Tiger found in SE Houston abandoned house

Patricio Swayze

Some of y'all might know that I quite enjoy going to abandoned places, including houses in ghetto ass places, to take photos.  I have yet to come across anything like this. 

https://abc13.com/tiger-found-abandoned-at-vacant-home-in-se-houston/5132909/

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) --

Police say someone who went to an abandoned home in southeast Houston to smoke marijuana, ended up discovering a tiger inside of it.

Houston Police Department's Major Offenders, Livestock Animal Cruelty Unit arrived on scene and found a 1,000-pound tiger inside.

The cage that kept the animal enclosed was not large or sturdy enough for such a creature of that size.

While the home was abandoned, several packages of meat were found with the animal.

"A concerned citizen called 311. They were trying to get into this house to smoke marijuana. We questioned them as to whether they were under the effects of the drugs or they actually saw a tiger. They saw a tiger in this building, this vacant house that's obviously been abandoned for some time," said Sgt. Jason Alderete, of HPD's Major Offenders, Livestock Animal Cruelty Unit.

Once officers arrived and saw the animal, the challenge was to get it out.

First, they tranquilized the tiger and they brought in a wrecker to help get the large cat out.

Meanwhile, a crowd gathered to watch it all.

Once the wrecker got the tiger out of a driveway, it was loaded onto a trailer where it was expected to be taken to BARC.

14 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

A concerned citizen called 311.

311? Motherfucker, if there's a 1,000 pound apex predator roaming a residential area you call 911. 

I would love to overhear that conversation with the operator.

"Hello this is 311 - what's your issue? Noise complaint? Illegal parking? Street lamp out?"

"Oh no, I was in this abandoned house and there's a fucking tiger inside of it"

"What?"

Edited by ztejas
Apparently it was "only" 350 pounds. Still.

Some tiger tidbits. Good Lord. 

When hunting larger animals, tigers prefer to bite the throat and use their powerful forelimbs to hold onto the prey, often simultaneously wrestling it to the ground. The tiger remains latched onto the neck until its target dies of strangulation.[68] By this method, gaurs and water buffaloes weighing over a ton have been killed by tigers weighing about a sixth as much.[129] Although they can kill healthy adults, tigers often select the calves or infirm of very large species.[130] Healthy adult prey of this type can be dangerous to tackle, as long, strong horns, legs and tusks are all potentially fatal to the tiger. No other extant land predator routinely takes on prey this large on its own.[37][131] Whilst hunting sambars, which comprise up to 60% of their prey in India, tigers have reportedly made a passable impersonation of the male sambar's rutting call to attract them.[112][126]

With smaller prey, such as monkeys and hares, the tiger bites the nape, often breaking the spinal cord, piercing the windpipe, or severing the jugular vein or common carotid artery.[132] Though rarely observed, some tigers have been recorded to kill prey by swiping with their paws, which are powerful enough to smash the skulls of domestic cattle,[126] and break the backs of sloth bears.[133]

After killing their prey, tigers sometimes drag it to conceal it in vegetative cover, usually pulling it by grasping with their mouths at the site of the killing bite. This, too, can require great physical strength. In one case, after it had killed an adult gaur, a tiger was observed to drag the massive carcass over a distance of 12 m (39 ft). When 13 men simultaneously tried to drag the same carcass later, they were unable to move it.[101] An adult tiger can go for up to two weeks without eating, then gorge on 34 kg (75 lb) of flesh at one time. In captivity, adult tigers are fed 3 to 6 kg (6.6 to 13.2 lb) of meat a day.[101]

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

When hunting larger animals, tigers prefer to bite the throat and use their powerful forelimbs to hold onto the prey, often simultaneously wrestling it to the ground. The tiger remains latched onto the neck until its target dies of strangulation.[68] By this method, gaurs and water buffaloes weighing over a ton have been killed by tigers weighing about a sixth as much.[129] Although they can kill healthy adults, tigers often select the calves or infirm of very large species.[130] Healthy adult prey of this type can be dangerous to tackle, as long, strong horns, legs and tusks are all potentially fatal to the tiger. No other extant land predator routinely takes on prey this large on its own.[37][131] Whilst hunting sambars, which comprise up to 60% of their prey in India, tigers have reportedly made a passable impersonation of the male sambar's rutting call to attract them.[112][126]

With smaller prey, such as monkeys and hares, the tiger bites the nape, often breaking the spinal cord, piercing the windpipe, or severing the jugular vein or common carotid artery.[132] Though rarely observed, some tigers have been recorded to kill prey by swiping with their paws, which are powerful enough to smash the skulls of domestic cattle,[126] and break the backs of sloth bears.[133]

After killing their prey, tigers sometimes drag it to conceal it in vegetative cover, usually pulling it by grasping with their mouths at the site of the killing bite. This, too, can require great physical strength. In one case, after it had killed an adult gaur, a tiger was observed to drag the massive carcass over a distance of 12 m (39 ft). When 13 men simultaneously tried to drag the same carcass later, they were unable to move it.[101] An adult tiger can go for up to two weeks without eating, then gorge on 34 kg (75 lb) of flesh at one time. In captivity, adult tigers are fed 3 to 6 kg (6.6 to 13.2 lb) of meat a day.[101]

Tiger tidbits? Everyone knows wtf a tiger does. Tigers go tiger.

53 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Cats gon cat.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Cats gon cat.

I've been about 20 feet from an uncaged tiger at Sigfried & Roy. I knew 2 things instantly. 1)My place on the food chain. 2)That little gay magician was not going to be able to stop that cat if it wanted an RPM snack.

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

311? Motherfucker, if there's a 1,000 pound apex predator roaming a residential area you call 911. 

I would love to overhear that conversation with the operator.

"Hello this is 311 - what's your issue? Noise complaint? Illegal parking? Street lamp out?"

"Oh no, I was in this abandoned house and there's a fucking tiger inside of it"

"What?"

It almost sounds like the convo went like this:

"Hello!??!!! I'm smokin' dope!!1!1!!11!!. And I see a tiger! Wait, maybe I see Bobby Hill. Nope. It's a tiger. And I'm smokin' dope!!1!!

40 minutes ago, RPM said:

I've been about 20 feet from an uncaged tiger at Sigfried & Roy. I knew 2 things instantly. 1)My place on the food chain. 2)That little gay magician was not going to be able to stop that cat if it wanted an RPM snack.

We went to the Siegfried & Roy show at the Mirage one month before that tiger grabbed ol’ Roy by the neck. Our seats were off center next to the stage. Roy brought that white tiger to the side and sat it down about 3’ from Mrs. Brat. She could’ve leaned up and scratched its ears.  I told her to duck under the table if the big cat decided to go off cue.

several years ago Sandstone Mountain ranch had a tiger.  went to see it a few times. he was scary as shit up close. you know he could tear you in half in about 2 seconds.

he was about 350lb or maybe a little more. he purred and it sounded like a chain saw.

they would hang tires on a chain for him to play with. he would reduce a steel belted radial into a mass of metals shards. he would chase a bowling ball around like a ball of yarn.

cat is still cat.

2 hours ago, llanoflash said:

several years ago Sandstone Mountain ranch had a tiger.  went to see it a few times. he was scary as shit up close. you know he could tear you in half in about 2 seconds.

he was about 350lb or maybe a little more. he purred and it sounded like a chain saw.

they would hang tires on a chain for him to play with. he would reduce a steel belted radial into a mass of metals shards. he would chase a bowling ball around like a ball of yarn.

cat is still cat.

Sounds like my ex

Oh wait minus the he part. I just played myself.

Edited by ztejas
I'll see myself out