How Fox News works

retread

5 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Your troll game is really weak with this one. You're usually much more subtle in your stirring things up technique. 

You beat me to it. We usually get a more subtle troll effort by Chrispy troll. Could be just the shift change though. Or maybe some higher up wrote a memo? 

Edited by JimmyJames

18 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Your troll game is really weak with this one. You're usually much more subtle in your stirring things up technique. 

My apologies. The wife and kids are battling some bug this week and, well, I’m frankly tired. I had no idea that having such a fantastic immune system could be so isolating. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

My apologies. The wife and kids are battling some bug this week and, well, I’m frankly tired. I had no idea that having such a fantastic immune system could be so isolating. 

So we shouldn't look for a post from you in the getting laid thread then. 

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

"More about climate change."  Yes, when I am riled up about the melting icecaps, my primary thought is "man....I REALLY need to go murder a buncha muslims while they're in a mosque."  I'm sure y'all see the obvious connection.

• Like 1

Tucker better pucker.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/16/media/jeanine-pirro-fox-news/index.html

The network said at the time that the views Pirro expressed "do not reflect those of the network and we have addressed the matter with her directly" — but declined to say if she was being sanctioned in any way.

Several advertisers subsequently distanced themselves from Pirro's weekly show, called "Justice."

The show did not appear on this weekend's cable schedule guide. In its place was an unusual repeat of a documentary series.

Pirro has not said anything about taking a vacation. She hasn't tweeted since last weekend. All together, the circumstances suggest that she has been suspended by Fox in the wake of her comments.

But if she has been suspended, Fox is not saying so. A network spokeswoman said "we are not commenting on internal scheduling matters."

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Eh, this is kind of retarded. It's like announcing the realization that Golden Corral can't replace their slop with healthy food choices without losing their customer base.

38 minutes ago, F250 said:

Eh, this is kind of retarded. It's like announcing the realization that Golden Corral can't replace their slop with healthy food choices without losing their customer base.

So you might be a redneck, if your favorite channel and comedians' last name both start with Fox?  

On one hand I applaud FOX for yanking her ass off the air, even if temporarily. On the other it's their fault for giving this racist scam artist a platform to begin with. Just listening to her I can feel the venom and it makes my skin crawl. This woman is evil.

• Like 1

Cnn ran a story today where they claim tucker only has a minute or two of paid advertisers per hour long show. Can that be accurate that he’s that toxic to advertisers now?     I’m sure Fox can attribute cable subscription revenues to his show but I’m sure they actually judge show success by advertisers dollars since the cable $ is already set.

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Cnn ran a story today where they claim tucker only has a minute or two of paid advertisers per hour long show. Can that be accurate that he’s that toxic to advertisers now?     I’m sure Fox can attribute cable subscription revenues to his show but I’m sure they actually judge show success by advertisers dollars since the cable $ is already set.

Fox News isn’t your normal business model anymore.  The advertising money isn’t nearly as valuable as the audiences Tucker is generating.  His ratings are crushing it in that time slot, nothing comes close at that hour.

Tucker is currently drawing just shy of three million viewers per night which puts him in third overall behind Maddow and Hannity. 

Even if Fox replaced Tucker with Ingraham, who is even more bigoted, they would have to move something new to replace Ingraham’s 9PM slot. Ingraham is currently drawing 2.5 million viewers per night which is currently 4th, just behind Tucker. 

Fox News makes a shitload of money even if advertisers choose to boycott the prime time shows.  Until advertisers decide to boycott Fox News entirely, I don’t see their trash getting taken out.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He’s fucking unhinged this weekend.  Worried about his Fox News defenders being purged, while asking that Fox News purge anybody who he disagrees with.  

Something is coming if he’s concerned about people like Shep Smith.  

Don’t think that tweet had much to do with Shep.  It was more, “Don’t do anything to my guys who are getting you ratings until you ditch the guys that aren’t.”  

A predictable projection/deflection but what about the democrats crimes!

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Fox News isn’t your normal business model anymore.  The advertising money isn’t nearly as valuable as the audiences Tucker is generating.  His ratings are crushing it in that time slot, nothing comes close at that hour.

Tucker is currently drawing just shy of three million viewers per night which puts him in third overall behind Maddow and Hannity. 

Even if Fox replaced Tucker with Ingraham, who is even more bigoted, they would have to move something new to replace Ingraham’s 9PM slot. Ingraham is currently drawing 2.5 million viewers per night which is currently 4th, just behind Tucker. 

Fox News makes a shitload of money even if advertisers choose to boycott the prime time shows.  Until advertisers decide to boycott Fox News entirely, I don’t see their trash getting taken out.

You don’t just earn revenue because people are watching.  Yes, cable providers pay Fox News money to have Fox News on their lineup but the cable companies are also getting killed if no one is buying their ad time in that hour too.  The lack of ad space will lower the Comcast or TW revenue eventually. 

channels like fox and cnn can’t get by without showing ads. Something will eventually give unless Murdoch doesn’t mind earning less revenue.

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

channels like fox and cnn can’t get by without showing ads. Something will eventually give unless Murdoch doesn’t mind earning less revenue.

Nope, and people cutting the cable (or never subscribing out of high school or college in the first place) is hurting these companies.   

Plus properties like Fox News do better when they are the opposition.  It’s why Limbaugh’s golden years were when Clinton and Obama were in the WH.   It’s also why MSNBC has been doing well under Trump.   

The thing about ad revenue is that it’s a performance indicator, and people like Tucker have less bargaining power when they lose big advertisers.  He can ask Fox News for a raise, they can tell him no, and he can sit and stew, because his alternative is The Blaze or OAN and neither is ponying that kind of money up for him.  

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Look guys, I want Fox News to reform more than anyone but y’all need to stop looking them as a normal profit motive driven business.   They are not normal while under the Trump administration.

06B01626-E280-4F6C-A19C-90D1F22C7646_zps

There's no way Trump is responsible enough to pick up his dogs poop

• Like 2

Donna Brazile works at CNN and is accused of helping Hillary Clinton by giving her debate questions.

Fox News relentlessly hammers Brazile and CNN for bias, lack of integrity and transparency, and misleading viewers.

CNN fires Brazile.

~Fast forward two years~

Fox News hires Donna Brazile because, WHATTA YA KNOW, Fox News doesn’t give a fancy fuck about her bias, lack of integrity and transparency, and misleading viewers after all!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

~Fast forward two years~

Fox News hires Donna Brazile because, WHATTA YA KNOW, Fox News doesn’t give a fancy fuck about her bias, lack of integrity and transparency, and misleading viewers after all!

Uh no.  They’re far from indifferent or not giving a fuck, they LOVE it.  Match made in heaven.  

10 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Donna Brazile works at CNN and is accused of helping Hillary Clinton by giving her debate questions.

Fox News relentlessly hammers Brazile and CNN for bias, lack of integrity and transparency, and misleading viewers.

CNN fires Brazile.

~Fast forward two years~

They don't give a fancy fuck about politics in general. What they care about is market share, ratings, advertisers, etc and they do it by promoting the idea that politics is a team sport. What gives them those ratings is by picking the red team since, especially going back to their inception in 1996, there wasn't a cable network on TV that anyone accused of "picking the red team."

Edited by hpslugga
  • Like 2