Texas recruiting notes 2019

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

Pattern emerging now in year 3 with Herman:  For blue chip guys that take their announcement right up until signing day, Herman has only gotten one recruit as far as I can remember--Ossai:

2017--Big miss on K'Lavon Chaisson.

2018--Waddle (really weren't even in the running by the end of the cycle), Vernon Jackson, Bobby Brown.

2019--Misses on Bru, Sanders, Cain.

We have some good recruiters on this staff, but we need a closer. And Tom needs to be a better closer, himself.

Just now, Shaggy3.0 said:

Does Texas have the highest % of hs players with so much drama? This drama makes the 9.95ers happy.

We typically don't have a lot of drama with our recruits. It's just that the recruits we decide are worth the drama sure do love the drama. This year it's only Shepherd. Last year Coburn was a little dramatic, but not really anyone else. 

Just now, Katfid54 said:

Shepherd didn't even take an OV to aggy, and we think he's signing with them today?  I think Shepherd is just trying to whip everybody into a frenzy to get a bunch of eyes on his "announcement" today.

This would be some Boyd level manipulation - have to give the kid credit if thats the case.

Pattern emerging now in year 3 with Herman:  For blue chip guys that take their announcement right up until signing day, Herman has only gotten one recruit as far as I can remember--Ossai:
2017--Big miss on K'Lavon Chaisson.
2018--Waddle (really weren't even in the running by the end of the cycle), Vernon Jackson, Bobby Brown.
2019--Misses on Bru, Sanders, Cain.

It is a concern. This pattern right here.

Just now, VaHorn said:

2017 — this staff can’t recruit P5

2018 — !!!!!

2019 — good recruiters but need a closer

I didn't say anything in 2017. And the staff did a great job locking up the 2018 class before the stretch run. They did a great job winning some big-time OOS recruitments in spring and summer.

But if we want to make the leap from great to elite, we need to win some of these big-time recruitments that go the distance.