Beto 2020

bad_teammate

8 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Right.  And at any point throughout the last century, the U.S. military could've forcibly disarmed all of us at the order of a tyrannical despot.  You think a special forces team gives a fuck about your band of bumpkins with AR-15s?  They would end your little compound in an hour.  Actually, a drone would probably do it from 30k feet.  

And the irony is that all these dim redneck morons who think they owe it to Murica to own guns to protect us from Murica are also supporting the very fucking guy who's pushed us closer to tyranny than any president in history.

you're telling me this guy isn't securing my freedom?

Fatty1.jpg

• Like 1

Embarrassing that people know so little about hunting, guns, second amendment, tyranny, etc. they think confiscating something from From someone else is an effective exercise of government power without realizing the liberties lost and the danger of it.  Calling an ar 15 a “military weapon” is beyond idiotic. No military on the planet would Go to battle with that gun.  But they look scary and really the left just wants to ban all guns. They really do want to turn the us into Venezuela. Do any of you really think the second amendment is about hunting. Surely none of you think that, right?  

Edited by pepper brooks
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

Embarrassing that people know so little about hunting, guns, second amendment, tyranny, etc. they think confiscating something from From someone else is an effective exercise of government power without realizing the liberties lost and the danger of it.  Calling an ar 15 a “military weapon” is beyond idiotic. No military on the planet would Go to battle with that gun.  But they look scary and really the left just wants to ban all guns. They really do want to turn the us into Venezuela. Do any of you really think the second amendment is about hunting. Surely none of you think that, right?  

So an AR-15 is even less useful for defending against government tyranny than I thought.   Good to know. 

• Like 2

You have to admit the AR15 isn’t really a great gun for anything though. It’s unreliable, not very accurate and it’s not as cheap as many better options. I guess people like them because there’s a bunch of aftermarket bullshit they can use to customize the gun, but that seems like legos or Polly Pocket to me.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

No, which is why I, as a gun owner, favor repealing the Second Amendment.

6 hours ago, bolverk said:

A) I'm not convinced that's Beto.

B) I highly doubt that's actual piss.

C) What does a 30 year old party pic have to do with anything?

D) If you don't see him as a threat, you wouldn't post this.

That can't be Beto. he's not in a dress.  

49 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

This guy is doing an awesome job mimicking the PABOTUS' tweets for random capitals and nonsense while tossing out red herrings.  

9 hours ago, pepper brooks said:

To be clear, under existing precedent, a ban of ar15s and mandatory buybacks is entirely consistent with the 2nd Amendment. This Supreme Court, having 4 or 5 republican actavist justices could change that but if they apply existing law, the ban and buyback should be upheld.

Another tweet from the official Trump re-election account.

They sure seem preoccupied with him.

I wonder why that is? Couldn’t be Texas’s 38 electoral votes, could it?

And why don’t these goober out of touch Republicans realize amplifying this kind of content makes Beto seem cooler?

I know they’re septuagenarian shut-ins with a Fox News IV in their ass but come on.

Did they not take notes that when Ted Cruz tried this with the skateboarding and playing guitar in a dress?

Another tweet from the official Trump re-election account.

They sure seem preoccupied with him.

I wonder why that is? Couldn’t be Texas’s 38 electoral votes, could it?

And why don’t these goober out of touch Republicans realize amplifying this kind of content makes Beto seem cooler?

I know they’re septuagenarian shut-ins with a Fox News IV in their ass but come on.

Did they not take notes that when Ted Cruz tried this with the skateboarding and playing guitar in a dress?

“President Trump, seen here with Jeffrey Epstein, says he wants to grab you by the pussy”
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, horncyclist said:

When did I make this clear?

Maybe it wasn’t clear.  Post 2752. Please claify.  

19 hours ago, bolverk said:

Is that the color of the special cummerbund you get to prance around in public now for unlocking the achievement of using the minimal effort it requires to move your index finger a millimeter to pull the trigger on your big boy gun at a stationary paper target?

Correct. 

19 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Teal ducks maybe?

More correct. 

58 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Maybe it wasn’t clear.  Post 2752. Please claify.  

Correct. 

More correct. 

Yeah. You misunderstood me. I meant that shotguns do not lose the same risk as ar15s (and similar) plus high capacity magazines. They also have a lot more utility, being more widely used for sport and a longer history of common widespread use. It is easy to draw a where ar15s are banned but other firearms are not. This rebuts the slippery slope concern in my mind.

Keep your shotguns, though we should have increased general restrictions (ie universal background checks) for all firearms. Only law abiding citizens should own them and I think we should look like at requiring more training. You have to take a class/test to drive in most states. No reason you shouldn't have to do the same to own/operate a firearm.

14 hours ago, pepper brooks said:

You realize that this is a message board from the state of Texas and many of us who think your general views on this subject are stupid are also owners of ARs and multiple other guns, right? This isn't SurlyTrojans.com - I'd wager that 90% of this board owns guns, even the evil liberals.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

Beto screwed himself with “regular Texans”.

From today in Collin County -

For historical reference, how Collin County voters voted in the 2018 senate race -

d6462d413e845484a143edbc5d8aa9a6.jpg
17b3f79dea9ad0840cab46aae7cd8560.jpg
a2742664b78b883c5b0b1ed266dabd2a.jpg
30b70e573348e27e31830b83be124efd.jpg3d166282c933cc87a8803cf437937a52.jpg8d0366d1c92f95cc038dd9fd4c4081cd.jpg2b736aa5208a8ff129ca170d6a9da9f0.jpg2fabdf49f9e6a6d9fd7fe47317bde1cd.jpg64fe7a525b7cee1729810781ea142974.jpgfedbcb54f6f71c692d596888efc5e736.jpg4f1a69d551754d6b8327b787a2a5d734.jpg54ba84896f907462e19da43902f27816.jpg
2a1a5f4534d5639f1d1e29dba689f2c8.jpg30ceafac97f5fe8f71b3bf9f35b6dd7b.jpg

Not one single Democrat won a single race there and Cruz outperformed his statewide numbers by 2% and Beto underperformed his statewide numbers by 2%.

And it hasn’t “gone blue” since 1964.

Needless to say, not a very Beto friendly area.

Yet he’s getting a very positive reception on his buyback stance.

The times, they are a changin’

You gun bros better accept reality and come to the table or y’all about to get completely ignored.

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Beto screwed himself with “regular Texans”.

From today in Collin County -

Not one single Democrat won a single race there and Cruz outperformed his statewide numbers by 2% and Beto underperformed his statewide numbers by 2%.

And it hasn’t “gone blue” since 1964.

Needless to say, not a very Beto friendly area.

Yet he’s getting a very positive reception on his buyback stance.

emoji445.pngThe times, they are a changin’emoji445.png

You gun bros better accept reality and come to the table or y’all about to get completely ignored.

Just maybe, the audience at a Beto rally is self-selecting and not indicative of the general electorate?

• Like 5

11 hours ago, horncyclist said:

Yeah. You misunderstood me. I meant that shotguns do not lose the same risk as ar15s (and similar) plus high capacity magazines. They also have a lot more utility, being more widely used for sport and a longer history of common widespread use. It is easy to draw a where ar15s are banned but other firearms are not. This rebuts the slippery slope concern in my mind.

Keep your shotguns, though we should have increased general restrictions (ie universal background checks) for all firearms. Only law abiding citizens should own them and I think we should look like at requiring more training. You have to take a class/test to drive in most states. No reason you shouldn't have to do the same to own/operate a firearm.

I don't believe that rebuts a slippery slope concern, but we can agree to disagree on that.

I have exactly 0% issue with your second paragraph.  I assume you are including bolt action rifles, etc. in the "sport and longstanding history" class.

Just maybe, the audience at a Beto rally is self-selecting and not indicative of the general electorate?

Or people who used to be more middle of the road on this issue are fed the fuck up and have had enough of children dying and of being afraid of public spaces being turned into shooting galleries.

And polling numbers from Texas are not a Beto rally.

8573c6fed1648b8c5df30af5ffbf8e94.jpga09e2c11a8a506770bfc5989f796711f.jpg

But by all means, keep sticking your head in the sand. It might save you from a headshot.

On 9/15/2019 at 7:08 AM, horncyclist said:

To be clear, under existing precedent, a ban of ar15s and mandatory buybacks is entirely consistent with the 2nd Amendment. This Supreme Court, having 4 or 5 republican actavist justices could change that but if they apply existing law, the ban and buyback should be upheld.

SCOTUS even refused to hear an appeal against Maryland's ban on the AR-15 and similar.  It's not as if there is no precedent here whatsoever.

54 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

And banning the sale of assault weapons was seen as a radical non-starter not long ago.

Someone leading the charge and driving the issue can make what once seemed impossible something voters will support.

See, The Overton Window.

We had a little bit of legislation in place from 1994-2004.  And prior to 1994, the biggest mass shootings were scattered over decades - UT Tower and McDonald's in 1984 were the standouts, and somehow they still put in a 10-year ban.

Beto is becoming a stalking horse on this issue, and a helluva lot of the soccer mom/suburban mom types are buying into it, at least here in Texas.  I've been surprised at some of the folks I know who are jumping on this bandwagon, but people are finally getting tired of this shit.  

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 12:07 PM, BradInATX said:

You realize that this is a message board from the state of Texas and many of us who think your general views on this subject are stupid are also owners of ARs and multiple other guns, right? This isn't SurlyTrojans.com - I'd wager that 90% of this board owns guns, even the evil liberals.

You are full of lies!  Lies I say!  90% of this board owned guns in the past, but most of us lost all of them in paddle boarding accidents after we tried to recreate a scene from a certain Val Kilmer movie.   You'd think that, given we had far more stable platforms than surfboards, that things would have been fine, but nope, so now Town Lake's bottom is littered with all kinds of guns.

spacer.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You are full of lies!  Lies I say!  90% of this board owned guns in the past, but most of us lost all of them in paddle boarding accidents after we tried to recreate a scene from a certain Val Kilmer movie.   You'd think that, given we had far more stable platforms than surfboards, that things would have been fine, but nope, so now Town Lake's bottom is littered with all kinds of guns.

spacer.png

What movie is that? It looks incredible.

On 9/15/2019 at 12:07 PM, BradInATX said:

I'm an "evil liberal" who is consider getting a gun for protection since I have a house an all. 

There's no need to have an AR.  Just completely unnecessary. 

CSB--had a far far right wing student in my class a few years ago who wanted to give a speech than the 2nd amendment is "too limiting."  When I asked what he meant, he stated that we should be able to own tanks if we wanted because this is America.  He also believed that our right to free speech is being taken away.  When I asked what bills are on the floor right now that advocate for this, he couldn't answer. 

He wants to be a cop. 

On 9/14/2019 at 4:33 PM, pepper brooks said:

58cd86961109fb2ca89d1cc782243d6a.jpg

This tough guy is going to take some guns, eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a shocker, it turns out that the image your gullible ass posted without any verification wasn't of Beto:

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/09/another-bogus-beto-photo/

Republicans can't win without lying and cheating. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The same idiots also post this all the time claiming it’s Beto.

fe931e3f61b9d2dbab0173f0a61bfd40.jpg

Never mind it looks nothing like him, but it’s very easily verified as an attendee at a gay pride event in Athens, Greece in 2016.

bb5bfbb92d58b38fc0a628a43713bb74.jpg

But, ya know, critical thinking and doing research and verifying the truth of things isn’t something Republicans can be bothered with any longer.

If Trump says it, it’s on Fox News, or it’s on Facebook or Twitter then, by gum, it’s the truth!!! Everything else is just liberal fake news!

Fuck your feelings and your facts!

On 9/16/2019 at 12:36 PM, Pancho said:

CSB--had a far far right wing student in my class a few years ago who wanted to give a speech than the 2nd amendment is "too limiting."  When I asked what he meant, he stated that we should be able to own tanks if we wanted because this is America.  He also believed that our right to free speech is being taken away.  When I asked what bills are on the floor right now that advocate for this, he couldn't answer. 

One tank is just a target. Your student wants to get a platoon of 3-5 tanks, plus 20-30 infantry for support in built-up areas and woods. Hell, some mortars to lay down smoke might come in handy.

Encourage him to move away from angry loner, and more towards apocalyptic warlord.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

I personally invite him to try. 

So after both houses of Congress and an elected president have passed a ban and buyback program for these guns and have asked you to turn in the weapon in exchange for compensation for the property, you are going to break the law? That's what you're saying?