How Fox News works

retread

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

What kind of pathetic woman actually married this tincan of a man?

One who is about to get millions from the divorce?

I can only imagine what tomorrow’s audio will be.  They are doing a good job of escalating just as Fox is meeting with their key advertisers.   

2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Interesting that there's been no discussion of it on the Stern show. 

For those that don't know, Bubba's "co-host" is Brent, who now is on Stern.  I really expected it to be discussed. 

He may not want to draw attention to his role in those comments.  

I’m curious who is providing the audio clips. 

The never ending (((SOROS))) bullshit makes so much more sense now.

Who Bankrolls Tucker Carlson's Hateful Propaganda? Why the Kochs of Course.

https://www.prwatch.org/news/2019/03/13455/who-bankrolls-tucker-carlsons-hateful-propaganda-why-kochs-course

Fox News' Tucker Carlson is under fire this week for racist, sexist, and homophobic comments he made while chatting on "Bubba the Love Sponge" a shock jock radio show between 2006-2011. Groups are scrutinizing Fox's advertisers and demanding that they drop Carlson's show.

But Carlson also publishes The Daily Caller, a controversial online media outlet with ties to white nationalists that has infamously peddled everything from climate denial and anti-Islamic tropes to false prostitution charges and violence against protesters.

Carlson's moonlighting as an extremist at The Daily Caller is heavily bankrolled by -- you guessed it -- the Koch brothers. An investigation by the Center for Media and Democracy (CMD) finds that the Charles Koch Foundation has poured more than $2.7 million into the Daily Caller's non-profit "charity" since 2012, which generates the lion's share of the "news" that the Caller publishes.

Indeed, in 2016, Koch cash accounted for 83 percent of the The Daily Caller News Foundation's $1.1 million in revenues.

Carlson Under Fire

As if catering to white supremacists was not bad enough, Media Matters published an inventory of hateful comments made by Carlson as a guest on the radio show between 2006-2011.

The radio host discusses Warren Jeffs, the religious leader who was investigated in 2007 for marrying off underage girls to older men and was eventually jailed for sexual assault of minors in 2011. When the radio host condemned Jeffs for being an "accessory to the rape of children," Carlson said "whatever the hell that means," and going on to suggest that forcible underage marriage is not as serious as forcible child rape. Listen to the tape here.

In other interviews, Carlson called Iraqis "semi-literate primitive monkeys," who "don't use toilet paper or forks." They should just "shut the fuck up and obey." Carlson spoke about his desire for a presidential candidate to blame the "lunatic Muslims who are behaving like animals." That candidate would be "elected king" if they vowed to "kill as many of them as [they] can." Carlson also said Afghanistan is "never going to be a civilized country because the people aren't civilized." Listen to the tape here.

The release of the older audio tapes gives "context and insight" on his nightly programming today, said Media Matters President Angelo Carusone on MSNBC.

So far, Carlson has failed to apologize. As Fox News scrambles to control the damage, at least three advertisers -- Allergan, letgo, and GreatCall -- have had enough.

But with the focus on advertisers, it's important to remember who else bankrolls Carlson's mini media empire.

The Koch Caller?

The Kochs have long underwritten The Daily Caller. Previously, CMD reported that the Kochs gave $805,512 to The Daily Caller News Foundation between 2012 and 2015, predominantly from the Charles G. Koch Foundation. Since then, the numbers have continued to grow.

The Koch foundation gave another $946,000 in 2016 and $960,000 in 2017, the last year publicly available -- for a total of $2.7 million.

In 2017, CMD analyzed emails sent by the Trump campaign to The Daily Caller subscribers and estimated that the outlet also received at least $150,000 from the Trump campaign in the months right before the November election, based on the fee charged for mailings to its list. The funding was never disclosed by Carlson or The Daily Caller as they reported on the Trump campaign.

In addition, CMD also examined the relationship between the non-profit and for-profit arms of Tucker Carlson's operation. The mechanics of how they operate together raise serious concerns about whether Carlson's tax-free nonprofit is operating primarily for the private benefit of his for-profit media outlet, which would be a violation of tax law.

CMD's story was picked up by numerous media outlets including the Washington Post, which interviewed tax experts on the legality of the scheme.

"It really does look like the reason for the existence of this 501(c)(3) organization is to provide benefits to the for-profit company, and that should be a private benefit that is not acceptable," Linda Sugin, a law professor at Fordham University, told the Post and other media outlets. "You can't have money going into the foundation being used for purposes that are really to support the for-profit organization."

In both 2006 and 2009, Tucker defended Warren Jeffs by saying he'd only facilitated rape, not actually done it himself, as if that's a defense. Jeffs was the "prophet" of the FLDS church and his followers believe he was speaking with God's voice. If they disobey Jeffs, they disobey God and are risking their souls. Jeffs also expelled members and confiscated their property if they disobeyed him. He is directly responsible for the rapes, just as much as if he'd held the girl down during the act. 

At the time of Tucker's 2006 comments, there were multiple allegations Jeffs raped underage girls himself, as well as facilitated it by forcing children to marry much older men, but he had not yet been charged with raping children himself. Perhaps Tucker was so poorly informed, he hadn't seen these accusations, but that is a poor excuse considering it was his job to know the news. 

Even giving him the benefit of the doubt for his 2006 comments, Tucker's 2009 comments are both indefensible and completely ignorant. Jeffs was charged with child rape in two states at the time of Tucker's comments. 

Aug. 27, 2009: “He’s in prison because he’s weird and unpopular and he has a different lifestyle that other people find creepy.

“He's like got some weird religious cult where he thinks it's OK to, you know, marry underaged girls, but he didn't do it. Why wouldn't the guy who actually did it, who had sex with an underaged girl, he should be the one who's doing life.”

At the time Tucker made these comments, Jeffs had been indicted by both Arizona and Texas for child rape. He was convicted on the Texas charges and is in prison for life +20. Arizona then dropped charges, since Jeffs is never getting out of prison. 

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/12/polygamy.charges/index.html

Arizona 2007

[quote]A grand jury indicted Jeffs May 10 on two counts of sexual conduct with a minor and two counts of incest for alleged incidents that occurred in 2002, according to a statement issued by Mohave County Attorney Matthew J. Smith.[/quote]

http://www.newswest9.com/story/9407451/west-texas-polygamist-ranch-leader-indicted/

Texas 2008

ELDORADO, Texas (AP) - The 72-year-old presiding elder of a polygamist Mormon sect in West Texas and two other church members surrendered today.

They're free on bond over felony charges relating to the underage marriage of girls to older men.

Frederick "Merril" Jessop is a leader of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Jessop faces one count of conducting an unlawful marriage ceremony involving a minor.
One of his daughters was allegedly married to jailed sect leader Warren Jeffs at 12.

Edited by suddenly shaggy
Edit feature on here is garbage. I accidentally bolded the bracket on the quote about Arizona charging him, but it won't let me edit it because it thinks it's part of a larger quote block.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, suddenly shaggy said:

In both 2006 and 2009, Tucker defended Warren Jeffs by saying he'd only facilitated rape, not actually done it himself, as if that's a defense. Jeffs was the "prophet" of the FLDS church and his followers believe he was speaking with God's voice.

At the time of Tucker's 2006 comments, there were multiple allegations Jeffs raped underage girls himself, as well as facilitated it by forcing children to marry much older mend, but he had not yet been charged. Perhaps Tucker was so poorly informed, he hadn't seen these accusations, but that is a poor excuse considering it was his job to know the news. 

Even giving him the benefit of the doubt for his 2006 comments, Tucker's 2009 comments are both indefensible and completely ignorant. Jeffs was charged with child rape in two states at the time of Tucker's comments 

Trumpkins are cool with electing to the highest office in the land a man who bragged, on tape, about sexually assaulting women.

Being cool with assaulting women is a FEATURE of the Trumpkin band, not a bug.  This doesn't move the needle with Tucker's audience.  Not even a little bit...except maybe to IMPROVE his favorability ratings.

Edited by Brisketexan

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Trumpkins are cool with electing to the highest office in the land a man who bragged, on tape, about sexually assaulting women.

Being cool with assaulting women is a FEATURE of the Trumpkin band, not a bug.  This doesn't move the needle with Tucker's audience.  Not even a little bit...except maybe to IMPROVE his favorability ratings.

Oh, I know. Just putting the facts on this thread for when the usual suspects start trying to defend Tucker. The post is not for them, they are lost. That post was for anyone else who didn't know the whole story. I remembered some of the details and googled the others. 

Fact: Jeffs was accused of child rape when Tucker defended him.

9 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

"Schooner Tuna" is a little too close to Boomer Sooner for me. They need to change their name to Frigate Tuna, or Sloop Tuna. As a Texan I cannot buy Schooner Tuna without hearing that stupid "song." 

Maybe you can petition Hollywood to produce a Mr. Mom remake. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 1:54 PM, atomheartbevo said:
  • Progressive
  • My Pillow
  • Elite Singles
  • StarKist
  • Super Beta Prostate
  • Jenny Craig
  • POFS
  • Bayer

Advertisers standing with Tucker, lol.  

My Fox News watching parents bought one of those My Pillows for the guest room. 

Even as she told me about it, my mom admitted that the pillow was probably "all hype" but they wanted to try it, and I would be the first guest to actually use the magical pillow. 

When I laid down for sleep I just started laughing. Imagine the cheapest low rent Walmart bottom shelf value buy pillow, and this was worse. It provided the kind of  comfort I'd imagine you'd get at a run down $49/night motor lodge along a barren state highway. 

Fleecing the olds with overpriced crap advertised on that garbage network is the easy path to millions. 

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Fox News, as the NZ massacre is unfolding, is reporting on CNN's reporting on the cunt Catholic kid (Sandmann) with a follow up about invasion at the border.   

I would expect nothing different. 

To be fair, Fox News doesn’t invest in reporting, especially globally. All they can really do is watch cnn and report back. MSNBC is similar. If there is natural disaster, Fox can usually get someone there within a couple of days while cnn is there within a couple hours.

10 hours ago, TornACL said:

Even as she told me about it, my mom admitted that the pillow was probably "all hype" but they wanted to try it, and I would be the first guest to actually use the magical pillow. 

When I laid down for sleep I just started laughing. Imagine the cheapest low rent Walmart bottom shelf value buy pillow, and this was worse. It provided the kind of  comfort I'd imagine you'd get at a run down $49/night motor lodge along a barren state highway. 

Fleecing the olds with overpriced crap advertised on that garbage network is the easy path to millions. 

I’ve found a lot of comfort at $49/ night motels.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Watched Tucker last night, it’s clear he’s not going anywhere thankfully. 

No shit, he has an audience of misogynist mouth breathers such as yourself and mypillow.com to prop him up. Keep on fighting the good fighting and spreading the hate that leads to places of worship getting shot up.

• Like 1

But the guy always makes a point to show he’s wearing a cross!!!! He’s a good Christian man!
Like white Jesus!

20 minutes ago, Captainant said:

No shit, he has an audience of misogynist mouth breathers such as yourself and mypillow.com to prop him up. Keep on fighting the good fighting and spreading the hate that leads to places of worship getting shot up.

Yes, I’m sure anyone reading this exchange would assume I’m the hateful one. 

• Fuck You 1