Sheila Jackson Lee is terrible at this job

atomheartbevo

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/23/politics/sheila-jackson-lee-judiciary-cbc-foundation/index.html

Texas Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee has stepped down from two of her key posts as she faces a lawsuit that alleges retribution to a staffer who reported sexual assault.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler, a New York Democrat, issued a statement Wednesday announcing his support for Jackson Lee's "decision to voluntarily and temporarily step back from the Crime Subcommittee Chair position." 

Nadler said that, during Jackson Lee's temporary leave from the post, California Democratic Rep. Karen Bass would chair the subcommittee. 

The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation issued a statement on Wednesday as well to announce her resignation as chairwoman of the nonprofit. 

"The congresswoman values the Foundation's ideals and does not want to be a distraction during the legal proceedings of the suit filed against the CBCF," the foundation's statement said.

The New York Times reported Jackson Lee's decision came after pressure to do so in response to a lawsuit filed recently alleging she fired a staffer who reported sexual assault by a supervisor at the CBCF, a nonprofit entity Jackson Lee chaired. 

In addition to her temporary leave from the subcommittee, the Times said Jackson Lee stepped down as chairwoman of the foundation after its board said she should do so last week or face a vote to remove her from the post. 

Jackson Lee's office referred CNN to both Nadler's statement and the foundation. Additionally, Jackson Lee released a statement from her office last week declining "to discuss specific details about internal personnel matters" but otherwise denying the allegations. 

"Congresswoman Jackson Lee has an outstanding record of supporting civil rights and non-discrimination, both in legislation and in her own office," the statement read. "In fact, when Congresswoman Jackson Lee arrived in Congress in 1995, one of the first pieces of legislation she supported was the Congressional Accountability Act ("CAA"), which applied several civil rights, labor, disability, and safety laws to the US Congress and its offices." 

Asked by CNN on Thursday on Capitol Hill whether she regretted how the episode was handled, Jackson Lee responded "no comment."

Wow, there really isn't much she can't fuck up.  

And to her communications director...careful.  Trying to cover her big fuck-up here on sexual assault with her Civil Rights record is awkwardly slouching towards Kevin Spacey territory.  

10 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

A friend of mine has decided to run against her.  His campaign is comical so far, but this might help. 

He's already got his yard signs picked out. 

Hopefully it's not like the current Buzbee for Mayor campaign where there's one house in West U with 12 yardsigns. The only yardsigns for him I've seen so far in the city.  At this one house.

• 5 years later...

10,000* Fahrenheit is "almost" too hot to go near, Sheila?  It's fine for a short visit or cooking a roux, but at 10,100*---then it becomes inhospitable?  Got it.  

And she represents people that work at NASA?  And we don't live inside a computer?  Got it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

10,000* Fahrenheit is "almost" too hot to go near, Sheila?  It's fine for a short visit or cooking a roux, but at 10,100*---then it becomes inhospitable?  Got it.  

And she represents people that work at NASA?  And we don't live inside a computer?  Got it.  

She doesn't represent anyone that works for NASA. No one that works for NASA lives within the loop. 

There's nobody at those three colleges that pops into Johnson Space Center?  No custodial staff, mess hall workers, et. al. that could possibly commute from the southern part of her district?  It was meant as hyperbole for her being so fucking stupid about space, but there are absolutely people in her district that work/consult at JSC.  

16 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

10,000* Fahrenheit is "almost" too hot to go near, Sheila?

Just a typical day in Houston from June to September. 

• Haha 1

You know what they say about 10,000* weather.  It's not the heat, it's the humidity.  (checks notes) I've just been informed there's no humidity on the Sun.  We'll try to get umbrellas anyway.  Cubs Win, Cubs Win.  

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

There's nobody at those three colleges that pops into Johnson Space Center?  No custodial staff, mess hall workers, et. al. that could possibly commute from the southern part of her district?  It was meant as hyperbole for her being so fucking stupid about space, but there are absolutely people in her district that work/consult at JSC.  

No, I don't think that the custodial or mess hall workers live in the most expensive part of Houston so they can also spend a lot of time (an hour plus, without traffic, each way) and money on gasoline in a reverse commute when they is plenty of infinitely cheaper housing much clsoer to the actual NASA campus. 

We know you're an Austin guy. Why don't you leave this one to a guy who's 20+ years of his adult life, plus his childhood, in Houston, and including the Clear Lake area and having SJL as my fucking representative some of those years. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

Okay, but I do know a few folks at UH (and live immediately nearby) that also 'consult' at JSC and live in her district.  It was just meant as a comment as to her bizarre comments being so close to JSC.  Like Lauren Boebert commenting on how mountains aren't real but just gas bubbles that haven't popped yet while in the Western Rockies or somesuch shit.  Or MTG commenting on...........well, pretty much anything.  

I've never bothered to do the math, but out of 435...there really does seem to be an outlier of how many fucking dumb asses than there should be.  Obviously, more on one side.  But a bunch nonetheless.  And then the corrupt ones, and then the truly insane ones.  I get that the People's House should mirror and match the population of our country, but it seems like our Congress has more bizarre outliers than even our regular population, which is really fucking saying something given how fucking stupid our electorate is.  

Can't find the clip to imbed from "Airplane II"

"Here's the report you ordered on the Sun, Congresswoman.  That thing is hot."

(burns hand)

"Jacobs, get me some more coffee...and some ice!"  

• Like 1

"Including Mars, of which the Moon is a part."  

Imagine posting that on a work email/social media account.  You'd be drug tested within 45 minutes.  Then imagine your job included being the ex-officio head of NASA.  How in the ever living fuck is any of this possible?  I keep thinking back to that "Mr. Show" sketch where they're at NASA and want to blow up the moon.  And then the pretend President in the sketch, in real life, was arrested for his Capitol storming activities on January 6th to save this dipshit.  Then we got Sheila claiming 10,000* might be just a tad too hot for human settlements, but only by a few degrees.  WHAT IN THE FUCKING FUCK IS HAPPENING AROUND HERE?  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Is SJL brain-damaged?

Yes. I heard her speak in person in 2020 at the March on Washington. Absolutely brutal to listen to. She is just not an intelligent person and her constituents should be embarrassed to continue sending her to Washington.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Yes. I heard her speak in person in 2020 at the March on Washington. Absolutely brutal to listen to. She is just not an intelligent person and her constituents should be embarrassed to continue sending her to Washington.

I mean, how do you graduate from Yale and University of Virginia and yet carry this amount of stupid around.

I just... 

I'm speechless.

• Drool 2

8 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I'm guessing she doesn't know about the sun or the moon, but she is genius-level on where the bodies are buried.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

If I were in her district I'd vote for her over any R. Before dOTarD, I wouldn't be saying that. 

Droolingly dumb >>>>> Treasonous

By any chance are you familiar with those buckskin shoes with crepe rubber soles that were popular in the 70s? I had a pair, and when they got wet the leather hardened up in weird shapes and the sole eventually peeled off. Smelled like wet gym sock from then on.

I don't know what happened to my old pair, but if one of them showed up in 2024, I'd vote for it over any R.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

8 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I was in Houston over Christmas in 2020 visiting the family, my daughter signed us up to go help feed the homeless, so we go to this event that was hosted by Lucille's, we're there for several hours doing all that needs to be done and as it got closer to the end of the event, this motorcade pulls in 3 or 4 suburbans. Outsteps SJL with a camera crew. She poses with a few people, acts like she is helping then leaves, she wasn't there 10 minutes if that.

Now mind you this event was sponsored by the Kinders, they showed up earlier in the day and actually handed out food and helped for hour or two

• Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

If I were in her district I'd vote for her over any R. Before dOTarD, I wouldn't be saying that. 

Then you have Droolingly dumb +++++++ Treasonous

image.thumb.png.e9996e5365b75c62eff0de65056ec72c.png

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

By any chance are you familiar with those buckskin shoes with crepe rubber soles that were popular in the 70s? I had a pair, and when they got wet the leather hardened up in weird shapes and the sole eventually peeled off. Smelled like wet gym sock from then on.

I don't know what happened to my old pair, but if one of them showed up in 2024, I'd vote for it over any R.

Did they look like these

71PwhtAhVmL._AC_SY695_.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Smax said:

I was in Houston over Christmas in 2020 visiting the family, my daughter signed us up to go help feed the homeless, so we go to this event that was hosted by Lucille's, we're there for several hours doing all that needs to be done and as it got closer to the end of the event, this motorcade pulls in 3 or 4 suburbans. Outsteps SJL with a camera crew. She poses with a few people, acts like she is helping then leaves, she wasn't there 10 minutes if that.

Now mind you this event was sponsored by the Kinders, they showed up earlier in the day and actually handed out food and helped for hour or two

That's that cunt in a nutshell. All she cares about is the camera. I remember being in my late 20's when Ike hit. I was watching the news late into the night until the power was going to go out, and there she the fuck was, standing by the camera and talking every 20 minutes in GALVESTON about an hour away from her actual fucking constituents becuase there was a camera filming. 

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You're right, it's hyperbole. 

I had to follow one of those guys in presenting at my kid's career day. Absolute shit show trying to tell a bunch of kids about running a small business when all they could think about was the spaceman that was just talking to them (he was a health and performance guy for JSC). 

5 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Well yes I believe most of us would, but the district as a whole needs to find another Democratic candidate to replace her with. She is just breathlessly unintelligent and, as noted by @Dnaguy, how she graduated from those two schools and still sounds like some of the sadly homeless and drug addled people living on the streets of NYC is really unbelievable.

4 hours ago, Smax said:

This is the kind of stuff I find to be really disheartening. You are there for good reasons and you’re instilling in your daughter that it’s good to help others and show empathy. I have no patience at all for the people like her that show up for a photo op or quick tv appearance. People like that do not deserve anything nice at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Well yes I believe most of us would, but the district as a whole needs to find another Democratic candidate to replace her with. She is just breathlessly unintelligent and, as noted by @Dnaguy, how she graduated from those two schools and still sounds like some of the sadly homeless and drug addled people living on the streets of NYC is really unbelievable.

She's been a black representative in a majority black area of town for 30 years, "Fighting for her constituents." Those kind of people don't get ousted easily, if ever, short of scandal. It's emarassing, but it's basically how politics work in this country, regardless of side of the aisle. 

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

She's been a black representative in a majority black area of town for 30 years, "Fighting for her constituents." Those kind of people don't get ousted easily, if ever, short of scandal. It's emarassing, but it's basically how politics work in this country, regardless of side of the aisle. 

Correct. There's a lot of shitty representatives that match their constituents demographics and incumbency is super powerful, barring a huge scandal.  Gaffes and being a fool in front of a camera aren't enough.