipshits turned the thread into a Stanford discussion. I’m about to walk into a 16 hour deal discussion about every petty point some lawyer decides to bring up. I am quite certain I’ll come out of that shit fest in a) better shape than goobers on this thread and b) a position to read this thread and then wish I was back in a room watching blowhard lawyers pontificate. As I said, I’m not the one with problems here. 

3acc21df-4ab8-4710-b7a1-a575a1135558_tex

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

So SEC! SEC! SEC! is #1 in offers handed out as well?

Holy Shit! Even VANDERBILT is as full of shit as the rest of them. At least Northwestern has a little self-respect for a private university in a big meat-head conference that sees themself as an academic institution. (Syracuse has shamed all of their alumni ever.)

Trey Sanders

The only certainty about Trey Sanders' decision is that he'll be headed to the SEC. 

The five-star running back out of IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida, is down to Alabama, Georgia and Florida ahead of his Wednesday signing. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2811308-early-national-signing-day-2018-predictions-rankings-for-top-football-recruits

4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

OK so I have no idea what is going on after the last 10 pages so lets get this back on track.

1. Who is FOR SURE signing tomorrow?

2. Who are we hoping signs and we are not sure?

Everyone but Shepherd (and that's probably from our end) barring any unpleasant surprises. Warren has happily decided to sign early.

Also Kennedy Lewis (and Higgins later in the day, but he's going to tree) is committing today at 12:30 Central.

Edited by texifornia

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Everyone but Shepherd (and that's probably from our end) barring any unpleasant surprises. Warren has happily decided to sign early.

Also Kennedy Lewis (and Higgins later in the day, but he's going to tree) is committing today at 12:30 Central.

I missed the news that Warren was signing early.  That's fucking awesome.

2 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

I guess it's hard to sell recruits on history I guess, but UT doesn't have to take a back seat to anyone except maybe USC when it comes to running backs that went on to do well at the next level. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't think of a single sec team that comes close. 

Georgia does. Herschel, Terrell Davis, Garrison Hearst, Gurley, etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I have no fucking clue. That said, I have no optimism for Higgins. Fuck him if he goes to Stanford. 

No...No....No  CTJ

Surly posts>> pontificating lawyers