How Fox News works

retread

i'm currently encamped in east texas trumpland taking care of my dad post-surgery this week. i would just like acknowledgement of the effort it is taking me every time im in his room to do something for him, fox on the background...it's all i can do to not say 'this shit is what is rotting your brain!' 

i'm being very, very restrained 😐

*sigh* it just makes me sad. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I will watch it on occasion just so I know when people around me are parroting the latest talking point.

Their brain dead audience never fails to repeat verbatim what they hear  over and over again. 

Counter counter intelligence.

I need to dig them up, but there's a couple of folks on twitter that track trends amongst the alt-right/FNC/etc. crowd, and they basically are able to predict what the mainstream GOP talking points will be a few weeks in advance - they predicted the CRT stuff, the trans stuff, going back to Hillary spying on Trump, etc., and they also talk about when those trends will be resurfaced.

Most of the bullshit you hear on the FNC evening shows is not random -  it's very well coordinated (and it goes beyond FNC), it's just that many of the FNC-viewing simpletons never step out of the bubble and see that this stuff is coordinated, and they never have the chance to ask who is behind it (assuming they cared).

28 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i'm currently encamped in east texas trumpland taking care of my dad post-surgery this week. i would just like acknowledgement of the effort it is taking me every time im in his room to do something for him, fox on the background...it's all i can do to not say 'this shit is what is rotting your brain!' 

Do it

7 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I will watch it on occasion just so I know when people around me are parroting the latest talking point.

Their brain dead audience never fails to repeat verbatim what they hear  over and over again. 

Counter counter intelligence.

Ever notice how whenever you tune in they’re saying exactly what you were expecting them to say?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Ever notice how whenever you tune in they’re saying exactly what you were expecting them to say?

It's like the "Hackman-Caine" theory from my friend's senior thesis at Port Chester University.  

Wherever you are, whenever you are...you can turn on Fox News and some confused white person is asking questions it would only occur to an escaped mental patient to ask.  I flipped it on on a whim earlier this week and heard Carlson asking, "Does Putin eat dogs?  The answer to all those question is, of course, 'No'."  I wanted to hear what the other questions were, but I like to just sit back and imagine the meetings with his producer when they came up just the dog question.  

Edited by Lobo

On 12/12/2021 at 9:54 AM, Anastasis said:

"Few posters back in some very constrained periods", "small number of posters"...is precisely an example of a "poster insisting that the trafficking of russiagate nonsense on this board broadly for years just never happened, constraining to to certain periods/topics, and very small subsets of posters."

Go ahead and develop some board specific search terms for the following examples and share your findings...maybe start with the bounty one. 

Your stanning that rebuts Russia-Trump malfeasance is your single oddest trait. I agree with you when you talk about government overreach and fourth Amendment protections. Rights that prevent the government from taking your liberty when those rights are violated. I’m less worried when those rights are violated on a Manchurian hunt.

Trump is buttcaked with Putin spunk.

Did you mean bukkaked when you wrote buttcaked?  I mean, either one works.  I just like subtlety of language. 

I know Melania has been bukkaked before.  Some powerful friends in New York used to party with her back in her modeling days.  But I guess Trump would be more of a buttcake guy.  

35 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Your stanning that rebuts Russia-Trump malfeasance is your single oddest trait. I agree with you when you talk about government overreach and fourth Amendment protections. Rights that prevent the government from taking your liberty when those rights are violated. I’m less worried when those rights are violated on a Manchurian hunt.

Trump is buttcaked with Putin spunk.

Unfortunately, posters promoting crazy conspiracy shit like below was not a particularly odd out of sorts trait among posters here. I guess we will have to mark you in that camp. 

On 12/12/2021 at 9:54 AM, Anastasis said:

Right right right. I know, shit like Cohen to Prague, Alfa Bank v1, v2, and v3, Bounties on American troops, the Dossier is Gospel, Manafort at the Embassy, etc ad infinitum never happened here, or if they did were limited to triplehorn and Hugo (I hope the former is doing ok btw).  It's not like there are searchable threads littered with that nonsense. Y'all are straight up gaslighting. But see if you sniff any of this shit out as bullshit misinformation and propaganda, you are pro-Russian imperialism, so that's totally cool.  

Edited by Anastasis

2 hours ago, mchookem said:

Turn it off. Seriously if you’re having to take care of him you are now the parent. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Unfortunately, posters promoting crazy conspiracy shit like below was not a particularly odd out of sorts trait among posters here. I guess we will have to mark you in that camp. 

Guilt by association is my favorite guilt. Don’t strain yourself, though. Put your energy into overlooking Trump’s financial debt to Russian banks and maintaining the illusion that offers no leverage to the top autocrat in a despotic regime. 

I suppose you will be marked as a US citizen who defends the enemy as war begins? Perhaps I missed you denouncing the Orange bukkaked one’s cheerleading.

5 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Guilt by association is my favorite guilt. Don’t strain yourself, though. Put your energy into overlooking Trump’s financial debt to Russian banks and maintaining the illusion that offers no leverage to the top autocrat in a despotic regime. 

I suppose you will be marked as a US citizen who defends the enemy as war begins? Perhaps I missed you denouncing the Orange bukkaked one’s cheerleading.

If you want my opinion on trumps comments re Russian actions in Ukraine, you can just ask me for it. No need to dig through posts from months ago and take them out of the context of a certain exchange just to create a jump off point.  Bringing the context back to those comments is not a strain at all. I wouldn’t have to do it if you weren’t being so damn lazy in your posting.

totally forget sometimes that Ukraine keeps sending all its murderers and rapists into Russia.  Never mind all that dangerous blow and meth that keeps getting smuggled into Russia from Kiev.  

Wouldn't it just have been easier to Putin to build a wall on his border with that dangerous country?  Probably cheaper than a full military deployment, fewer casualties, far less disruption to the energy trade/Russian economy, and infinitely less blowback from the global community?  Plus, Putin's biggest fans---MAGA nation would finally get to see what a real wall looks like, not 17% of a promised wall.  

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

totally forget sometimes that Ukraine keeps sending all its murderers and rapists into Russia.  Never mind all that dangerous blow and meth that keeps getting smuggled into Russia from Kiev.  

Wouldn't it just have been easier to Putin to build a wall on his border with that dangerous country?  Probably cheaper than a full military deployment, fewer casualties, far less disruption to the energy trade/Russian economy, and infinitely less blowback from the global community?  Plus, Putin's biggest fans---MAGA nation would finally get to see what a real wall looks like, not 17% of a promised wall.  

No, ignoring what all the real experts say regarding motivations, I'm throwing up my hands and calling it *OWGS because he's turning 70 this year, he's one of the wealthiest men in the world, and he has to outdo the guys who have spaceships in their garages.

*Old White Guy Syndrome (a subset of a broader category of disorders in my own DSM book made up on the fly)

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I started doing that to my dad several years ago -- as soon as I walk into his house, I change the channel.

I recommend locking the channel out and others like it, using the parental controls.  Make sure you do this to all the tvs in the house  Then pretend you don’t know anything about it and will look into it later.  In a few weeks your loved ones will start to de-thaw from their fear and panic induced chronic high.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

I recommend locking the channel out and others like it, using the parental controls.  Make sure you do this to all the tvs in the house  Then pretend you don’t know anything about it and will look into it later.  In a few weeks your loved ones will start to de-thaw from their fear and panic induced chronic high.

Don't forget the domain blocks on the wifi router.Get on their facebook and select "don't show this content" etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Anastasis said:

If you want my opinion on trumps comments re Russian actions in Ukraine, you can just ask me for it. No need to dig through posts from months ago and take them out of the context of a certain exchange just to create a jump off point.  Bringing the context back to those comments is not a strain at all. I wouldn’t have to do it if you weren’t being so damn lazy in your posting.

Lazy? Though, I thought I was indolent, but apparently not..

I don’t believe I’ve ever combed through threads looking for posts. Too lazy. Luckily, memory usually serves.

My question: do you view TFG  as a Putin stooge, as a Manchurian president? Is TFG giving aid and comfort to the enemy, in a time of war?

3 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Lazy? Though, I thought I was indolent, but apparently not..

I don’t believe I’ve ever combed through threads looking for posts. Too lazy. Luckily, memory usually serves.

My question: do you view TFG  as a Putin stooge, as a Manchurian president? Is TFG giving aid and comfort to the enemy, in a time of war?

I think that everything that Trump says, does, or thinks needs to be viewed through the lens of his traumatic psychopathology and the related brain damage.  The first filter that should be applied in all situations is...how should I interpret these specific actions/words in the context of them spewing from most psychologically damaged malignant narcissist I can imagine. I think that viewing in that way is helpful to understanding the vast majority of his impulses, actions, and words. No grand international conspiracies involving clandestine meetings in Prague and Manchurian candidates needed when profound cluster b personality disorder will suffice. 

Of course, if your memory served, you would have remembered me saying this exact same thing before a number of times. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

I think that everything that Trump says, does, or thinks needs to be viewed through the lens of his traumatic psychopathology and the related brain damage.  The first filter that should be applied in all situations is...how should I interpret these specific actions/words in the context of them spewing from most psychologically damaged malignant narcissist I can imagine. I think that viewing in that way is helpful to understanding the vast majority of his impulses, actions, and words. No grand international conspiracies involving clandestine meetings in Prague and Manchurian candidates needed when profound cluster b personality disorder will suffice. 

Of course, if your memory served, you would have remembered me saying this exact same thing before a number of times. 

I recall that, but it doesn’t adequately explain how unerringly helpful TFG is to Putin’s goals. And meetings aren’t a necessary component. TFG is adept at communicating with unspoken understandings. He can act out of the impulses you describe and also be working to further his own aims by furthering Putin’s. 

It's Sunday morning and Putin just threatened to use nukes against the world, so I flip over to Fox News to see how they are spinning this and what do I see?  Senator Ron Johnson going on and on about Hunter Biden, the deep state US government made up of the left, Joe Biden being corrupt and easing sanctions on China, and on and on.  To call this news is just horrific.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

It's Sunday morning and Putin just threatened to use nukes against the world, so I flip over to Fox News to see how they are spinning this and what do I see?  Senator Ron Johnson going on and on about Hunter Biden, the deep state US government made up of the left, Joe Biden being corrupt and easing sanctions on China, and on and on.  To call this news is just horrific.

the groundwork they're laying on hunter biden is so fucking predictable and tired.  they're having to bring him up a few dozen times so when they retake the house in november and subsequently start launching investigations into him, the fox news crowd will say, "well yeah, of course, that makes total sense."

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

the groundwork they're laying on hunter biden is so fucking predictable and tired.  they're having to bring him up a few dozen times so when they retake the house in november and subsequently start launching investigations into him, the fox news crowd will say, "well yeah, of course, that makes total sense."

Agreed.  They also started talking about how the secret service didn’t have Hunter Biden’s travel schedule back when Joe Biden was VP and this is all a giant conspiracy to cover up the illegal stuff Hunter and Joe have been doing all these years.  I fully expect Biden investigations for years once the GOP gets the house and I also expect impeachment of Joe Biden within months of them taking the house.  For what they will impeach I am not sure but they will think of something.  They need payback against the Dems for impeaching their traitor two times. 

27 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Come on man, haven't you been paying attention? Somebody around here keeps reminding us that it can always get worse, and there is no bottom. Can't quite recall who that is though.

Can't remember his name, but he always seems smart. Just read his posts where he always knows it all no matter the topic.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller