How Fox News works

retread

Occasionally spy runs on hostile transmissions can be fun, like LARPing as an Australian coast watcher during WW2.
My local Right Wing Talk station is actually really good with Republicans digging up toxic dirt on each other and speaking some vicious truth about rivals, some good nitty-gritty local feuds that you won't find info on anywhere else. (I guess local Democrats could dig it up, if they'd quit being all noble and NPR-y for a sec.) But when they go to national politics they are just one degree short of generic Qtard. Then you get all the guys who are 30 but sound like they are 80 calling in and rambling. Kinda like Finebaum minus football talk.
And that's all I've got to say about tha-at.

When driving between major cities in Texas I often switch over to conservative talk radio for about 10 minutes. That’s the most my brain can typically handle but it can be fascinating, in a scary way. Know your enemy and all that.

10 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

When driving between major cities in Texas I often switch over to conservative talk radio for about 10 minutes. That’s the most my brain can typically handle but it can be fascinating, in a scary way. Know your enemy and all that.

My parents went through a Rush phase in the 1990s they luckily grew out of. One time around 2009 I got tired of the top 40 and bro country and decided to scan the AM dial, just to see if and what Rush was up to. Instead I heard this man screaming at the top of his lungs, just making a total ass of himself, and it was Mark Levin.  I’d listen to him for about ten minutes a week for a month or so, it was like a train wreck. 

I drove my mom's car the other week and got a few minutes of her preferred local SoCal shitbag radio jockey. He was ranting on whether or not you should hate liberal and concluded that, "It doesn't matter if you hate them; they live in an alternate reality and, while they deserve your pity, they must be stopped." This was followed seamlessly by a live read for My Pillow.

It would be hilarious if, you know, it was somebody else's mom who would have been nodding along had she been listening.

• Like 1

Florida LtGov on Ingraham: “They have no right to criticize legislation passed by duly elected legislators!”

The conservative Constitution just has one real provision (the 2nd amendment) and another pretend one (whatever I want to do is a sacred constitutional liberty, and whatever you want to do violates the constitution).

This is a great idea, imo.  Someone a hell of a lot smarter and Tech savvy then me should do this on YT, include all of the RW media nuts… 

Fox could have avoided all of this by simply by adding a laugh track to Carlson, Hannity etc., bolstering the claim that they're entertainers.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

I drove my mom's car the other week and got a few minutes of her preferred local SoCal shitbag radio jockey. He was ranting on whether or not you should hate liberal and concluded that, "It doesn't matter if you hate them; they live in an alternate reality and, while they deserve your pity, they must be stopped." This was followed seamlessly by a live read for My Pillow.

It would be hilarious if, you know, it was somebody else's mom who would have been nodding along had she been listening.

This is why there is no winning. The train has left the station. They have convinced themselves that everyone ELSE is living in an alternate reality, not them. Unfortunately their reality is not backed up by facts or, you know, reality, but with the internet and social media, there is no reversing this. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The conservative Constitution just has one real provision (the 2nd amendment) and another pretend one (whatever I want to do is a sacred constitutional liberty, and whatever you want to do violates the constitution).

the constitution clearly says “you can’t tell me what to do”. 

that’s what the 1st amendment is to them. 

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:

The local one appears to be more local now. I can barely pick it up at home. I can see their tower from my window. Still comes in great in the car so maybe my $10 clock radio is increasingly left-wing. When they spout talking points, it's interesting to see what those points are-- about a year ago half their hosts were mocking any vaccines or precautions, then one day some of those hosts were gone, and the rest were telling callers to get their asses vaccinated. Somebody up the chain got a letter.

Last time I checked in, a host was on a screed about how some law would affect local vape shops. That's the kind of stuff where they actually provide info.

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

My parents went through a Rush phase in the 1990s they luckily grew out of. One time around 2009 I got tired of the top 40 and bro country and decided to scan the AM dial, just to see if and what Rush was up to. Instead I heard this man screaming at the top of his lungs, just making a total ass of himself, and it was Mark Levin.  I’d listen to him for about ten minutes a week for a month or so, it was like a train wreck. 

When I lived in Austin, I'd have Art Bell on late at night, and Alex Jones on whenever he ran, for entertainment. I never figured either of them took it seriously.

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

the constitution clearly says “you can’t tell me what to do”. 

that’s what the 1st amendment is to them. 

The 1st amendment also means to them that everyone has to live according to THEIR religious beliefs or it’s a violation of THEIR right to freedom of religion. Just saying “Happy holidays” becomes a “WAR ON CHRISTMAS!”

• Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Fox Cameraman killed and correspondent wounded while covering the war in Ukraine. Gonna be an awkward Christmas party.

Yep, though I think a lot more folks there are on the same page as we are if you get them off the record.  But, When Tucker offers his widow his condolences, and sadly his throat gets slit in the parking garage...that'll just a darn shame.  

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yep, though I think a lot more folks there are on the same page as we are if you get them off the record.  But, When Tucker offers his widow his condolences, and sadly his throat gets slit in the parking garage...that'll just a darn shame.  

12801217-B96B-4AC8-A9B5-C7364FC8C1C8.jpeg.e53ec08c112791b16091f1518b918bc4.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

Cross posting from the Tucker thread.  Tucker has on experts who literally say “LOL I work with Russian intelligence NBD.” Like the sweaty porcine visaged skid mark in this video.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/craigsilverman/the-report-was-actually-called-shower-of-falsehoods

"I was the primary person involved in writing the content of the report, but the project was a collective effort that drew on the expertise of likeminded professionals, both for sourcing and analysis," Ehrlich said in an email to BuzzFeed News. "Some of those people work inside Russia's foreign-ministry and/or intelligence community, but the site was not created with the approval of anyone in Russia's government."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Cross posting from the Tucker thread.  Tucker has on experts who literally say “LOL I work with Russian intelligence NBD.” Like the sweaty porcine visaged skid mark in this video.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/craigsilverman/the-report-was-actually-called-shower-of-falsehoods

The thing we need to ask is do laws making murder illegal work? We've had laws banning murder, yet murders still occur. Why is that and why can't we question whether this is just more virtue signaling from leftists freedom haters.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Is that Don Jr’s coke dealer?

7 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Is that Don Jr’s coke dealer?

Is that what happened to that little guy on Fantasy Island?

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Haha 5

I like how Hannity, a much younger and professional broadcaster, made at least three blatant speech missteps while just reading from a teleprompter questioning Biden's cognitive decline.  

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

I like how Hannity, a much younger and professional broadcaster, made at least three blatant speech missteps while just reading from a teleprompter questioning Biden's cognitive decline.  

It’s almost like Fox hired a construction worker that never graduated from college because his resume consisted of a college radio show touting conspiracy theories and anti-gay rhetoric 

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

HE'S NOT FIT TO BE ON TV!  HIS BRAIN IS MADE OF OATMEAL!!!11!  WAAAAARRRGGGARRRRBL!!!!!

On 3/12/2022 at 11:03 AM, Underdog said:

This is a great idea, imo.  Someone a hell of a lot smarter and Tech savvy then me should do this on YT, include all of the RW media nuts… 

Fox could have avoided all of this by simply by adding a laugh track to Carlson, Hannity etc., bolstering the claim that they're entertainers.

I like this idea, though it would be cringey IMHO, seeing them spewing crap and hearing laughter. Kind of like that Rodney Dangerfield dinner scene in Natural Born Killers. That was peak uncomfortable watching in a movie full of uncomfortable scenes.

(I'm using spoiler and issuing a warning to anyone who is not familiar but wants to check it out)

Spoiler

Glad they found the time in their busy reporting schedule to cover the opening of a small single store in any town, USA.  Sadly they had to dump an in depth expose on Patty Thomas, the preschooler of the week in Elko, Nevada.  

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Glad they found the time in their busy reporting schedule to cover the opening of a small single store in any town, USA.  Sadly they had to dump an in depth expose on Patty Thomas, the preschooler of the week in Elko, Nevada.  

I heard she eats her boogers and wets the bed though.

Do we really want someone like that as preschooler of the week?

Sounds like the liberati is at it again. Rewarding the ‘Potty Patty’s’ of the world while the hard working Johnny Smiths just build their block castles and recite the pledge everyday.

Why don’t we reward that anymore?

• Hook 'Em 1

I flip fox on every now and again to see what that side of the aisle is focused on. Yesterday they had Bill Barr on, and they meandered from Hunter’s laptop to Jackson’s hearing. Barr laid out the “republicans won’t turn it into a show like the dems did for Kavanaugh and Barrett” line, but then he went off script and said (paraphrasing) “but they did this with Trump’s cabinet nominees too, they held all of them up, republicans don’t do that.”  

giphy.gif

I flip fox on every now and again to see what that side of the aisle is focused on. Yesterday they had Bill Barr on, and they meandered from Hunter’s laptop to Jackson’s hearing. Barr laid out the “republicans won’t turn it into a show like the dems did for Kavanaugh and Barrett” line, but then he went off script and said (paraphrasing) “but they did this with Trump’s cabinet nominees too, they held all of them up, republicans don’t do that.”  

giphy.gif
It just seemed like the left "held up" Trump's Cabinet appointments. The problem was Trump kept firing those who were somewhat competent and refused to suck the orange cock. I lost track of all the turnover under Trump.

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

giphy.gif

Lying piece of shit. They’re doing their best to block all of his ambassadors. They held up the nomination of Nicholas Burns to be Ambassador to China for months. You know, that’s kind of a key position.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/us-senate-backs-biden-nominee-burns-be-ambassador-china-2021-12-16/

Senate Republicans have been blocking dozens of Biden's nominees for diplomatic positions.

Of course they have because that’s what they do. Obstruction is their thing. Thanks for acknowledging that Biden won the election, Bill, but you’re a fat lying cunt and a traitor to your country and the Constitution and you should be dangling at the end of a rope right next to Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 4

9 hours ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
9 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

giphy.gif

It just seemed like the left "held up" Trump's Cabinet appointments. The problem was Trump kept firing those who were somewhat competent and refused to suck the orange cock. I lost track of all the turnover under Trump.

And then he just named "acting" or "interim" folks, so that they wouldn't have to get confirmed... 

• Rage+1 1