Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

I don't follow recruiting at all, but i just saw the 24/7 state rankings for 2019 and it looked like a&m was cleaning up in state while we only had like three or four guys from the top 30. are getting beat that bad in state or are we getting recruits from elsewhere? 

Just start at page 1 and go from there.

• Like 3

Just now, Digdogger said:

Let's just say the recruiting portal site isn't so hard to break into.

So I'll go ahead and confirm, that as of 10:26, he's in the portal and........

Hide contents

His first name is actually Bruthan

This was a good one.  But his first name is Horace.

c30a49f482cee0b846dc42134164e290.gif

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

So everyone knew but no one was talking.  

I guess they are all living that #respectmydecision life.

Different sites knew. Brainiacs mentioned that there was potential good news, which created a scramble of various posters taking it to different sites and asking the mods what's going on, and then EJ can't help himself but tweet out a clue that shortly leads to the public knowing the news was

Brainiacs posting that there's good news didn't help the situation, and obviously EJ didn't help at all 

1 minute ago, Digdogger said:

Let's just say the recruiting portal site isn't so hard to break into.

So I'll go ahead and confirm, that as of 10:26, he's in the portal and........

Hide contents

His first name is actually Bruthan

Edited by mrhorn
I'm an idiot
  • Like 1

Just now, Fud said:

Different sites knew. Brainiacs mentioned that there was potential good news, which created a scramble of various posters taking it to different sites and asking the mods what's going on, and then EJ can't help himself but tweet out a clue that shortly leads to the public knowing the news was

Brainiacs posting that there's good news didn't help the situation, and obviously EJ didn't help at all 

I was here.  For all of that.  You think I sit at work and work?

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

I don't follow recruiting at all, but i just saw the 24/7 state rankings for 2019 and it looked like a&m was cleaning up in state while we only had like three or four guys from the top 30. are getting beat that bad in state or are we getting recruits from elsewhere? 

Jimbo got many recruits to drink the Koolaid as is common with a first year class. We pivoted and got some ballers out of state as well as some under the radar guys in state. Now please excuse us as we wait for Bru updates.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fud said:

This is the correct summary of events.  Maybe the "good news" should never have been posted, but Bru probably wasn't a top 10 guess until EJ's dumbass put that tweet out there.  Fuck that guy.  He's the worst.

4 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

PM Derka

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Yes.

3 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

(to actually answer your question, Jimbo did a good job of punching us in the mouth early and locking in a lot of the good DFW guys, but we responded well and cleaned up OOS - our average ranking per recruit is actually higher than theirs)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

??? is this not the 2019 recruiting thread? 

It is not.

What you're gonna wanna do is go back out of this page.  Go back to the recruiting forum.  And then you're gonna wanna take your mouse, and make the pointer go up to the top right of your screen, where there's a little red X.  And then you're gonna wanna click that little red X.  And after you click that little red X, you're gonna wanna take your laptop, and you're gonna wanna just shut the screen.  Just close it all the way down.  And then you're gonna wanna just leave it shut.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

(to actually answer your question, Jimbo did a good job of punching us in the mouth early and locking in a lot of the good DFW guys, but we responded well and cleaned up OOS - our average ranking per recruit is actually higher than theirs)

PhysicalNeglectedIndri-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Yeah he did the Mack Brown thing of signing a bunch of super juniors. Herman played it pretty well though.

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5509329

We've lost more in-state battles than we should, but this in-state class is also full of head-cases. We also took a massive beating from regional programs negative recruiting us with the Chip Brown bullshit and a mediocre Year 1 under Herman. Riley and Jimbo got Year 1 bumps to help them.

But we picked up a bunch of great players from out of state, we're about to flip a top 10 in the country OOS player (in effect), and 2020 recruiting is going to be much better for us in-state.

• Like 1

TFB started making cute little hints about "big news". Then EJ's stupid fucking face said "i want to get in on this!" and decided to post that reference to No More Parties in LA and at that point everyone knew what was going on. What a bunch of two bit fucking hacks. I hope this shit goes through. 

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

This is the correct summary of events.  Maybe the "good news" should never have been posted, but Bru probably wasn't a top 10 guess until EJ's dumbass put that tweet out there.  Fuck that guy.  He's the worst.

Once the first site hints at something, then the rest generally shortly follow because their customers are begging for the info and because they don't want to appear to be out of the loop. We shouldn't excuse the first one who can't help themselves but let their customers know that something is going on, especially when it's sensitive and a program changer 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c49e8f74b47596145

19 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

enjoy your stay.   who wants some 

23 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

22 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This will go well.

22 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

what the actual fuck.

This is NOT what we're doing today.

22 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

??? is this not the 2019 recruiting thread? 

My favorite part of this is noticing who Liked Goo Punch's posts. As if I didn't need a bigger red flag. :) 

• Like 1