How Fox News works

retread

So disheartening that the 40% are so efficiently managed with meaningless slogans. Wall, Witch Hunt, MS-13, Pre-existing Conditions, Across State Lines, Free Market, etc. Just say them over and over and you're golden. 

They’re irredeemable and worthless. Go ahead and waste time trying to reach them, but it’s wasted breath.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

They’re irredeemable and worthless. Go ahead and waste time trying to reach them, but it’s wasted breath.

You’d think they’d be easier to herd and manipulate because of the gullibility.  Maybe the focus should be more on the charlatans pulling the strings instead of their audiences. 

59 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You’d think they’d be easier to herd and manipulate because of the gullibility.  Maybe the focus should be more on the charlatans pulling the strings instead of their audiences. 

Wow, Hugo calling other people gullible. Now I’ve seen it all. 

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Chrispy said:

Wow, Hugo calling other people gullible. Now I’ve seen it all. 

Out of the four countries in Mexico, which is your favorite? Mexico or Mexico Light or Auxiliary Mexico or Newish Mexico? 

• Like 3

Mistakes on the news scrolls can be honest mistakes but this shows the level of incompetence and that Fox doesn’t care about accuracy.

If they screwed up the name of the capital of Bhutan, it would be a forgivable mistake. No one knows it. But to call guatemala a Mexican country is not only ignorant, it’s easy to think it’s borderline racist. Basically saying that “all of those people down there are Mexicans or might as well be.” It’s using Mexican as an insult and then applying to a wide range of people to justify trumps actions.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Mistakes on the news scrolls can be honest mistakes but this shows the level of incompetence and that Fox doesn’t care about accuracy.

If they screwed up the name of the capital of Bhutan, it would be a forgivable mistake. No one knows it. But to call guatemala a Mexican country is not only ignorant, it’s easy to think it’s borderline racist. Basically saying that “all of those people down there are Mexicans or might as well be.” It’s using Mexican as an insult and then applying to a wide range of people to justify trumps actions.

Borderline?  No, it's racist.

14 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

We need Wall on all the borders with Mexican countries.  Mexico, Guatemala, Brazil, Syria, Pakistan ... all of them.

In a bold and unsubstantiated declaration in front of a frenzied Mexican crowd, Mexico announced that the other Mexicos would pay for the wall, instead of Mexico.  Mexico remained unresponsive when asked for details on exactly how Mexico would get the other Mexicos to pay for the wall and continued to ask the Mexican crowd "Who's going to pay for the wall?"  Repeatedly, the Mexican crowd would gleefully respond with "other Mexicos!"  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Active war zone 

Their demographic is scared pussies, so....

1*GPNU5IBUkDVqN_7zIc1mog.jpeg

Brought to you by the people who actually sell "tactical underwear" -

2017-tactical-underwear-sportswear-warmt

I sweatergawd, I'm gonna start marketing "Tactical cheez doodles" and "Tactical beer" to these nimrods.  I'll be rich within a week.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Their demographic is scared pussies, so....

1*GPNU5IBUkDVqN_7zIc1mog.jpeg

Brought to you by the people who actually sell "tactical underwear" -

2017-tactical-underwear-sportswear-warmt

I sweatergawd, I'm gonna start marketing "Tactical cheez doodles" and "Tactical beer" to these nimrods.  I'll be rich within a week.

MyTacticalPillow

• Like 6

On 4/2/2019 at 6:01 PM, Mo Horn said:

A man who unironically wore a bow tie well into his late 30's while sporting the Ole Miss frat boy haircut certainly shouldn't be questioning the masculinity of anyone else.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

45 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

This is very good, probably relatable to damn near all of us, and very sad.

This is an under appreciated phenomenon:

“My parents haven’t been broken by Fox News, but what I find almost as disturbing is how even parents who have never watched a moment of Fox News can parrot their talking points—like mine. My mom is an actual immigrant from Venezuela and she started talking the other day about how refugees are an undue burden on our healthcare system and the reasons it’s bad. She’s an educated person who has never watched Fox News! But Hannity and Tucker have so permeated the culture that their noxious shit can be found coming out of the mouths of ostensibly “liberal” people. It’s terrifying.”

On 4/4/2019 at 11:51 AM, Js1 said:

Active war zone 

The ridiculousness of this can’t be overstated.  Do yourself a favor and read some of the replies and then browse through people trying to justify the need for an empty plate carrier.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is an under appreciated phenomenon:

“My parents haven’t been broken by Fox News, but what I find almost as disturbing is how even parents who have never watched a moment of Fox News can parrot their talking points—like mine. My mom is an actual immigrant from Venezuela and she started talking the other day about how refugees are an undue burden on our healthcare system and the reasons it’s bad. She’s an educated person who has never watched Fox News! But Hannity and Tucker have so permeated the culture that their noxious shit can be found coming out of the mouths of ostensibly “liberal” people. It’s terrifying.”

Meh, I don't know. 

The idea of refugees being an undue burden is more human nature than Fox News. Fox News plays on those inherent territorial fears people have. I also don't believe in this phenomenon of Fox News talking points somehow seeping into mainstream and being absorbed by non-watchers. More likely, people who don't admit to being Fox News viewers are Fox News viewers.

This is very good, probably relatable to damn near all of us, and very sad.

I told a story about my dad this weekend in another thread on this topic.

I’ll have to go find it later and copy it here.

I would do it now but I’m at the nail salon spending too much money getting ready for my daughter’s prom tomorrow and I don’t have the energy or brain capacity right now.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I also don't believe in this phenomenon of Fox News talking points somehow seeping into mainstream and being absorbed by non-watchers. More likely, people who don't admit to being Fox News viewers are Fox News viewers.

Perhaps you haven’t witnessed it first hand in real life.  I’ve see this occurrence where a group of business and community leaders look to the strongest voices in their circles for their political talking points/dogma.  

If those voices are avid Fox News watchers regurgitating the talking points without being challenged, those views become the accepted norm within the circle and permeate throughout the community. If the population isn’t getting any exposure to opposing views or opinions, it’s concerning. 

It’s kind of like mass groupthink.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

25 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Meh, I don't know. 

The idea of refugees being an undue burden is more human nature than Fox News. Fox News plays on those inherent territorial fears people have. I also don't believe in this phenomenon of Fox News talking points somehow seeping into mainstream and being absorbed by non-watchers. More likely, people who don't admit to being Fox News viewers are Fox News viewers.

It's quite possible these people are Fox News watchers, but you are kidding yourself if they aren't setting the stupid right wing talking points in this country right now. The "we immigrated the right way" is a line I've heard from many immigrants, you know despite the fact that it's being intentionally made difficult for the poorest and most burdened who are trying to seek refuge in our country.

28 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I told a story about my dad this weekend in another thread on this topic.

I’ll have to go find it later and copy it here.

I would do it now but I’m at the nail salon spending too much money getting ready for my daughter’s prom tomorrow and I don’t have the energy or brain capacity right now.

They're too young for you.