How Fox News works

retread

What's wild is that all of the bullshit that Q/Qanon was slinging around about child rape, child trafficking, etc., the Russians are literally doing it in Ukraine.  And all of the GQP bitching about being replaced, the Russians are literally taking Ukrainians and trying to replace their language and culture with Russian language and culture.

But you don't hear them criticizing Russia.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, elfenix said:

Anyone seen Marihuana: Weed with Roots in Hell? Now streaming on prime

That must be a very old graphic because a long time ago the media (calling out you, William Randolph Hearst) replaced the “h” with a “j” in order to associate it with those lazy Mexicans. When all the time they, and the folks at Dow Chemical, wanted to protect their interest in making paper out of trees instead of hemp. Hearst owned a lot of timberland, and was sort of the Fox News of his day. And Dow made a shitload of money from the chemicals used to turn timber into paper, a much more expensive process to produce a lesser quality product than paper made from hemp. 

On 6/1/2022 at 7:51 AM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

From Ingraham's study:  When under the influence of marijuana (colloquially known as “pot” and “jazz cigarettes”) the subject often spoke in violent terms.

“Jazz cigarettes,” so they can be associated with black people. She’s really an old timey propagandist.

On 5/18/2022 at 5:37 PM, Nivek said:

I think about this a bit differently.  From what I can tell, the Fox Viewer doesn't have an ideology other than just being part of the Republican tribe.   No matter what they say and how quickly they abandon that position for the opposite (Tucker and Ukraine) their audience will simply follow along unquestioningly.    They are victims of a propaganda and marketing blitz that feeds and exploits fears, or creating them when they didn't exist before.    The bombardment of violent rhetoric and victimization has whipped them up into a fervor.  Now how this has become a dopamine cycle for their viewers, I am not really certain, but they are getting something out of it, my guess is that it is a lot like those flat earth society members who are lonely people but they find acceptance when they can join a mob that doesn't judge them on their failings or insecurities.   

Ha ha ha I've been called a race traitor many times.  I think it's funny as hell.  I am on the side of Bulworth and say we just fuck em all gray

On 5/31/2022 at 9:37 PM, elfenix said:

Anyone seen Marihuana: Weed with Roots in Hell? Now streaming on prime

Very enticing ad, I must say

2 hours ago, SKJ said:

Ha ha ha I've been called a race traitor many times.  I think it's funny as hell.  I am on the side of Bulworth and say we just fuck em all gray

Very enticing ad, I must say

Race traitor?  I thought only the KKK used this language.   I am so naive, and I suppose happily naive.

7 hours ago, Nivek said:

Race traitor?  I thought only the KKK used this language.   I am so naive, and I suppose happily naive.

Well,  I did do a rip in the feds,  and wouldn't join the white boys because I'm not a racist.  They used to say this about me,  well,  let me rephrase... one guy said it to me,  but not much after that

3 hours ago, AnotherUTFan said:

I feel like I got through to one today, even if just a little bit. Text exchange I had tonight with a friend who's down that Fox/talk radio hole, just after he got home from a semi-heated conversation we had as the hearings began.

I'm Shawn...Screenshot_20220609-211543_Messages~4.jpg

Narrator: he won’t. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AnotherUTFan said:

I feel like I got through to one today, even if just a little bit. Text exchange I had tonight with a friend who's down that Fox/talk radio hole, just after he got home from a semi-heated conversation we had as the hearings began.

I'm Shawn...Screenshot_20220609-211543_Messages~4.jpg

*you’re

• Hook 'Em 1

Shawn, hate to break it to you but your friend Kevin is brainwashed and will never actually do what he says because he's been molded into a good little right-wing news viewer and those folks are not truly interested in re-examining their preconceived notions where facts trump their feelings. 

As long as he's watching shit like this, he's a lost cause.

image.png.c6a50fa0c482bf161eb22d48f77fc357.png

The hearing began just as Tucker Carlson’s show kicked off, and few people in America have been more energetically engaged than Carlson in casting the Jan. 6 riot as not worthy of discussion. Or as largely innocuous, save for some vandalism. Or maybe it’s a government false flag aimed at casting Republicans as racists or something. Rhetorical consistency is not Carlson’s strength, but that is happily for him not a limitation for his job.

So Carlson began by crowing about Fox’s decision to stand apart from its competitors.

“The whole thing is insulting. In fact, it’s deranged,” Carlson said. “And we’re not playing along. This is the only hour on an American news channel that will not be carrying their propaganda live. They are lying, and we’re not going to help them do it.”